Tamagotchi Pedometer in July?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nummy

Reaction score
Engadget recently posted a short article about the v5. At the end of the article, they wrote

"If so, you can reportedly find these nationwide right now for $14.99, but the "refreshed" edition -- along with the Tamagotchi Pedometer, Tama-watchi, and redesigned Gotchi Gear lineup -- won't be landing until July."

So does this mean Bandai is bringing back the Arukotch Tamagotchi?

Thoughts?

It appears that we are getting a V5 product refresh, possibly a V5.5? I am interested to see how Bandai will create a Pedometer, and how they will market that.

aww a 5.5...really? that totally kills my v 5 high. :/ if they do have a refreshed version, i hope it allows you to name and control all 3 of the tamas ^_^

the pedometer would be cool but aren't the watches already available? i see them everywhere.

A V5.5?! Alright, I totally regreat buying the V4.5 because it has so less differences from the V4. Most of our members haven't even gotten the V5 yet. I wonder what BanDai is up to now? ^_^

Engadget recently posted a short article about the v5. At the end of the article, they wrote "If so, you can reportedly find these nationwide right now for $14.99, but the "refreshed" edition -- along with the Tamagotchi Pedometer, Tama-watchi, and redesigned Gotchi Gear lineup -- won't be landing until July."

Thoughts?
What's a pedometer?

A pedometer is a portable, electronic device that counts how many steps a person takes.

July? I got a Tama-Watchi already. A Tamagotchi Pedometer wouldn't be bad. I'd wear it on my belt. I'd like to see how many footsteps I make i a a day.

~ChibiMuffins

A pedometer would be nice. I am sure Bandai will not go as far as the most awesome Arukotchi. You know... that was one of the best pets ever.

A gal walking around, meeting guys, finding things, some good, some bad.

Sometimes it was just plain funny!

Really, don't count on it. It would really knock me on my rear end if they came out with one as interesting. ;)

I look forward to seeing what Bandai does.

i am so getting a pedometer. maybe one for my dad, he jogs every morning.

maybe... maybe, theyre releasing a new wave of Watchis! ( aka itchigotchi watchi ect. ) ;)

What on earth is Arukotchi? :D   ;)
Arukotch is a pedometer released by Bandai, although it was only released in Japan. It counts the steps you take when you put it on, and while you walk, run, or whatever, Arukotch meets boys along the way, along with her rival. As it says on Wikipedia:

Arukotch is not exactly a virtual pet, unlike most Tamagotchis. It is a combination of a pedometer and a game. When the user walks while wearing it, a character in the Arukotch called Arukotchi walks on the screen, and she may meet a boy Tamagotchi. Arukotchi may also find an item which makes her more attractive to the other Tamagotchi while she walks.

:D

I hope that the v5.5 will have some new games and maybe some new features. I'm really not impressed with the v5. The hype was too mcuh. It's kinda boring. There's really nothing to do with it since the website's a pain. At least on the 4.5 you could earn points and stuff. The v5 is just a little too dry for me. Hopefully they'll keep the larger screen on other Tamagotchi versions. I really enjoyed that part of the v5, though.

I'd really like to see bandai come out with an Angelgotchi connection! That would be so cool! They could get rid of the antenne thing and add a cute charm to the keychain. But since everything is "pollitically correct" a toy with an Angel on it would probably wouldn;t be allowed. Maybe instead they could re-creeate the original 1997/1996 versions with the same characters and designs...

Engadget recently posted a short article about the v5. At the end of the article, they wrote "If so, you can reportedly find these nationwide right now for $14.99, but the "refreshed" edition -- along with the Tamagotchi Pedometer, Tama-watchi, and redesigned Gotchi Gear lineup -- won't be landing until July."

Thoughts?
Ooooh! I'd like to get a V5.5!

And hopefully someday some Toy Store will have 4.5's trying to get rid of them so I can complete my collection. :p

A V5.5? Wow, they're sure releasing the new versions quickly!
I wish they'd bring back the Arukotch! That would be truly awesome. If they did I would buy it for sure.
There is no v5.5 it's just the second set of designs that haven't come out yet.

I guess that could be it. But lets hope for th v5.5. But thats still good for me. I always wanted the Aquarium and that is in the second wave!

~ChibiMuffins

I guess that could be it. But lets hope for th v5.5. But thats still good for me. I always wanted the Aquarium and that is in the second wave! 

~ChibiMuffins
Yeah the fishy one is one of my favs.

I was gonna get my friend a V5 for her birthday in April! >.<

She said, "Of course, by that time they're probably gonna have V6's out...."

I want a Watchi too!

No, I don't think so. Bandai releases new shells every other month. July is a 5.5. That's what it means by "a refresh". They are basically doing with the v5 what the 4.5 did. They will most likely add new characters, new games and clena up any bugs that the v5 had, or fix things that didn't work too well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back