- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

• lilangelbaby1989 user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 March 2008 - 07:41 PM ( #18 )

i love tamas!!!!!!

Please stay on topic, this is for mature conversations. People are serious whether or not tamagotchis are dorky. I personally do not think that they are dorky, or nerdy. They are a matter of fun.

Gotchi Boy94

• gotchi-boy94 user photo

Posted 07 March 2008 - 07:44 PM ( #19 )

TAMAGOTCHIS ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• mothra user photo
  • Group: Senior TamaTalk Guides

Posted 08 March 2008 - 09:49 AM ( #20 )

Ooh, well I can't say my age but everyone knows I am *technincally* an adult. That's all I'll say.

I take my V5 to work and it's all adults there. Nobody seems to think it's especially strange that I carry around a Tamagotchi.
I even share it with my work partner. She's in her 60's I'd say and she thinks it's neat. Actually, most people think it's pretty neat.

Now just being the kind of person I am, had I been in school (Jr. High or Highschool) I know for a fact I would have brought them to school and snuck some playing in between classes. My real friends would not have cared at all that I had one. They might have thought it was a little silly but they know that's just me. :lol: I need to play. I am a playfun person and they know that.

So.. if your friends think just having this little toy makes you less of a person, I don't know what to say. Are people really that shallow? They are really missing out. Maybe a couple of your friends are also closet Tamagotchi players? :unsure:

Miss Matchmaker

• miss-matchmaker user photo

Posted 08 March 2008 - 03:28 PM ( #21 )

I'm not trying to go against tamas, but I do agree. I don't think they're dorky, exactly, but they can be kind of embarassing.
They're mostly something little kids play with, and I still play with mine for fun, but I think I would like it better if they did make some changes that would appeal to all ages. Like changing how the stuff looks on tamatown especially.

• none-ure-buisness user photo

Posted 08 March 2008 - 06:54 PM ( #22 )

i dnt think there dorky, just kinda stupid...or boring. and alot embarrasing

• lausaraleen user photo

Posted 08 March 2008 - 07:53 PM ( #23 )

Where I live, people are amazed when they see my tama! One time at drama class, I was putting my tama on pause and putting it in my pocket, a girl said to another girl: "Look! She has a tamagotchi!" And one time at church, one of my friends saw my tama and said it was cute! So don't worry! The only reason I would hide my tama from someone is because I don't wanna be a show off and make them feel bad for not having one. I am known for having alot of electronics. heehee...

• evelia user photo

Posted 09 March 2008 - 04:50 PM ( #24 )

Well, in some ways they are, but I don't really care. All that matters is my opinon. xD
You shouldn't let others opinion's of you get in the way of how you think about yourself, or tamagotchis! Haha. :P

• ams102 user photo

Posted 28 March 2008 - 03:59 PM ( #25 )

Okay, dont get me wrong- I love tamagotchis. I like how I can raise a pet without having to do any dirty work or anything, but as the trends are changing, people are starting to think tamas are getting dorky.
Okay, so I know you're not supposed to pay attention to what other people think of you, but i need to be realistic- I live in the OC, where EVERYTHING revolves around what people think of you. It's quite annoying to think that I have to hide in order to not be seen in the kiddie aisle at target trying to find a new tama.
I really think that tamas would become cool if they featured them as a cute accesorie in like seventeen magazine or something (boys modeling them too, to show that they aren't gender sensitive)
because then people will think of them as something high fashion- not something that 8 year old girls play with.
Plus, tama town is a little corny...
Everything has eyes and a beak... buildings, mailboxes, trees, the sky, the planet itself- :rolleyes:

ugh im just venting.
Do you agree?

I see your maturing out of them.
Maybe you don't like tamas as much as other people do.
I don't have to hide in the aisle ...

• tamagirle101 user photo

Posted 28 March 2008 - 04:27 PM ( #26 )

I totally hear you! :angry:

Gotchi Boy94

Posted 28 March 2008 - 04:52 PM ( #27 )

Yea umm, tamagotchis are really cool, and they are for any age and I am in the 8th grade and am a boy. and I used to think that people will make fun of me, but they really don't. I mean if people say "wow, you still play with those things?" Than just ignore it. It doesn't matter what people say.
Plus, you can even use it for a key chain or a watch.

• cjpirate user photo

Posted 29 March 2008 - 12:15 PM ( #28 )

Not really. Tama's are neat little critters. I think everyone should have a tama.

Well, thats my opinion not yours :(

• sofi12star user photo

Posted 29 March 2008 - 03:17 PM ( #29 )

i dont think tamas are dorky. but i only play with my tamas at home. round were i live the only people that got tamas are 6 to 10 year olds and i am 13 nearly 14 in a couple of months

• darkmimitchi user photo

Posted 29 March 2008 - 03:39 PM ( #30 )

They Arnt Corny ;)
i like em very much
and why hide i think being urself is good
having friends that think ur stupid for having things you like
arnt real friend...

• rushmore63 user photo

Posted 30 March 2008 - 10:30 AM ( #31 )

being called a geek for playing with a tamagotchi is normal. Once they figure out how cool you are, they'll all be playing with tamagotchis!!!!!

• medicham12 user photo

Posted 30 March 2008 - 11:44 AM ( #32 )

Tamas are cool, but once you get out of Elementary School, prepare to be called a geek.

Gotchi Boy94

Posted 30 March 2008 - 01:16 PM ( #33 )

Let them call you a geek all you want, but they probably want a tamagotchi, and they are just jealous. I really love tamagotchi!