Fakes

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wilsy

Reaction score
Well, they are a kind of pet, aren't they, and as long as they are not claiming to be BanDai original, they do deserve to have a respectable name, like 'v-pet' or 'tama-like toy'. What do you reckon? Vote 'n' reply!!! :D

there ok my old one used to freeze and i waz like T_T or like <_<

(probly faulty wirin as it was home made u see ^_^ ) so den i had to whak it so most of the it rest and i waz like this guy :angry:

so if u get 1 get a good 1 ps :puroperatchi: i love this guy

stay kool ;) bfn

No. Unless they are claiming to be Tamagotchis, when they aren't, they are NOT fake. Like Giga pets, Nano Pets, and more. Those aren't fakes because it's its own virtual pet. They're not claiming to be a Tamagotchi. I don't see why people call Nano Pets and Giga pets and Power Palz and Digi Petz and all these things fake. I mean, THEY AREN'T CLAIMING THEM TO BE BANDAI TAMAGOTCHIS!! So they are NOT fake!

I'm not sure what to say. I bought a JD product before, and it looked just like a Tamagotchi. The pets looked like Tamagotchis, too, except that they are drawn bigger and that they quality is real bad. o.o

They're not fake unless, as Pikachu Lover said, they are claiming to be tamagotchis which most of them aren't. I do think the ones that claim to be tamagotchis should be called fakes but ones that don't have the name or anything other that is copyrighted by Bandai, then I think it's ok that they make virtual pets. Bandai aren't the only people who have permission to make virtual pets. ^_^

They're not fake, just another brand of pet. It's like saying other makes of car other than Ford are fake. :lol:

Everyone so far seems to agree ... for what it's worth I think long as they don't try to pass off as a "Tamagotchi" they're ok.

The reason I voted for option one is I don't like JD Tamagotchi ... by what C4 Garuda has said it is very very similar in look & name to a Ban Dai Tamagotchi. I feel very strongly against counterfeiting/bootlegging basically because I expect a tamagotchi when it looks and is called a Tamagotchi. That's not a gigapet or nanopet or whatever, that's a "JD" Tamagotchi. I see them on Ebay and worry people may think it's a "Tamagochi" when it's not manufactured/ licensed by Ban Dai. Ironically some if not all Ban Dai "Tamagotchis" are made in china.

I got a gigapet microchimp for next to nothing the other day but find it disappointing in comparison to a Tamagotchi so far; not much character development or game play other than basic care requirements :)

So they may all be virtual pets but they're not all Tamagotchi's (or as good - personal bias here)

I think we should call them non-tama's; They aren't fake, just different. The only time we should call them fakes is if they are supposed to break down, don't work, ect.

I agree with non-tamagotchis because just because there not from bandai dosen't mean there fake,just different.

I don't care about them making their own v-pets, but they arent! They are copying the Tamagotchi Characters, and The shape of the Tamas!The exact shape! I dislike JD very much :D

I wouldn't call them fake, because they're not unless they claim to be Tamagotchis.

They're a real virtual pet. Not a real Tamagotchi, but still a virtual pet.

it depends ! fakes are copies of tamagotchis I mean those with mametchi and everybody but the other vpets are not fakes!

I had vpets before tamagotchis exist! So they 're not fakes and some of them was cool :(

No, even if they call themselves tamagotchis.

If they call themselves tamagotchis when they aren't, they should be called 'Fake Wanna-Be'. xD

But if they don't call themselves tamagotchi's, they should be called by their real names.

;]

I say the JD ones are "fakes", because they are blatantly ripping off Bandai. Other virtual pets like dinkie pets, nano pets, giga pets, etc. aren't fakes, because they are their own brand. It's just like another company making an item similar to something that already exists, but not completely imitating them.

A perfect example of making something similar to an original item: I've worked in several different coffee house chains and people would come in and ask for a "frappuccino". And all of you know Starbuck's owns the rights to that word, etc. A frappuccino is just a fancy name for a ice blended drink and most coffee shops offer an ice blended drink. it doesn't mean their drink is a "fake" frappuccino, that would be absurd.

These virtual pets are basically the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back