How to Debug a Tamagotchi v5

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is awesome dude! Great tips! good job, I give you props:] So, did you do that all in one day? That is so cool, and it seems hard. But I am not risking my tamagotchi. Are you interested in tamagotchi?

Good job! Sorry your sound wire broke off though. Thank you for being so brave and attempting it for us to let us learn. :angry:

Wow...looks complicated. But thank you! I don't like risking new tamas, but thanks anyways! I'm not very fond of debugging things, but it looks more complicated than debugging a tama v4

That is awesome dude! Great tips! good job, I give you props:] So, did you do that all in one day? That is so cool, and it seems hard. But I am not risking my tamagotchi. Are you interested in tamagotchi?
Same ;) i despise debugging,it makes me feel evil to my tamas.

i realy don't know what debugging is and my computer wouldn't let me watch the vid.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: so can sum1 plz tell me what it is??
Debugging is like doing surgery on your tamagotchi. it is very bad and you could risk your tamagotchi. If something goes wrong, you could ruin your tamagotchi forever!

But, back to what is is- you open your tamagotchi, and you basically rub a little circle, and it allows you to pick any character for your tama. But that is only for the other versions.

The v5 is different, you have to take out everything, and do some weird stuff to it. But if your tama successfully made it through the process, in the end you could set what generation that you want it, and pick ANY character you want.

But if you want to risk your tamagotchi, than do so. And I wouldn't recommend it for anyone, unless you have done it before.

Hope I Helped:]

~QuinnK

well, great video!!!! I tried it. my tamagotchis fine. but it didnot work. could you try to tell me what i did wrong? :kuribotchi:

well, great video!!!! I tried it. my tamagotchis fine. but it didnot work. could you try to tell me what i did wrong? :huh:
wait... is this for japanese tamagotchis?!

Thanks. What are the benifits of debugging though?
When you debug a v5 (which is quite risky) you can:

Choose the amount of children that you want

Choose the generation

Choose the children you want

If you chose 2nd generation or higher you can choose which children you want

Access "hyperspeed" by pressing the C button

does that work on English V5's?
Yes,he was using a US V5 Famalitchi design.

wait... is this for japanese tamagotchis?!
No,he speficily said it was for a Familitchi.Familitchis are US and UK.Famitamas are for Japan.

I was trying something similiar to your method last night. I figured a piece of electric tape connecting the two jumpers would work but I didn't get any results. I may try the tape idea. I do know how to solder and am willing to go that route but I haven't been able to find my iron.

Just letting a few people know, I have successfully activated the Debugging Mode. As Binary said, it's definitely not a beginner project. I've been messing with electronics for a good 5-6 years now and I messed up the first Tamagotchi I tried this on. I made sure to heed Binary's advice and get 30 Gauge Wire Wrap and a low wattage soldering iron. I also purchased a pair of helping hands with a magnifying glass out at radio shack (only about $12 or so I believe). With all of this I still managed to botch the first one, I used a little bit too much flux on the contacts and it spilled over to one of the tracks and burned the PCB a bit, so now there's a line going through the middle on the screen. The Tamagotchi still functions, however. The second time around I used a cuetip to apply the flux. Be careful when doing this mod. If you have a rare colour or something like that try it on another one first, you can always swap the circuit boards out (just make sure to be careful with the speaker!).

Anyways, good luck to all who try this, it's definitely a project that'll take you a good 15 minutes to 30 minutes depending on your soldering experience.

[reposted from Tama-Zone]

P.S.

BG93: I'm surprised your method works, though I wouldn't leave it like that for very long. The wire could eventually slip up and end up shorting something on the PCB or just falling off and moving around all together and force you to reset.

Last edited by a moderator:
Debugging is risky but slightly worth it, if you are willing to throw away a tenner or three then I would recommend you do it.

You can break your tamagotchi by doing this, so try not to unless you really want to. Bandai will make it more and more complicated for people if you keep trying and in the future we might not be able to debug.

Debugging means you cant go into tamatowns or look after/play with your tamagotchi properly.

What would the fun be in debugging all the time? Its just a tamagotchi, nothing to cheat about. Your tamagotchi would die far sooner.

Have fun everyone!

The inability to use TamaTown is only on the v4. Everything completely functions normally on a v5 and your Tamagotchi doesn't die "sooner", it just hasn't been living for these extra 3 days or so it takes to evolve if you're making it an adult. I think the route they went with debugging is probably complex enough, only a handful of people here have even attempted it, fewer than that actually succeeded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back