Age Groups for Tamagotchi

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coco Boy

Designer: TamaTalk Guides Badge
Reaction score
I think that it has gone from all ages down to 9-12 year olds. In girls. [no offence]. I think that Tamagotchi are now to make kids get embarrassed going to the girl aisle. I went to Toys R' Us and the GIRLS' aisle had the Tamagotchis. A boy in a pink girl aisle! I'm tired of this nonsense.

Well, you shouldn't be ashamed of having a tamagotchi wherever you purchase it.

Just because it is in the girls aisle doesn't mean you can't go down there and get it. I do admit it is a little unfair for you boys!

A tamagotchi is a unisex toy. No matter what aisle it is put in. :furawatchi:

Also, about the age group, you shouldn't really care about that too. There are plenty of people who are alot older that love tamagotchi's and I say "Good for them!" :kuribotchi:

Just because store's label them with a age range doesn't mean that it stops other's playing with them. I like playing with my baby cousin's toy's. There so bright and colourful... :kuribotchi:

Last edited by a moderator:
You are right!I am a boy, and I am sometimes scared to hold my tama in the store. I ask my dad to hold it for me, and when we would pay, I would give him the money. But tamagotchis aren't always in the girl isle. but they are for boys too.

Try being a 18 year old..working at toys r us...purchasing a tamagotchi..embarrassing. =P I see a lot of boys buy tamagotchis when I was working there. Nothing to be ashamed of.

I think the Tamagotchis should be in with the small miscellaneous electronics, not in the girl aisle.

Guys buy them too and I really don't see them as especially girly or for really young kids. They are for everyone to enjoy.

I mean, the longest surviving Tamagotchi group is adult only with guys and gals. I suppose when you have that age range on the package, that might be largely what determines where it's merchandised in the store.

I know exactly wat u mean! ppl need freedom to enjoy what they want and unfortunately, society these days doesn't give us that oppurtunity!! :(

There isn't really such a thing as a "girl" aisle. There are doll aisles and action figure aisles, but it's not like half the store is labelled "girl" and the other half is "boy."

That being said, in the Toys'R'Us I'm at the most, the Tamagotchis are in the electronics department.

Cashiers don't care what you're buying or why you're buying it. Seriously. There is no reason to be embarrassed to go into a store and purchase something for yourself that you will enjoy.

I think the Tamagotchis should be in with the small miscellaneous electronics, not in the girl aisle.Guys buy them too and I really don't see them as especially girly or for really young kids. They are for everyone to enjoy.

I mean, the longest surviving Tamagotchi group is adult only with guys and gals. I suppose when you have that age range on the package, that might be largely what determines where it's merchandised in the store.
I agree. Tamas are for everyone to pla y with ;)

heya, yeah, i noticed that not many males own a tamagotchi.. but thankfully they make designs that males like too.. as for me, im 21, female.. and i own one.. i grew up with tamagotchis.. and when i learned that they came back out.. i was happy! so i got one.. the battery died on that one, and was accidently left at a friends house.. but now i got the V5.. and loving it.. i even got a lady at age 30 to get one for herself, now her, her daughter, and me all play the connection games.. even though they are random.. and you cant play them yourself.. its fun! right now.. im on my second gen of tamas.. it rocks!! :D :D :eek: B)

Tamagotchi's can be for anyone to enjoy! even if they are in the girls isle,i admit mine are too,but still it's for any age!

I think that it has gone from all ages down to 9-12 year olds. In girls. [no offence]. I think that Tamagotchi are now to make kids get embarrassed going to the girl aisle. I went to Toys R' Us and the GIRLS' aisle had the Tamagotchis. A boy in a pink girl aisle! I'm tired of this nonsense.
Same thing happened to me.I went to Walmart for a V5 and the Tamagotchis were in girls section.I felt very uncomfortable.

Tamagotchi 's are for all ages. Don't be afraid. Also, now in most stores you kind them in electronics.

Quote Post*~tamacrazy~*

Well, you shouldn't be ashamed of having a tamagotchi wherever you purchase it.

Just because it is in the girls aisle doesn't mean you can't go down there and get it. I do admit it is a little unfair for you boys!

A tamagotchi is a unisex toy. No matter what aisle it is put in. wink.gif

Also, about the age group, you shouldn't really care about that too. There are plenty of people who are alot older that love tamagotchi's and I say "Good for them!" tongue.gif

Just because store's label them with a age range doesn't mean that it stops other's playing with them. I like playing with my baby cousin's toy's. There so bright and colourful... ohmy.gif
Quote post          mametchi lover63626

I think that tamas should b sold in the ELECTRONICS bit. That way anybody, any age can walk down and pick one up without being emmbarrased. biggrin.gif
i do enjoy to play with my baby cousins toys also, and i agree with both of you, as a boy, i prefer to go down the ELECTRONICS aisle, instead of the GIRLS aisle.

:( :rolleyes: :wacko: kutchi999 :ph34r: :lol: ;)

Well, there's this toy store that I suspect that seperates some boy stuff from girl stuff...err.

But the Tamagotchis are in the Electronic gadgets section.

It is kinda sad how BanDai has finally gone too far with the designs and all. There should be unisex designs too.

The age group doesnt matter as long as u r having fun. I also think that tamas should be put electronics area instaed of the girls isle :furawatchi:

i totally agree, a tamagotchi is a unisex virtual pet, and should be in a unisex aisle :eek:

Plus i think it's for any age, my nan had one and i'm 14 and love mine,(i have the i love family pink V5)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back