Growing Up

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gotchi Boy94

Reaction score
Okay, I don't know what to do... I am a boy, in 8th grade, and I am going into high school next school year and I am scared that I am going to get made fun of because I am a boy playing with a Tamagotchi. Anyone know what I should do?

Im 21, married, and have a child, and I still play with tamagotchis and I am not afraid to admit it to anyone! So what if someone thinks its stupid, its probably because they are a little envious because they think it is kinda cool and they want one but are afraid of being teased themselves so they just do it to others. If you are REALLY that worried about it, then just pause your tama when you are at school or have your parents take care of it (my sister has my mom watch hers while she is at school...my mom takes it to work with her lol). But honestly, I doubt anyone will make fun of you, its not like you will be playing with it during class so no one will really notice, and between classes you wont have much time at all to talk to friends so you dont have to worry about people seeing you feeding/playing with it. Its pretty easy really, and if your friends seriously tease you about it, then they arent very good friends are they? I think you will be fine though, they are alot more popular than most people think and others are just worried they will be teased too so they dont tell anyone they have one.

Yea, im just scared, because all the boys are going to make fun of me. When I am at school now, I keep it in my pencil case, where no one can see it!

Thank you for helping me, you really made me feel better :)

Tamagotchis are like pets. Infact they ARE pets! Just virtualy. And you don't have to touch they're poop when you clean it up. Anyway, at summer camp once, one of the counclers had a tama! And no one made fun of her! I have a tama, and I have never ever been made fun of in my life! I am about your age, infact, people that saw me with my tama thought it was soooo cool! Prepare for popularity my friend! :D :ichigotchi: :kuribotchi: :furawatchi: :kusatchi:

Gotchi Boy94,

Many older people than you still play with Tamagotchis. For instance, Charleene is 21 and married and still plays with them, and I am 19 years old and in the university currently and I still play with my tamagotchis (not during classes, obviously XD).

I wouldn't care if anyone made fun of you. It's who you are is who you are. No one can change that opinion about yourself. If someone makes fun of you for being in 8th grade, don't give up tamagotchis just because that boy/girl made fun of you. :ichigotchi: If they do, then just tell them that there are people that are married, and way older than you are that still play with Tamagotchis.

Good luck. :D

No one will laugh at you if you're brave and stand up for yourself. Being strong is a key to be accepted. Don't be afraid to admit that you have a Tamagotchi.

Last edited by a moderator:
awwwwww, you guys are going to make me cry! Thank you so much for helping me, I mean really thank you:] You guys are my friend................ a good friend.

I'm glad the TamaTalk community can help you. :huh:

Basically, as others have said, just stand up for yourself and be yourself. If you like Tamagotchis, then thats it. Noone should have issues with it. Some people like, for example, certain sports, but they don't get made fun of - still its one of their interests. And Tamagotchis are one of your interests so its not much different. :eek:

Good luck and hopefully noone makes fun of you. :eek:

i am 12, in the 6th grade, a nerd, and am so used to getting made fun of that it is a little buzzing in my ear.

no big deal

wipe away the peeps that make fun of you if they do

i bet they are so freakin jealous because if they got a dog or cat, they dont play games with them, dance around cutely or anything else tamas do.

dont be shy about your tama

at your new school you could probably make some new friends cause of it

the only concern you should have is it getting taken up

that is a major concern at my school

we have to pay 15$ to get any electronics back

be careful about that

kenz

Hi there!

I am 18 years old and have just started university. I have had tamas ever since I was 16 and still find it hard to give them up. My sister thinks they are kiddish, but she still loves me because that's who I am - tamas are one of my hobbies.

However, I don't take my tamas to school/university, because like some others, are afraid of being teased. To be frank, there are so much judgement out there nowadays that people are often judged on what they wear and what they do. I live in Australia, and so far I have only seen kids with tamas, so it is quite difficult for me to take my tamas out in public.

I wish I'm more brave though, you see I am quite a shy person.

So don't be afraid. Who cares what other people think? It is about you, NOT about them. I bet many other people have habits or secrets that they don't like to show to others.

Hey, look at it this way; you could have way worse 'hobbies'! I'm in my twenties, and I still play w/ tams. In fact, I actively collect them. Who cares?? I'd just be discreet when you're caring for the tams. Good luck!

I'm 22 and I bring mine to work all the time. I get called childish by my coworkers all the time but I've learned to ignore them. If they get on you about it ignore them, they aren't worth your time. Or like someone else said just use them when no ones looking.

Thank you all for responding to me. Today I played with my tamagotchi with pride. You guys really helped me and now I feel better. thank you so much.

~QuinnK

Oh really? they are banned at your school? They are not banned at my school. I just keep my tama with me and like cheack it eery 5 seconds:] I ust love tamagotchi so much! <TamagotchiObsessed>

I don't even think you ill get teased. I'm 10 and way over 10 of the 5th graders have tamas. My friend who doesn't have one is jealous and always asks to babysit. Yo might hardly even get to see you tama!

I bring my v3 to school everyday. I'm alwaysreaching into my desk to check on him!

What I have...

v3

Fenix

boy

gen. 1

tarakotchi

got married to a mimitchi and had...

Eagle(has not been officially named)

boy

gen. 2

teletchi (baby)

(these two are on the v3 together. Cute!)

v4

in storage

v4.5

in storage

soon to come a v5!

My suggestion is forget about everyone else. I'm 17 and I still love tamagotchis, and take mine everywhere. It's not exactly the "cool" thing to do, but the people who really care about me think it's a cute quirk.

Hey dude, I'm fourteen and in highschool and a guy and I play with Tamagotchi's. Just, if you can, don't bring it to school. And besides, by the time you really get into school, you won't have time to take care of it during the daytime. If you really want to take care of it, check it between classes and at lunch.

Even if you are afraid of being mocked you can just do what I do- Find out some embarrassing quirk about them and mock them about it if they keep annoying you.

Having a tamagotchi is nothing to be ashamed about or something to worry about being seen with. It is just like having a hobby or a pet dog.

The next time someone mocks you for having a tama just mock them for having a pet fish, dog, cat, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back