Spongebob Squarepants: Really a baby show?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KagomeGrl445

Reaction score
Sometimes Spongebob can have some pretty funny stuff But what is too funny? I mean some of this stuff kids don't even understand.

Spongebob is just plain stupid in my opinion. Just like Foster's Home, Chowder, Invader Zim, and all that other junk people obsess over. The jokes aren't even funny. It's for immature kids who don't know a funny show when they see it. (Watch The Rick Mercer Report for a good laugh!)

I personally don't mind the occasional Spongebob Squarepants. Its very hard to find a half decent cartoon lately.

Spongebob isn't intended as a hit-you-over-the-head-with-a-brick comedy, its just sort of a spirit uplifting show, BECAUSE its immature.

Its not intended for teenagers and up; by then any kids show is a 'baby' show in most minds. Theres some clearly 'baby' shows, like, well, on the baby channels. Its been around for years, and years, and years, and hasn't changed all that much. Rather like watching Mary Poppins and so on, just because its uplifting, no?

Last edited by a moderator:
Zoria I like Spongebob. Are you calling me immature? Well anyway Spongebob (the show) can be a bit gross at times but I find everything else in it fine.

I totally agree with Zoria.

Personally, SpongeBob is just... stupid, like every other Nickelodeon show.

Spongebob..

is intended for ALL ages.

if you watch the show enough, you'll notice several adult-like humor.

I love spongebob, i think the show rocks! ^-^

Spongebob and other nick shows are not stupid. Thats calling nickelodeon stupid and unlike Disney they actually care about somebodys image. They would of just ended Zoey 101 and gotten it over with if they hadn't already made a fourth season. Well anyway nickelodeon shows are popular not stupid Spongebob is popular alot of kids love spongebob.

My parents and thier friends who are like,in their 40's LOVE Spongebob! One of my dad's friends loves Invader Zim,Jimmy Neutron,and The Fairly Odd Parents!! I love all the nick shows! Except iCarly. What kind of crap name is that?!

Zoria I like Spongebob. Are you calling me immature? Well anyway Spongebob (the show) can be a bit gross at times but I find everything else in it fine.
I'm with you chellybell. i love spongebob. it's stupid, and gross sometimes, but i love it. He's (spongebob) really a good guy, i mean he's always trying to be nice to squidward, and he's always generous. Squidwards mean though. but he's still funny! :)

Haha, I love spongebob. I usually watch an episode when I come home from school. My favorite episode was the one where squidward forms a marching band, and the flag twirlers hit an airplane and blow up.

What kind of kids' show is this?

a baby show? no way! that show is just plain funny! my dad is like a buisness freakshow, but he loves it! my brother is 14 and loves it too

i don't really think it's "baby" but intended for children. but still wicked funny!

Spongebob isn't immature! Ok it is but I still like watching Spongebob when there's nothing else on, I mean it's hard to find something on TV actually worth watching now, that's why I'm usually on the computer.

Spongebob isn't really a baby show, a lot of adults like it, my dad likes it and he's in his late thirties! I love all the cute songs and everything. If you hate spongebob, have you ever seen Super Normal? My sis was watching it once and I decided to watch a bit and it was the biggest load of c*** I've ever seen! Spongebob, Simpsons and South park are the only good cartoons.

Ignorance Hillarious Stupidity is bliss!

Sometimes it's nice to have a nice, "immature" laugh.

I watch it if I'm bored. It's pretty funny, but I do agree it's stupid. (BUT FUNNY!) The older ones anyway -- the newer ones are for n00bs. (No offense)

Latest posts

Back