Tamagotchi interfering with life?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SkyCrystal

Reaction score
I find myself not being able to take care of my tamagotchi's like I used to because my busy life style just got busier. Like yesterday, I had the first ever tamagotchi die under my care... I was almost in tears. I really want to spend more time with my tamagotchi's, but I don't want them to interfere with my duties... I can't even get everything done I need to as it is without taking decent care of my tamagotchi's! I feed them when they're hungry and heal them when they get sick... that' pretty much all I have time for now a days. It's also probably a result of having way to many tamgotchi's. My friend suggested that I should let all my tamagotchi's die except one, then I'll just take care of that one. But just can't bring myself to doing that! I've always felt as if my tamagotchi's are really my pets, and they're really alive. I can't cancel anything I'm doing throughout the day either... I mean, I can't wreck my entire life for some tamagotchi's. I don't know what to do anymore, I'm really stuck on this problem. Any advice?

~SkyCrystal~

2 words. Pause Button.

Seriously, if your life is that busy pausing them would work. Somewhat. They probably wouldn't get hungry often enough to really have you taking care of them but if you only have an hour a day (you didn't mention how long you ave to play with them) you could unpause them (you didn't say really how many you have total) right before you have time to play with them, allowing them to get hungry.

2 words. Pause Button.
Seriously, if your life is that busy pausing them would work. Somewhat. They probably wouldn't get hungry often enough to really have you taking care of them but if you only have an hour a day (you didn't mention how long you ave to play with them) you could unpause them (you didn't say really how many you have total) right before you have time to play with them, allowing them to get hungry.
All tamagotchi's under my care are listed in my signature... I'm currently taking care of 8. I thought of pausing them, but I just can't stand doing that to them! Like I said in my first post, I've always felt as if they were really real pets. And plus they don't grow until you unpause them. It really isn't that I can't take care of them... I feed them, cure them, and clean up after them when they need me, but that's pretty much all the time I have to do for them. I'm having problems controlling my tamagotchi's weight as well, because I don't play games with them that often (Well, not really at all). Pausing isn't really the solution I was looking for, but it's the thought that counts right? Thanks anyways.

~SkyCrystal~

EDIT: The reason I can take care of them is I take them everywhere I go... like in the car on the way to somewhere I'll feed them and such. Sometimes I will pause them if I can't take them with me (Or I have to leave them in the car), and I know that it will be awhile before I can care for them again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps you may want to consider going to a recreational program where you don't feel guilty about ignorring your Tamagotchis.

I thought of pausing them, but I just can't stand doing that to them!
How about tabbing-up one of them and think of it as it's resting for a season and for the next season do the same with a few of your other ones and repeat this cycle? :angry:

All tamas die eventually. When one of your tamas die, don't reset it. Just keep it in a safe place and don't play with that one. Keep not reseting the Tamas until you only have one or two alive. Then you don't have to pause them or purposly kill them :furawatchi:

Just make them go to sleep when you can't play with them. I do that when I go to school, then reset the time when I get home. Your not killing them or stunting their growth, and they're not going through any 'pain' and their not sad or angr with you. Just do that.

You're raising 3 v4.5s and 1 v4 at the same time?! I can't imagine me doing that. I found it hard to raise one v4 (I was running a v1 along with it though), because the games frustrated me.

Anyway, back on topic. To remove the battery, tab it up or pause for an extended period of time can be very hard to do. Right now I'm considering removing the battery of my v1 (which is now flashing the low battery symbol). Now this v1 is very special to me, since it is on 104th Generation (but the generation counter only goes up to 99th) and also I've been running it for almost three years (I have paused it though). I'm making this decision because the A button is becoming very hard to press and also I find it a bit stressful constantly checking every night to make sure the time is set correctly so it won't wake up in the middle of the night and possibly depart.

You could pause most of them during the day, bringing one or two with you to work or school or whatever, then when you get home and have a lot more time you could unpause them again. You can change which ones you bring along with you every day.

oxiemoron:

The thing is, my tamagotchis RARELY die. That's why I was so sad when the first tamagotchi under my care died 2 days ago (The first one to die EVER under my care). It would take severaly years for that fix to work.

Thain_Famigotchi:

I don't got to school, I'm homeschooled... so school isn't an issue for me. Putting them to sleep is, in my opinion, is really cheap... I sort of feel like I'm breaking the rules or something (I know I'm not though). I only change the time if I need more tries on the dating show, I need the matchmaker to come, or they went to sleep and needed something so I wake them up to take care of them so they don't die in the morning if I sleep in to late. I also use my tamagotchis as an exact clock (I'm talking right down to the second kind of exact)... I watch the clock, and then right as it turns a minute later, I press the button to start the clock. I don't have a clock or watch apart from my tamagotchi, so I need the clock to be correct.

