Waiting for Halloween

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emmatutu

Reaction score
the planet earth. no wait i live on jupiter! lol
I wrote a short passage about a girl preparing for Halloween out of my own pure boredness. So, yeah.

[SIZE=10pt]“Marina you’re so cute!” said Marina’s mother placing a black, pointy hat on Marina’s head. “Oh mom, you’re just saying that!” said Marina. “Come on now I’m being serious,” said her mother, “I don’t tell lies!” Marina smiled. Her mother smiled back and she took a peak out the window. “They’re starting to come, Marina. I need to get the candy ready, or as you call it, the Trick-or-Treats. Why don’t you stay here finish touching up?” said her mother. Marina nodded and looked at her reflection in the mirror as her mom walked out of the room. “Wow I really do look like a witch,” she said. She glanced over at the clock. It’s 5:55, she thought, In a half hour, I’ll be getting candy by the millions! With a full moon out, Halloween will be great! She bent the top of her pointy hat and imitated the Wicked Witch from The Wizard of Oz[/SIZE], a book she had read when she was 8. Marina giggled and decided she was done dealing with her costume.

She walked into the kitchen and sat down at the table. There was already a hot bowl of soup in front of her face. It was chicken noodle, Marina’s favorite. “Yay, my favorite!” she said picking up the silver spoon. She dipped it in the bowl and stirred the soup. It smelled so good, yet she couldn’t name what it smelled of. Then she breathed it all in, and then gently stopped stirring the soup. The moment she took a bite, the doorbell rang. She heard the laughing children outside when her mother opened the door. “Trick or Treat,” they said like angels. Her mother dropped candy in their bags and she said, “Happy Halloween.” They ran away from the house and headed for the next one. Marina looked at the happy children. Sadly she had more of her soup, but after she took another bite she felt better, soup always made her feel better. She had the rest until it was all gone. She glanced at the kitchen clock excitedly. 5:15, ten minutes until the candy! Oh why wait? But she had to wait for her dad because her mother told her she was too young to go alone. I'm not to young I'm nine! But luck was on her side because the door opened again and it wasn’t a kid, It was her father.

“Hi hun,” he said. Marina nearly fell off of her seat, “Hey dad! Can we go Trick or Treating now? Please!” Her father said,”Of course! Do you have your candy bag?” Marina ran into her room as fast as her legs could go and she came back with a pumpkin shaped bag. “Let’s go!” She said jumping to the front door. Her Father had to run to catch up with her. He said, “Are you sure you don’t want to wait just a litt-“ “No!” said Marina rather loudly, “I’m done waiting. Come on let’s go.” Her dad sighed and together they walked out the front door. "Candy, here I come," she whispered and she looked up at the bright white full moon, happily.

Latest posts

Back