Lord of the Flies

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MimitchiRocks

Reaction score
How many of you have read William Golding's Lord of the Flies?

I just finished reading it today for English. It's a very, very well-written book, definitely worth picking up.

It's essentially about a group of English schoolboys who end up on a deserted, uncharted island after a plane crash with NO adults. Everything goes great at first, then order begins to break down. It's very heavy in symbolism and foreshadowing. Great piece of work.

My favourite character was definitely Simon. I also liked Samneric (Sam and Eric, the twins).

How about you all? Read it? Wanna read it?

I want to read it, I almost picked up the movie. My mom said it was terrifying, little kids acting crazy is one the few things that scare my mom. I don't know how much the movie is like the book, maybe I'll rent the book at some point.

I think we read it next year in grade 10...

It sounds like a pretty demented book, I mean, children going crazy and killing everyone?! My sister said it was a pretty good book, but it was awfully weird and terrible. I kind of want to read it, but then again I am still pretty apprehensive. :wacko:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back