Library Books...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zoria

Reaction score
I don't like borrowing from the library usually. Especially my school library; the books are ripped and like, 30 years old. (They don't keep up with their series either.) I think the newest book they have there was bought in 1991.

The public library books feel... slimy. So many other people have been touching it and sometimes I find peanutbutter and nasty things there.

I'd rather read my own books; though I read like a 300 page book in 3 hours and have read all my books, so I have no choice untill I buy a new book for myself. Or I borrow one of my grandma's books. (She has ALL the best books.)

I just got myself a new library card the other day and I didnt know how I would feel about borrowing books because like you said, sometimes you find weird stuff smeared onto the pages.

Here is my thinking. I could spend all kinds of money buying my own books, meaning there would have to be pauses between my reading frenzies, or I could suck it up and go to the library. This way, I can read all kinds of books I probably wouldnt have purchased. I just read two that are about $25 and I wouldnt have spent that much on them. So, I think borrowing is a good thing.

I borrow books from the local Library all the time - I read a lot so it saves me a truck load of money ;)

Also, if you choose a book you don't enjoy it's easy to take it back and swap it for something else.

Book shops aren't so keen on returns if you've already started reading the book :rolleyes:

I know some readers are careless and get books dirty when they borrow them. It doesn't really stop me from choosing a book - although I do flick through the book to make sure there's nothing too yucky stuck between the pages :D

I've found some really interesting things stuck in books before - old till receipts from a shop in a town hundreds of miles away, someones name and telephone number jotted down on a scrap piece of paper, doodles on a slip of paper... it's amazing what people use as book marks :huh:

I guess we just have a really nice library here.. It actually is quite nice, they just rebuilt it last year. I LOVE the library! I am on a mission to finish 150 new books within two years. I'm up to book number 79 right now, and it's been one year. I've gotten most from the library.

I actually have 16 books out from the library right now :p The books are never yucky.. When a new popular book comes out, they have 8 copies available that day.. you can put books on hold online and scan the system before you drive all the way there to check for a book. I love it.

Eh...not really. If I find something stuck between the pages, I just eat it. Q.Q

(NOT REALLY!)

i never find bad things between the pages. i certainly don't look for these things before borrowing the book. because, what if it's a really good book and i'm putting it back just because there's a tiny spot of god-knows-what on one of the pages?

i agree with the other points made, i go through books fast and it would be pretty bad if i had to buy them all. im a bit disadvantaged when it comes to borrowing from relatives, because the majority of my family's books are encyclopedias, goosebumps, animorphs, various stephen kings (which are ok but i have to get permission to read them, my sis is strict about her books) and romantic novels.

can't even imagine how much money i would have spent on books. it's almost like i devour them, because they disappear so quickly, and they leave me satisfied.

anyway, sorry, i've been babbling on. ;)

My local library isn't all that good. It's basically adult books, baby books and childrens books. The only teenage books are about cliques and perfect lives. One time I got a book called "Underground to canada" from the library and as I was getting closer to the end I was wondering wheather it was happy or sad then you know what? THE BACK TWO PAGES WERE RIPPED OUT!!! I still don't know wheather the girls got free or not!

I know buying books costs a lot but I sort of like well...the smell and besides as others have said library books are smeared with peanut butter and stuff. So I prefer buying books, I don't read as much now anyway

Winged Night, I'm like you. I still borrow books if there is soemthing on the pages; but it's nasty to find something like cheese wiz on a page with bread crumbs... Euw. D=

I put my books on hold sometimes. Not always. I had a book on hold for 4 years, then I'd go and read it, give it back and put it on hold... I kept on doing it untill they finally just gave it to me. xD *hugs my 'Misfortune' book*

Ahh, well, people have different opinions.

I seriously want to go to our library. It's always really peaceful (like libraries should be) and there is quite a selection of books.

I've read all my books on my bookshelf at least twice, so I really really really need to get some more books because I devour them soo quickly. My mom would buy books, but all the shops we go they don't have what I want. So, we're planning on going soon.

I once found a squished pea in a library book! This was at an old library, but it was still really gross!!! :D

Best Wishes,

barky

I have mixed opionions because the closest Barnes and Noble is half an hour. I love buying my books because they are mine and if I love them I can just pull it out and read.

I dunno, they just added on to my library and I haven't been there for awhile, I will have to check it out! ^.^

I don't mind borrowing library books.

When I was little I found someone's bookmark in my book.

It terrified me and I wouldn't touch it.

I was a strange child.

I don't mind borrowing library books.
When I was little I found someone's bookmark in my book.

It terrified me and I wouldn't touch it.

I was a strange child.
Same here. But I once bought a secondhand book and found three baseball cards in it. I was like... 'EEEWWWW!!!'

But I don't mind library books. Saved me thousands of dollars, they did. And do. And my library is pretty...sanitary.

Latest posts

Back