Tamagotchi V5 Released in Asia

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiro

Reaction score
I went to Hong Kong for the Arts festival recently (2 weeks ago)

and I stopped by Toys'R'Us in front of Park Lane Hotel for a while, hoping that I would find an Asian v4.5 (it was never released in Asia, Indonesia and Hong Kong at least...)

When I reached the Tamagotchi section, I was surprised to find loads of V5!

and the designs are as following:

-The Yellow/Orange bagubagutchi "Pet" V5 [i picked up this one]

-The White with Building designs

-Blue/Purple with the "Smart" family pictures with rainbows on top (Asian Original Design) [i picked up this one too]

-Magenta with hearts (Asian Original Design)

-And I forgot this last one, but I think the color was Blue...

This is as far as I remember,

and when I came back to Indonesia, the V5 was stacked at Kidz Station already!

and I've been reading from the Tamagotchi Philippines Blogagotchi that tamagotchi V5 was not yet released there, but they did get their V4.5, this may be one of the factors why V5 was released first in Hong Kong, Indonesia, and I think Singapore.

Well, Asia finally got our V5 :D

Edit

The designs are:

-The Yellow/Orange bagubagutchi "Pet" V5

-Blue/Purple with the "Smart" family pictures with rainbows on top (Asian Original Design)

-Magenta with Musical notes and stars

-White with sparks, and pictures of Memetchi and Kuchipatchi

[Thanks Binary] Pictures of the design: https://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g310/bin...wanbrochure.jpg

These Asian Tamagotchi V5 is in ENGLISH

Last edited by a moderator:
the designs are as following:-The Yellow/Orange bagubagutchi "Pet" V5

-Blue/Purple with the "Smart" family pictures with rainbows on top (Asian Original Design)

-Magenta with hearts (Asian Original Design)

-And I forgot this last one, but I think the color was Blue...
Here's a scan of a Tamagotchi V5 brochure I picked up at Toys-R-Us in Taipei last month, showing the designs: https://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g310/bin...wanbrochure.jpg

That's great! I was hoping that they'd be released in Mainland China. After all, Hong Kong is very close to Mainland China! :D

That's great! I was hoping that they'd be released in Mainland China. After all, Hong Kong is very close to Mainland China! :furawatchi:
There is a chance that it will not be there, because Hong Kong is an independent country, and they don't want to be considered "Chinese".

Because the last time I went to China, they don't have any Tamagotchi's there, but you should look around because maybe you could get lucky and find a tamagotchi that's not "JD".

I'll try to look if they have a Toys'R'Us over there.

I just call up several toy stores in singapore (toy r us and etc) but they still have not got V5 yet!

Can anyone advise me on that pls??!

There is a chance that it will not be there, because Hong Kong is an independent country, and they don't want to be considered "Chinese".Because the last time I went to China, they don't have any Tamagotchi's there, but you should look around because maybe you could get lucky and find a tamagotchi that's not "JD".

I'll try to look if they have a Toys'R'Us over there.
You're right. I don't want to spend my money on a fake I don't like. I've heard that China has Tamagotchis in large department stores. The topic I asked was: https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/index.php?showtopic=137548

I want the Asian tamagotchi becuase the designs are better and the have the key I want it but I can't read japanese
The flyer was in Chinese. I read it and the design desriptions according to me was:

Warm House

I love MY Family

Pink Flying Music Notes

Yellow Pets

Tama Pals

Mame Family

I agree. I have two V5s now, one is the white with buildings and the other is purple with blues, greens, whites lava-lamp looking on it. They both came from Wal*Mart. I wish they had the cool key charm, but they just have keyrings. Either way, still neat toys.

There is a chance that it will not be there, because Hong Kong is an independent country, and they don't want to be considered "Chinese".
Oh, sorry for posting again, Hong Kong isn't it own after 1997 because in 1907, it was handed over to the UK as a "gift." I hope that'll increase my chances of getting a V5 there! :rolleyes:

Hahah ya, because I just heard from my friend that they have V5 in Taiwan already... although Im still not sure in China :lol: good luck tho

Ya, they sell the V5 here in HK, $145 each and it's in English :lol: Also the cute key comes along with it.

I bought the V5 smart family design, so cute & been addicted to it. hmmmm...

Wow, at least there are signs now that the Tama V5s have reached Asia (except for Japan of course). Yes, like Jiro said, we still don't have the V5 here in the Philippines unfortunately. Maybe Bandai is rotating their release dates per country.

I agree. I have two V5s now, one is the white with buildings and the other is purple with blues, greens, whites lava-lamp looking on it. They both came from Wal*Mart. I wish they had the cool key charm, but they just have keyrings. Either way, still neat toys.
Ya the key part is so cute you should see the v5.5 on ebay it has a crown on the key and it is gold how cute!!!!! I would rather have the key than the key chain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back