Pokemon Platinum to released in Japan Fall 2008

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

*santagotchi*

TamaTalk Supporter
TamaTalk Angelgotchi
Reaction score
You've all noticed the pattern on each generation of pokemon games; they release two games, then a third one a few years later. You've seen this in generation I with pokemon Red and Blue being released, then they released pokemon Yellow a few years later as well as in generation II with pokemon Gold , Silver and Crystal and in generation III with pokemon Ruby , Sapphire and Emerald . Doesn't generation IV look left out, with only pokemon Diamond and Pearl ? Well, generation IV will be the odd one out no longer because, well, you guessed it! A THIRD game for Diamond and Pearl is on way! Pokemon Platinum , a sister game to Diamond and Pearl will be released in Autumn 2008 for Japan and 2009 for North America.

Giratina will be the mascot of this upcoming game, and it will appear at the Spear Pillar along with Dialga and Palkia at lv. 47 in pokemon Platinum . Giratina's Origin Forme will be available in this game, and there will be a new outfit for Lucas and Dawn as well as redesigned battle scenes. Many speculated Giratina would be the mascot of the third generation IV game long before it was announced due to having a move set similar to Dialga and Palkia's as well as being dual typed with dragon like the aforementioned. Dialga represents time, Palkia represents space and Giratina represents matter. At the moment, not much information about pokemon Platinum has been revealed due to the distance of the release, and more information as well as more accurate information will appear as the release approaches. I will keep you informed with up-to-date informed about this upcoming game!

Yours Truly,

Camelle

PS. The Official Japanese site for the game can be found here, but it isn't in English.

Last edited by a moderator:
We'll also be seing the other form of Shaymin in this game.

I knew about this a while ago on proper video game forums.

We'll also be seing the other form of Shaymin in this game.I knew about this a while ago on proper video game forums.
Shaymin's new forme is called the sky forme and it willl be grass/flying. The glacidia(sp) flower, obtainable in Platinum in Floaroma town, will change shaymin to this forme (Dunno how, sorry :( )

~Camelle

I'm just so excited for this game ;)

-saves $50 just in case there is a deal on pre-ordering like D/P stylus-

Sigh... 2009...

I'm just so excited for this game :D -saves $50 just in case there is a deal on pre-ordering like D/P stylus-

Sigh... 2009...
The Japanese release date is September 13, 2008 which is just about a month from now ( Already :eek: ) and I don't know the N.America release date (yet). Sorry, but I'll post it as soon as I find out!

~Camelle

EDIT: This link leads to the Bulbapedia article for Pokemon Platinum, and it has a lot of useful information. Keep checking the article for updates as well as keeping an eye on this topic :) .

Shaymin's new forme is called the sky forme and it willl be grass/flying. The glacidia(sp) flower, obtainable in Platinum in Floaroma town, will change shaymin to this forme (Dunno how, sorry :puroperatchi: )
~Camelle
Glacidia flower is a Key item and when you use it shaymins forme will change.

Also they are making another battle frontier.

Also they are making another battle frontier.
Are you sure? They really don't need to since Platinum is the same as D/P, just another version. So Platinum is most likely compatible with BF.

Also along with this game there supposedly another 2 games called Pokemon Coral and Pokemon Opal. Coral's cover design is Giratina with Opals being Cresselia. I'll try and get the cover pics as soon as possible. I'm writing this on my wii so it's slow.

Also along with this game there supposedly another 2 games called Pokemon Coral and Pokemon Opal. Coral's cover design is Giratina with Opals being Cresselia. I'll try and get the cover pics as soon as possible. I'm writing this on my wii so it's slow.
I hear that on a japanese leaflet, 5 new pokemon or pokemon formes silhouettes were seen and information and items about them will be given in September to November 2008. Many people are also thinking they will do a remake of Gold and Silver because they did a remake of Red and green for the GBA, but this is just speculation.

~Camelle

I hear that on a japanese leaflet, 5 new pokemon or pokemon formes silhouettes
Yeah, I saw that too. They look suspiciously like new Rotom forms.

Yeah,I hear there are new Shaymin and Giratina forms,I might start of with a Turtwig this time instead of a Chimchar.

Giratina is retarded in platinum. He floats. Let's see him on battle revoloution wii. Blechh! ;)
I don't know if platinum will be compatible with PBR, sure hope it will be! Oh, and BTW according to the Bulbapedia article for Pokemon Platinum there will be a double battle with your rival (That's the blond boy that pick a name for) against Flint and Volkner. I don't know when in the game that will be, but my best guess is that it will be after the Elite Four :angry: .

There will be two new guys in Eterna city, one is a professor of Team Galactic and one is a policeman who is spying on Team Galactic under the code name 'Handsome'. You will also see Cyrus at lake Verity at the start of the game and the starter will be obtained earlier. Team Galactic's plans are more widely known and their HQ design has changed. Back sprite quality has improved as well and gym leader sprites will now be animated and the close-ups at the start of the gym battle will now be of higher quality. I'm not sure whether this will happen to Elite 4 members and Cynthia right now. Quite a few gyms have also been redesigned. More pokemon will be allowed in Amity Square; much to the delight of our Piplup fans, Piplup will be one of them! The wifi area and GTS have also been given cool revamps as will! There will be a minigame area in the wifi room and you can send mail through the GTS! Keep checking this topic for updates, they're comin' fast like the JP release date!

~Camelle

Ooh I'm so exited. I might get piplup as my starter instead of Turtwig.

Do ya think Pokemon D/P can connect to the newer versions? :lol: :D

Boy I would love that! :D :D

I would put Mewtwo and Charizard on my game so QUICK!! :eek: :D ;) :eek:

oh man,2009... Bummer. ^_^ :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back