Tuck Everlasting

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zoria

Reaction score
Tuck Everlasting was a movie made into a book.

They completely screwed the concept of the story up.

Why isn't Winnie 10 and Jesse 18?

Let me guess. It's innapropiate because of "pedophilism". Winnie used to be 10 in the book and Jesse asked her to marry him when she was 18 and to drink the spring water.

They mucked up the script.

Absolutely sabotaged The Man In The Yellow Suit. (You KNEW he was bad at the beggining. You didn't know till the end in the book, and it makes the movie horrible.)

And killed Miles. Miles was nice in the book; dude; he wasn't some arrogant bumhole. And didn't Mae AND Miles come and find Winnie Foster and act kind? Not Miles hustling her away?

Last time I checked; Jesse and Winnie NEVER went swimming together.

Disney screwed up the story, took the sweetness out of it, and made it into another almost-plotless heap of junk. I LOVE the book Tuck Everlasting. Absolutely LOVE it. But the movie makes me want to strangle disney. *huff*

Anyone else feel this way?

I had to read it for my book report. When the book reports were finished, our class watched the movie. Both was PURE torture. My eyes bled.

The only good part was the Toad.

*SPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILER*

[SIZE=6pt]It deserved to live forever. Smart choice, Winnie.[/SIZE]

Gawd, not that big a deal of a spoiler. T_T

I had to read it for my book report. When the book reports were finished, our class watched the movie. Both was PURE torture. My eyes bled.
The only good part was the Toad.

*SPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILER*

[SIZE=6pt]It deserved to live forever. Smart choice, Winnie.[/SIZE]

Gawd, not that big a deal of a spoiler. T_T
I could kill Winnie for pouring water on that stupid toad. D<

I liked the book, the movie made my eyes bleed. xD

Hm, never heard of it. But yeah, I gotta say the two things Disney sort of messes up at is:

1) sequels

2) books that are turned into movies.

Chatterbox

PS: Don't turn this into just another topic about hating Disney. Too many of those already. Just pweez stay on topic for Pete's sake or i m-m-m-ight d-d-develop a st-st-stutter!

Oh gosh yes it was horrible they cut out all the good parts because it might of been to racy first time i saw the movie after reading the book i thought i got the wrong movie thts how tottlay different it was

Yes, Disney has a knack at screwing up wonderful books by making movies out of them and butchering the scripts. ^_^

Movies and books don't have to or need to follow each other. It's not just Disney that screws up book adaptions, other Hollywood bigwig companies do also.

Don't like the movie, then don't watch it. People have opinions. Like what they like.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm kind of agreeing/disagreeing with Starman on this one. Although it's true that movies don't always have to follow the exact plot of a book, they're allowed to take some liberties. But althoguh I've never seen/read the movie/book, I can see that they cocked it up rather badly. And she is still allowed to whine a bit, right? It's not like she watched it 30 times, typing hatemail to Disney with each consecutive run. She liked the book, watched the movie, and didn't like it.

Yeah, I must agree. The book always seems to be better, they never seem to pick the right people to play the parts of the characters though. The book was one of my favorites though.

Latest posts

Back