The other version of Tamagotchi

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

~*Danni~*

Reaction score
I feel that Bandai should not of made so many versons of tamagotchi befroe the 5. They are all the same apart from little changes, but the 5 is original. Does anyone else feel the same as me?

(Please make sure you dont argue or start aflamewar)

~*Danni~*

The v4 was totally different but from v1 to v3 there almost exactly the same. The v5 is a whole different concept but I don't like it very much. There should be WAY more games. Only four is :D

I feel that Bandai should not of made so many versons of tamagotchi befroe the 5. They are all the same apart from little changes, but the 5 is original. Does anyone else feel the same as me?

~*Danni~*
What do you mean by "versions of Tamagotchi before the V5"? I sure hope you're talking connection-wise (V1, V2, V3, V4, V4.5) because I don't see how you can say that V5 is the original when that's not true...the Tamagotchis that came out in the late '90s were THE originals and far more superior and simplistic, in my humble opinion. If anything, Bandai shouldn't have made so many versions PAST the V1/V2/V3/V4, etc., etc, since you said they were so similar and I do agree with you on that. Alas...people want new things though and money must be made on Bandai's part, so that's just the way it is. Sorry...I was just a little confused about your comment, I don't mean to start arguments or anything. :D I'm sure you're not the only one who feels this way.

Well they probably just released all of the other versions to get more money, because when you're running a business you want to make a lot of money! They might not have released the Famitama/v5 back then, maybe because they hadn't thought of it at the time.

This is a bit off topic, but I wonder what the Famitama's other version is going to be. What I mean is that the Keitama had the Keitama Akai Series, the Entama had the Uratama and the Tamagotchi School had the Tamagotchi School 2. I don't have any of those versions but it sounds like the Keitama Akai Series is just the Keitama under a different skin (what I mean is same amount of games but different games, same amount of characters but different characters etc.), the Uratama is just the Entama under a different skin and the Tamagotchi School 2 is just the original Tamagotchi School under a different skin.

I agree with dancinkayley. :D

There really was no need to create the V4.5 -- they could have just skipped that and created the V5! Obviously, Bandai wanted to make some money. I'm guessing that they will make up to a 15th version, if they are so money hungry. But, at least some of the tamagotchi versions are good, unlike some of them. :D

I think the V4.5 was just a pause to work well on a V5... yes, the v5 is the one totally different from the previous versions, and so different from the concept behind the V4... now they're "pets" (or alien pets) again, and your work is to take good care to raise a good family of tamas... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
everyone love the tama for the original tama

not for the family

i think changing it might hurt sales

it may not

i dont know

i think that when bandia released the v5 they should have come out with another one, the origional type

note: these are my opinions only

kenz

it depends if you are talking about connection or the ones before the connections

It's just like any other high demand piece of technology. Once you buy a cell phone, a newer version comes out. Same with televisions, laptops, etc. It basically does the same thing as the previous version, but it looks "cooler."

Not really. Look at all of the changes. From V1 to V2, it was a huge difference. And as the versions increased it got much better. I'm satisfied with my virtual pets n.n

I don't think any of the Connection/Connexion versions were that similar. Here's a list of all the versions, with all of the new things between that version and the previous version that I can think of (this is Connection/Connexion-wise obviously so please don't say something like, "Gotchi Points weren't new in the v2, they were out in the Keitama!).

The v1 was simple, raise your little pet and then connect it with other Tamagotchi to develop relationships and perhaps mate.

The v2 was like the v1 with a lot of stuff added on- shops (as far as I know this is the first version worldwide to have a proper shop, instead of a street vendor), items, Gotchi Points, treat option in the food menu (this is where ALL the foods you bought in the shop went), shop codes, food likes/dislikes (I think they're on this version anyway), the ability to choose game or present when you connect, the ability to wrap or delete items, different games and where I live, the v2's pause function was new and some of the words in the check meter and other places had changed.

