How To Deal

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sak

Reaction score
Just last week, my eldest cat Stephanie (of 17 years, mind you) passed away due to breast cancer that had spread to the lungs. Granted she was VERY old for a persian, but Steph was within my life for 16 years.

Apart of our family. A true "purrson." Something so pure and kind. A dear, dear little soul. :ph34r:

So, how do/did you cope? Or am I silly for feeling such sympathy for an animal?

Last edited by a moderator:
im 18 and i still cry my eyes out everytime i lose a hamster, let alone one of my cats

you're not being silly atall

Last edited by a moderator:
Its not silly to cry over a beloved pet. They become like your family and losing them hurts more then anything.

The Rainbow Bridge poem helped me cope with the lose of my last hamster Frodo. Heres a link https://rainbowsbridge.com/Poem.htm I'm sorry for your loss.

i cried a ton over my cat who was 19 when he died, just a few months older than me, so I grew up having the cat around, ya know? And one of my hamsters was sick, so I went to the vet and paid 50 bucks for medicine for it, I could have gotten a few hamsters for that amount of money. It died anyway and I cried for two whole days... over a hamster!

Just last week, my eldest cat Stephanie (of 17 years, mind you) passed away due to breast cancer that had spread to the lungs. Granted she was VERY old for a persian, but Steph was within my life for 16 years.
Apart of our family. A true "purrson." Something so pure and kind. A dear, dear little soul. :ph34r:

So, how do/did you cope? Or am I silly for feeling such sympathy for an animal?
Oh hon I'm SO sorry about your darling little angel. Dealing with the death of a pet is never easy. You are not silly at all...these wonderful little souls are part of our FAMILY. We love them as such, maybe even more so because the love we receive from them in unconditional.

It's healthy to mourn the loss of Stephanie, but I strongly believe she's in a wonderful place right now and you have a loving 'guardian kitty' looking out over you.

*hugs*

Oh hon I'm SO sorry about your darling little angel. Dealing with the death of a pet is never easy. You are not silly at all...these wonderful little souls are part of our FAMILY. We love them as such, maybe even more so because the love we receive from them in unconditional.
It's healthy to mourn the loss of Stephanie, but I strongly believe she's in a wonderful place right now and you have a loving 'guardian kitty' looking out over you.

*hugs*
Danke...

*nuzzles*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back