what does "kuro" and "ura" mean?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mametchi in da house

Reaction score
what does "kuro" and "ura" mean as in kuromametchi and ura mametchi and if you know what other tama names mean can you tell me them please.

"Kuro" means "black."

I have heard that "Ura" means "the other side/the inside/the dark side" and in this case it means "the inside" because Uratown is inside the Tamagotchi planet.

Here are a few other Tamagotchi name meanings (some may not be correct because my Japanese is really bad):

Marutchi- "Maru" means "round."

Shirobebitchi- "Shiro" means "white" and "bebi" is the Japanese version of the word "baby."

Ichigotchi- "Ichigo" means "strawberry."

Yangu Mimitchi- "Yangu" is the Japanese version of the word "young" and "mimi" means "ears."

Hinotamatchi- "Hinotama" means "fireball."

Kuchipatchi- "Kuchi" means "mouth."

Hanatchi- "Hana" means "nose."

Masukutchi- "Masuku" is the Japanese version of the word "mask."

Chibipatchi- "Chibi" means "mini."

Bebitchi- "Bebi" is the Japanese version of the word "baby."

Tamatchi- "Tama" means "ball."

Kuchitamatchi- "Kuchi" means "mouth" and "tama" means "ball."

Gaijintchi- "Gaijin" means "foreigner."

Mimitchi- "Mimi" means "ears."

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Kayley, I was looking for this. This is pretty cool, how Bandai makes characters have a meaning in Japanese.

All tamagotchi named things are all japanese, except ones like Sunnytchi(Sun, it's even in the name!!)\.

Kuro=Black, as in kuromametchi, kuromame-Black soybeans. Mametchi's would be soybean.

Ura=Dark, Uramametchi would equal dark soybeans.

Thank you Kayley, I was looking for this. This is pretty cool, how Bandai makes characters have a meaning in Japanese.
All Tamagotchi characters have Japanese names because they were created in Japan.

A lot of characters that don't seem to have Japanese names, like Violetchi (Japanese name is Furawatchi), Sunnytchi (Japanese name is Sanitchi/Saniitchi), Planetchi (Japanese name is Puranetchi) and so on actually do have a Japanese name.

Violetchi's Japanese name if Furawatchi. I have no idea why they changed Furawatchi to Violetchi. I think "Furawa" is just the Japanese version of the word "flower." Some other English names they've had are Korotchi and Leaftchi and I have no idea where they came from. Mamavioletchi's Japanese name is Mamafurawatchi.

Omututchi's Japanese name is Pantsutchi. Again I really don't know why they changed Pantsutchi ("Pantstchi") to Omututchi. Maybe because we might get offended by the fact that Pantsutchi/Omututchi is based off underpants?

Bakutchi's Japanese name is Bomutchi. I don't know why they changed Bomutchi ("Bombtchi") to Bakutchi. Maybe it's because we might get upset that he's a bomb. Well, changing the name isn't really going to change the fact that he is a bomb as by this time you may have gotten the bonding at the level where you are able to see your characters close up. I remember reading somewhere that "baku" means explosion though I am not quite sure.

Pyontitchi's Japanese name is Pyonchitchi. Once on a growth chart I actually saw Pyonchitchi's name written as "Rabitchi." I have no idea where the name "Rabitchi" comes from.

Here are some more names I can think of. Sorry if I've already posted them before.

Kingyotchi: "Kingyo" means "goldfish."

Kujiratchi: "Kujira" means "whale."

Nemutchi: I've heard that "nemu" means "to sleep."

Nekutaitchi: I think that "nekutai" might come from the word "necktie."

Hoshitchi: "Hoshi" means "star."

Futagotenshi: I think "futago" means "twins" and "tenshi" means "angel" (I'm not quite sure on this one).

Maruten- "Maru" means "round."

Arukotchi- "Aru" means "walk."

Batafuraitchi- "Batafurai" is the Japanese version of the word "butterfly."

Boushi Santakurotchi- "Boushi" means "hat" and "Santakurotchi" is the Japanese spelling of "Santaclautchi."

Gotchi Daiou- "Daiou" means "king."

Hanatarezoutchi- "Hana" means "flower."

Kuribotchi- I think that "kuri" means "chestnut."

Marumimitchi- "Maru" means "round" and "mimi" means "ears."

Moderutchi (boy and girl)- "Moderu" is the Japanese version of the word "model."

Nonbiritchi- "Nonbiri" means "carefree."

Tensaitchi- "Tensai" means "genius."

Tamago Oujo- "Oujo" means "queen."

Tamahiko Ouji- "Ouji" means "prince."

Tamako Hime- "Hime" means "princess."

Tamakoko Hime- "Hime" means "princess."

Tamasutetchi- "Tamasute" is short for something like "Tamasuteshon" (dunno how to spell it) meaning "Tamastation." I'm not quite sure what it is but there is info about it on Tamagotch Channel.

Tengutchi- I seem to remember reading somewhere that Tengu is a long-nosed devil.

Unchikun- "Unchi" means "poo."

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back