How to catch Rotom on D/P

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

*santagotchi*

TamaTalk Supporter
TamaTalk Angelgotchi
Reaction score
Note: Please read this first. Before you try this, make sure you have beaten the Elite Four and obtained the National dex. If you haven't done one or both of these things, what I am going to tell you will not work! Even if you have the national dex, make sure you have also beaten the Elite Four or this will not work. This won't also work if yuo have been the Elite Four but you have no National dex.

I am going to tell you how to catch a rare pokemon called Rotom. First, make sure it is between 10:00 pm and 4:00 am (I did this around 10-11pm). It will only work between those two times. For catching Rotom, I reccomend you bring at least 10 dusk balls, if you don't have 10 dusk balls then 10 Ultra balls. Rotom will be at Lvl. 15, so bring a pokemon of around that level (I used my Lvl 18 Seviper). You may think you can bring a pokemon with false swipe to prevent it from fainting, however, false swipe will not work because Rotom is part ghost type and false swipe is a normal type move.

Go to Eterna city, and from there go into the Eterna forest. If you go 8 steps west, you will see a fence with two trees blocking it. Go 3 steps north to the trees and get a pokemon that knows the HM move cut (I used my Bellosom) to cut down the trees. Keep going north until you enter the Old Chateau.

From here, I suggest you use a max repel, if not a super repel or 2 repels because you may be attacked by wild gastly in here otherwise. Go five steps north and climb the left staircase. DO NOT go into the room left of you. Instead, keep going north and then go east until you reach a central door. Go in to this door and you shold be entering a room with several doors. DO NOT go into the door directly in front of you. Instead, go to the door 8 steps west and go in. You should be in a room with a TV.

Go in front of the TV, put your pokemon of simlar level (In my case my Lvl 18 Seviper) at the front of your party and save the game. Why save? There is only one Rotom, and if you accidently end up fainting it, you've lost your chance and can't get another one. If you've saved before the battle and you end up fainting Rotom, you can reset and try agian. Rotom should still be there. If you reset without saving, you will have to repeat this entire process over again.

Press A at the TV. It should say something like there's a pokemon in the TV. If it does not say that and you have beaten the Elite Four and you have the national dex, you can come back later and it may be there. If it does say that there is a pokemeon in the TV, press A to proceed into the battle.

Your simlar level pokemon should come out. Like I said earlier, Rotom will be at level 15. Rotom will be much harder to catch than most pokemon of a simlar or equal level, so you can't just throw an ultra ball or dusk ball at it. I suggest you weaken down to 34% of it's maximum HP or 50% of it's maximum HP with a status problem such as Paralyze, Sleep or Frozen before catching it in a dusk ball or ultra ball, though you may not get it on the first ball thrown.

The moves Rotom will know are Thundershock, Confuse ray, Uproar and Double team. Rotom is Electric-Ghost, and you may think it is weak to Ground type moves however, it has Leviate and is thus immune to ground type moves. The simalar pokemon should know dark or ghost type moves. Remeber, if you accidently faint Rotom, reset and try again. If you saved just before the battle, you will be back at the TV and all you need to do is press A again and do the battle. Once you have thrown your Dusk or Ultra ball and it catches, congratulations! You have just caught a rare pokemon! Rotom can breed, however, since it has no gender it can only breed with ditto. I hope this guide was helpful :furawatchi: .

~Camelle

Ok. Thanks. :p

It's wierd because I caught Rotom before this was up. I did it completely right.

um Rotom appears every night until you catch it and i mated mine with a Ditto and you could also use nest balls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back