I think the v3 was quite a bit like the v2. I don't know what makes me think that though because there is still quite a bit of difference. First of all, entering Tamatown with the unique username you set yourself at the start up, then entering passwords back in your v3. Also there were more games, more money you could win from the games if I remember correctly, souvenirs that were obtainable from Tamatown (but could not be used), the ability to donate Gotchi Points to the Gotchi King to get souvenirs, a special item and more money from connection games, the ability to choose exactly which mean and exactly which snack to feed your Tamagotchi, some new items that were not on the v2, the ability to choose game, present or visit while connecting, the option to view family history and the departed Tamagotchi and the ability to win Gotchi Points from connection games. Also there is the antenna which I find quite annoying.

The v4 in my opinion was quite a bit irritating. Anyway here are the new features in v4: your character can earn skill points which influence growth, you need to enter in a username AND password combination when entering Tamatown, when you went to Tamatown you could win up to 9 900G and up to 10 items at a time before getting a logout password, you could receive mail (fortune cookie, normal mail and important mail), an even more irritating antenna (worst of the lot in my opinion), the ability to enter preschool, school and work, the ability to view a little animation when you pressed C, the fact that you do not have to turn out the lights when your Tamagotchi sleeps (it turns them out itself), secret characters obtained by high skill points, the ability to earn up to 99 999p (instead of just 9 999p on v2 and v3), different games and different items.

The v4.5 was a tiny step up from the v4. In fact I don't think it was a step up at all. The only differences worthy of noting (in my opinion) between the v4 are: it has different characters (but there is the same amount of characters), it has different kinds of skill points (but there is the same amount of kinds of skill points), it has different jobs (but there are the same amount of jobs if I remember correctly) and there are different games (but there are the same amount of games). Oh yes, the antenna is slightly different too. Instead of a sphere at the end of the antenna there is a star instead.

The v5 was very different to the v4 and v4.5. For the first time in about four years, they've finally managed to get this version very similar to the Japanese version! (The last time they've managed to do that, that was in about 2004 with the v1.) You can raise more than one character at a time. On your second generation or higher parent characters appear throughout the day to do special animations, and parents also help their children with the housework (and raiding the refrigerator!) as well. You can also see the parent characters during medicine time, when eating or when playing the Golf Putt and Shoe Pairs games (they are only unlocked from second generation or higher). Instead of the standard discipline they have a different form of training which involves giving the family members items to play with. One thing about this version is that you aren't forced to name them which is a good thing for two reasons: a) you don't have to name them if you don't want to and :angry: if you want to name them you have no limitations as to how long the name can be. I could go on but I don't particularly want to.

They should have made the familitchi a separate version of tamagotchi. Just like there are other kinds of tamagotchis like anglegotchis, and other stuff. It should not be called, tamagotchi version 5 familitchi, it should just be called familitchi, and make other versions off of that. New features like: expand the family, and other new features every version. That would be so cool :]

They should have made the familitchi a separate version of tamagotchi. Just like there are other kinds of tamagotchis like anglegotchis, and other stuff. It should not be called, tamagotchi version 5 familitchi, it should just be called familitchi, and make other versions off of that. New features like: expand the family, and other new features every version. That would be so cool :]
I definitely agree with you. I made a similar post about this a few months ago. I feel that the familitchi is completely different from the other connection versions, so it should have been more of a "spin-off" tama rather than an upgrade from the previous ones.

This is a bit off topic, but I wonder what the Famitama's other version is going to be. What I mean is that the Keitama had the Keitama Akai Series, the Entama had the Uratama and the Tamagotchi School had the Tamagotchi School 2. I don't have any of those versions but it sounds like the Keitama Akai Series is just the Keitama under a different skin (what I mean is same amount of games but different games, same amount of characters but different characters etc.), the Uratama is just the Entama under a different skin and the Tamagotchi School 2 is just the original Tamagotchi School under a different skin.
The Keitama Akai has red pixels :huh:

I definitely agree with you. I made a similar post about this a few months ago. I feel that the familitchi is completely different from the other connection versions, so it should have been more of a "spin-off" tama rather than an upgrade from the previous ones.
You are so right! I don't really like the v5. it is boring, although the characters are awesome:]

If they hadn't created all those Connection Versions they wouldn't have made or fixed any of the mistakes (and glitches) that happened throughout. They would just have made one version 3 and never even experimented with v4-4.5, and 5.

Remember you can't learn from your mistakes if you never have any! :D

~*Danni~*
Are you saying , they should have just made the five as the first ? Like it tookk them five tries to get it this good ? if so , i agree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back