This Must Be A Fake

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are not EXACTLY fake. JD made them and used the name tamagochi so more people would buy them because tamagotchi is such a popular pet

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... Well, for one thing... DON'T BUY THEM!!!! Here are a few thoughts I had when I saw the picture.

1. The yellow one looks like a real V2. It is the same design and all with the arrows... If u have that background then you may have noticed it too. We can't be quite sure if this one is real or not.

2. The top one looks like a V4, but then you look at what is happening on the screen. see that character? It looks like a baby, except it is too big. That immediately diagnoses this one as a fake.

3. The green tama looks like a V3, but when you look again at the design, you realize that it is not one of the official V3 designs. This one is a fake, too.

4. Now look at the orange one. What is going on on the screen? We can't be sure, but we can tell that nothing that would look like that happens on the V2. This one is a fake.

5. Now let's look at the tamas we have yet to prove to be fakes. Notice anything different? There is no tamagotchi logo! Even more fakes!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, we have singled out every single "tama" as a fake. Another note: Look at the keychains (or the first thing you noticed). They don't show up on any of the real tamas!!! Thank you for reading.

Sorry if I spammed.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... Well, for one thing... DON'T BUY THEM!!!! Here are a few thoughts I had when I saw the picture.
1. The yellow one looks like a real V2. It is the same design and all with the arrows... If u have that background then you may have noticed it too. We can't be quite sure if this one is real or not.

2. The top one looks like a V4, but then you look at what is happening on the screen. see that character? It looks like a baby, except it is too big. That immediately diagnoses this one as a fake.

3. The green tama looks like a V3, but when you look again at the design, you realize that it is not one of the official V3 designs. This one is a fake, too.

4. Now look at the orange one. What is going on on the screen? We can't be sure, but we can tell that nothing that would look like that happens on the V2. This one is a fake.

5. Now let's look at the tamas we have yet to prove to be fakes. Notice anything different? There is no tamagotchi logo! Even more fakes!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, we have singled out every single "tama" as a fake. Another note: Look at the keychains (or the first thing you noticed). They don't show up on any of the real tamas!!! Thank you for reading.

Sorry if I spammed.
Yep I agree. They are all fakes or at the very most, non-bandai pets looking like the famous bandai virtual pet.

I'm surprised this company JD is allowed to be using shells and such which can look so similar to the untrained eye. This probably is not a legal move on their part since stuff like this is patented/copyrighted...meaning using the name "tamagotchi" is not allowed.

Tamagotchi is a brand name for Bandai as Furby is associated with Tiger Electronics (pretty sure they are, someone correct me if I'm wrong there, it's early in the morning lol). Using the name Tamagotchi to gain popularity is asking for a lawsuit which I'm pretty sure Bandai has the resources to win one of those :p

They all look pretty real. However, if you seen them all together then they probably are then. New tamagotchi don't normally have that chain thing on. If they all have different antennae then they are probably fake. Because some of the patterns aren't even on any of the lists by Bandai.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no way that any of those could be real, first none say tamagotchi connection and second they all have A B C under or above the buttons!!! real tamas dont have A B C on it!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Sorry if I spammed.
Why even make fake Tamagotchis, if you make fake Tamagotchis you might get put in jail, BanDai are the true Tamagotchi makers.

------------------------

619inurhouse

all fake. My dad bought v1's like that for my sisters ages ago. Some fake tamas have the same, or similar shells to real tamagotchi, to fool even more people. But the key chains are all wrong, i don't think bandai has ever made tamas with key chains like that. although I could be wrong, but I'm fairly sure I'm not.

and even if you want to buy a fake, really don't. These are from JD (says so on the cardboard thing in the middle, upper right hand corner) and they were the make my dad bough. The pixels are huge, the animations choppy and make you sick when you look at them, and for example the death scene is the same as in japanese P1 and 2, and the beginning of angelgotchis. the training function is all weird too, it doesn't actually do anything, but make your tama do a weird animation sequence. sometimes you don't even get a training point for it. And the infra red connection is really unreliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back