You can sue JD for this!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You cannot sue them for that. Everyone has rights to make virtual pets, even if it is copying another one.

First of all, that's not a JD product, it's a TS product.

Second, neither you nor I can't sue either JD or TS because we don't own the Tamagotchi name, Bandai does. Bandai would be the one to do the suing.

A Tamagotchi is a virtual pet made by Bandai. Bandai owns the name Tamagotchi. Nobody else can legally use this name for their product. Any product which calls itself a Tamagotchi but isn't made by Bandai is a fake. Any product which sort of resembles a Tamagotchi, but isn't called a Tamagotchi, is just another virtual pet.

It is rare to see a non-Bandai product actually packaged as a Tamagotchi. Usually they're marked as Tamogotchi (notice the difference) or Tama or some similar variation. Often however, non-Bandai virtual pets are listed on ebay as Tamagotchi.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK yeah I didnt actually word it for Tamatalk to sue them I was saying like tamagotchi fans can get Bandai to sue if you know what I meen. But true Binary it is rare to see a fake labled Tamagotchi thats why I put it on here. I should buy them and to see if they are any good. :rolleyes:

IMyTama :)

Well you cant sue them. its sorta like a knock off. like generic brand ketchup. and why does it say it fights eachother?

Fake!They call it v8, but it looks like a fake design v3.They can't even spell "version".They called it "verion".

You can't sue then. Only Bandai can. And Bandai obviously doesn't care since JD has been making those V-Pets for a couple years.

Second, neither you nor I can't sue either JD or TS because we don't own the Tamagotchi name, Bandai does.  Bandai would be the one to do the suing.

A Tamagotchi is a virtual pet made by Bandai.  Bandai owns the name Tamagotchi.  Nobody else can legally use this name for their product.  Any product which calls itself a Tamagotchi but isn't made by Bandai is a fake.  Any product which sort of resembles a Tamagotchi, but isn't called a Tamagotchi, is just another virtual pet.

It is rare to see a non-Bandai product actually packaged as a Tamagotchi.  Usually they're marked as Tamogotchi (notice the difference) or Tama or some similar variation.  Often however, non-Bandai virtual pets are listed on ebay as Tamagotchi.
just wondering, and I mean no disrespect, but can a company really copywrite the word tamagotchi, since it's like a translation or somthing and they didn't make it up?

Last edited by a moderator:
just wondering, and I mean no disrespect, but can a company really copywrite the word tamagotchi, since it's like a translation or somthing and they didn't make it up?
Yes they can copywright it, a.k.a own the word, which means if somebody else calls a product Tamagotchi, it's illegal.

that link doesnt work for me it goes to this boring site that has nothing to do with tamas or fake tamas =[

that link doesnt work for me it goes to this boring site that has nothing to do with tamas or fake tamas =[
Same. If someone could get a new link, that would be great!

Second, neither you nor I can't sue either JD or TS because we don't own the Tamagotchi name, Bandai does. Bandai would be the one to do the suing.

A Tamagotchi is a virtual pet made by Bandai. Bandai owns the name Tamagotchi. Nobody else can legally use this name for their product. Any product which calls itself a Tamagotchi but isn't made by Bandai is a fake. Any product which sort of resembles a Tamagotchi, but isn't called a Tamagotchi, is just another virtual pet.

It is rare to see a non-Bandai product actually packaged as a Tamagotchi. Usually they're marked as Tamogotchi (notice the difference) or Tama or some similar variation. Often however, non-Bandai virtual pets are listed on ebay as Tamagotchi.
They copyrighted Tamagotchi?

I thought it was Tamagotchi Connection :3

Whoops...

Bandai knows people will keep buying there products, so I'm sure they don't really mind some copmanies trying to make something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back