We've checked all the entries submitted, adding up the correct answers, and lilsisTama is the winner of the January 2008 contest. lilsisTama submitted the winning entry with the highest number of correct answers; 17.
Thank you to all those who participated in this contest, we hope you had fun even if we couldn't award a prize to everyone who entered.
Here are the correct answers to the questions from the January 2008 contest.
Below each answer, I've provided a link to one of the places on TamaTalk or the web where it could have been found (so you know I didn't just make them up.)
(1) What is Mametchi's IQ?
(2) We all know her as Makiko, but that's not her real name. What is her real name?
Madeleine Kirie Dotchine
(3) What is the Tamagotchi King's cell phone number?
(4) In which year were Tamagotchis first sold?
(5) Which Tamagotchi model is (or was) available with a glow-in-the-dark shell design?
(6) On the Connection V3, what's the souvenir you can get for travelling to Australia?
enter the V3 TamaTown using the username TMGC!
go to the Travel office, and enter this password into the computer there: 36538 42944
you will see a postcard from Australia and be offered the surfboard souvenir.
(7) What is the model number of the battery (or batteries) used in the Tamagotchi Ocean?
LR44 (requires 2 of them)
see segment 8 of the instruction manual
(8) How many icons are there in the row at the top of the screen on a Tamagotchi Connection V2?
see segment 1 of the instruction manual
(9) What does a Decotchi look like? Provide a link (URL) to a picture of one.
Bottom row, fourth from the left: here
(I would also accept any other similar image or photo.)
(10) What is TamaTalk's fax number?
(11) What color is the March 2007 geocache? (Hint: it's here on TamaTalk.)
(All you had to do was go to the TamaTalk Search function, and search on the phrase geocache.)
(12) Click here to see a picture. What Tamagotchi character is this?
aka-hanatchi (but I would also accept akahanatchi or anything similar.)
(13) What's the name of the person credited as being the creator of the Tamagotchi?
Aki Maita (but I would also accept her name in combination with Akihiro Yokoi)
see the 1997 Economics award
(14) Which model Tamagotchi featured a blue-and-white display (instead of black-and-white)?
second last line in main paragraph translates to "It is the blue liquid crystal."
(15) Click here to see a picture. What Tamagotchi model is this?
(16) What is the highest number of Gotchi Points that a Tamagotchi Connection V3 character can win in a single game of Bump?
(17) If I could be any Tamagotchi character who would I be? (Hint: it's here on TamaTalk. No, it's not Mametchi. P.S. don't even think about sending me a PM asking for the answer.)
Don Big Boss Gotch
(18) Who is the champ of "Falldown 2"? (Hint: it's here on TamaTalk.)
(19) List all the destinations your Tamagotchi Connection V4 character can go to, using the travel tickets.
Canada, New York, Japan, Africa, France (answer could have these in any order)
enter the V4 TamaTown using the username TMGC! and password B1CB703 02F6D09
go to the Travel office, and look at the brochures on display there.
(20) What is Mametchi's pet's name?
Bagubagutchi's name is also printed on the shell for one of the FamiTama (Japanese V5) and Australian V5 designs.