Tamadude787:

That may be a good fix... I may try that... may. But I wonder what would happen if one of them accidentaly got unpaused 0.0 (I've sat on my tamagotchi's before and paused them :rolleyes: ).

And to everybody, please don't suggest pausing anymore... enough people have, and it's not really the solution I'm looking for.

~SkyCrystal~

EDIT: I wonder, would a tamagotchi babysitter work? Maybe one of my friends... but there's only one problem with that: all my friends that have tamagotchi's have several tamas die in one day... I'm not sure they would be safe with any one of them! :lol:

Hey, an extremely unlikely idea just came to my mind! You could (any engineers out there correct me because I am not really good at this stuff at all) make a machine that could hook up to a wall socket or use batteries that hits the button combinations to feed (and feed them candy, it wouldn't be possible to play with them using that without some AI and a camera) them. But you would also have to figure out the EXACT times your tamas food goes down one.

Of course that is a long shot, and you would have to be a complete nerd to make one. I am just letting the idea be out there. :lol:

EDIT: The tama babysitters would probably work as long as they know what they are doing and you completely trust in that they wouldn't steal your tamas.

Hey, an extremely unlikely idea just came to my mind! You could (any engineers out there correct me because I am not really good at this stuff at all) make a machine that could hook up to a wall socket or use batteries that hits the button combinations to feed (and feed them candy, it wouldn't be possible to play with them using that without some AI and a camera) them. But you would also have to figure out the EXACT times your tamas food goes down one.
Of course that is a long shot, and you would have to be a complete nerd to make one. I am just letting the idea be out there. -_-

EDIT: The tama babysitters would probably work as long as they know what they are doing and you completely trust in that they wouldn't steal your tamas.
Lol! That would be perfect! Only if I could actually do it.

I KNOW for SURE that none of my friends would steal any one of my tamagotchis. But the only problem with that idea is that my friends take abusive care of there tamagotchis... meaning at least 1 tamagotchi dies daily (No offense to my friends if they read this post)... well, maybe a slight exaggeration, but you get the point.

~SkyCrystal~

I have another idea that might work. When you're busy, you could just feed your Tamagotchi meals when it's hungry and snacks when it's unhappy. When you've got a lot more time on your hands, you can play the games and send them to school.

the babysitter thing is a good idea, maybe your mom or someone u trust can do it.

And to everybody, please don't suggest pausing anymore... enough people have, and it's not really the solution I'm looking for.
I know you said not to suggest pausing anymore, but I have an idea. I know you don't like pausing them because it stubbs their growth. Well, that only happens if you pause it overnight. You can pause them during the day when you can't take care of them and unpause them when you have time to take care of them.

Other than that, well, this is pretty pathetic, but you can get someone you trust and teach them how to take care of a Tamagotchi, that way you won't have to face pausing it, because I know you don't like doing that.

I want to help you, so I am going to give the best advice I can.

I have friends that could take terrible care of Tamas! (No offense, buddies!)

But sometimes, when me and my friend want to mate our Tamas, both come with me. But sometimes, the Tamas go to her house, and she calls me with a report. I usually get worried, but all that happens is that it gets fat or turns into a fat character.

And actually, her bad care was a good thing on my V1. It broke my Mame and Mimi patterns with a Tarakotchi.

What I am trying to say, is that bad caring friends can be trusted. Well, it depends, but, yeah.

Also, have a family member that knows how to take care of them, take care of them. If you don't have that,

Also, try the sleep trick where you make your Tama go to sleep by switching the time to your Tama's bedtime. Then change the time back to 10 PM whenever you can. It will continue to grow!

Well, I hope some of this helped and good luck!

By the way, I CRIED when I had my first and only Tama death. Probably because of that scary animation.

PAUSE IT.

Busy? Turn sound off, shove 'em in a drawr, come back, unpause, feed, play, pause again, shove in drawr.. You shouldn't have so many tama's, and so little time >.>

edit: Sorry if my message sounded a little rude. My bad :kuribotchi:

ADD ME IF UR A V5 LOVER!!!!! (pm me too!!)

Hmm, this is pretty tough. Currently, I'm playing with my V3 who is on the 25th generation and I know what you feel like when you don't want to pause. I suggest finding someone in your family who knows how to play with them take care of it when you know you're too busy too.

Seriously, you don't have to take care of your tamagotchis every minute of your life. You can always pause them if they're interfering with your life. Then when your not busy you can happily unpause and play with them. Simple as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back