Marching Band

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikachu Lover

Reaction score
Is anyone here in Marching Band? I am! Next year I'll be a sohpmore (10th grade) and I'll be in my second year of Marching Band! Last year I played the flute in it but this coming year I'm play piccolo! Yay! I'm so happy I'm pretty good at the piccolo too =)

So...are you in Marching Band?

No, I'm only in concert band because I'm going into 7th grade. I'm going to be in the marching band when I get there, though. I play the trumpet. :D

No, I'm going into 7th grade. I wanna be in the marching band, I'm thinking about playing the Sousaphone *_*.

I play Flute and Trombone(Bb Tenor). I'm gonna play Trombone for (Symphonic???) Band and Flute for Jazz Band. I'm good at the flute, i'm learning how to play Trombone. I love big instruments, but I love Squidy(Flute. My friend named it...O_O xD) too.

@MnMztama: Are you gonna play Trumpet in Marching Band?

Yupperz (my word, no stealy!) redtama! I'm gonna play trumpet all the way. Perhaps even join a salsa or maringue band and play the kind of Latin-themed music.

Yupperz (my word, no stealy!) redtama! I'm gonna play trumpet all the way. Perhaps even join a salsa or maringue band and play the kind of Latin-themed music.
Coolio. =)

I just hope more people join the Wind essemble (8th grade.7th=Symphonic,6th=Concert) as Trombones, theres only one trombone in the 7th grade(He will be in 8th grade), a 7th grade Trombone will have to play with him... x_x I may want to play Tuba in highschool. xD

Off topic;

We had a Tuba player from the Highschool, he had to use two chairs. xD

Do you play any other instrument or just Trumpet?

How many trumpets are in your band? We have about 11.

Flutes: 9?

Baritone/Euphonium: 1

Trombones:4

Oboes:3

French Horns:4

Clarinets:11?

Percussion:4 o_O

Alto Saxophones:11?

Coolio. =) I just hope more people join the Wind essemble (8th grade.7th=Symphonic,6th=Concert) as Trombones, theres only one trombone in the 7th grade(He will be in 8th grade), a 7th grade Trombone will have to play with him... x_x I may want to play Tuba in highschool. xD

Off topic;

We had a Tuba player from the Highschool, he had to use two chairs. xD

Do you play any other instrument or just Trumpet?

How many trumpets are in your band? We have about 11.

Flutes: 9?

Baritone/Euphonium: 1

Trombones:4

Oboes:3

French Horns:4

Clarinets:11?

Percussion:4 o_O

Alto Saxophones:11?
Wow. so that's your band, huh? Cool!

This is my class (not the whole band):

7 Trumpets

14? Percussion

2 Baritone

1 Tuba

3 Saxophone

3 Tenor Sax

8 Clarinets

4 Flutes

1 Trombone

2 French Horns

This is all I know as far as the whole band:

4 French Horn

17 Trumpets

14? Percussion

4-5 Baritone

4 Tuba

10-12 Saxophone

3-5 Tenor Sax

3-4 Trombone

4-5 Tuba

2 Oboes

15? Clarinets

9? Flutes

No, I'm not in Marching Band. T_T I wish I would have started playing an instrument when I was younger; all my closest friends are in The Band! They get to go on all these awesome trips... They're gonna play at the Orange Bowl Parade in Orlando this year right after Christmas. And they all get the same lunch period.

I'm left out all alone.

T_T

Yesh I am but I am quitting next year. I'm gonna take guitar lessons. =3 I wanna play bass guitar so bad..

Wow. so that's your band, huh? Cool!
This is my class (not the whole band):

7 Trumpets

14? Percussion

2 Baritone

1 Tuba

3 Saxophone

3 Tenor Sax

8 Clarinets

4 Flutes

1 Trombone

2 French Horns

This is all I know as far as the whole band:

4 French Horn

17 Trumpets

14? Percussion

4-5 Baritone

4 Tuba

10-12 Saxophone

3-5 Tenor Sax

3-4 Trombone

4-5 Tuba

2 Oboes

15? Clarinets

9? Flutes
14ish Percussion players! :D

5 Baritones!

4 Tubas!

My dream band..*_*

Are you gonna attend a band festival? I think theres one for the 7th graders. :angry:

@Cinderpelt: What grade are you in? If your in 7th/8th grade, you can join band(I don;t know about your school, sorry.. :'( ); if you want.

Nope, I'm just about the WORST at instruments in the WORLD
Coolio?

I love Tromboons, look up "Tromboon"on wikipedia. ;D Just have the volume on low, not high.

Okay now that was just the sixth grade band I mentioned. I have no clue how many of each instrument there are gonna be when school starts (it's summer vacation for me). The Concert Band isn't really that big... the Stage Band (for advanced Wind Ensemble players) is a bit smaller than the Concert Band, and that is pretty small.

By the way, you people should learn how to play the trumpet in your spare time! It's really great, and I want to play:

Flute, clarinet, saxophone, and guitar!

No, I'm only in concert band because I'm going into 7th grade. I'm going to be in the marching band when I get there, though. I play the trumpet. :p
Same here, but I play flute. I want to do marching band though.

Okay now that was just the sixth grade band I mentioned. I have no clue how many of each instrument there are gonna be when school starts (it's summer vacation for me). The Concert Band isn't really that big... the Stage Band (for advanced Wind Ensemble players) is a bit smaller than the Concert Band, and that is pretty small.
By the way, you people should learn how to play the trumpet in your spare time! It's really great, and I want to play:

Flute, clarinet, saxophone, and guitar!
That was the 6th grade I mentioned too.

:mimitchi: The last day of school was Monday.

I believe the Baritone player is quitting =(

The 7th grade band is gonna be small...T_T Mr,Hanna warned me about that. Jazz band will be even smaller...*Dies*

The flute is super easy, I leanred it in a month. xDD I'm not bragging. xD Does your Trumpet have a name? xDD Trombone:Sexy Squidy Jr. Flute:Christian Scott Squidy Flutey Senior Siriano! xDDD

I want to play:

Tromboon

Sousaphone

Alto Clarinet

Oboe

English Horn

Concertina

Contrabass Bugle

Contrabassoon

Bassoon

Cello

Double Bass(Stringed)

Chimes(Large)

Marimba

Tuba

Alto Horn

No my trumpet does not have a name... o.o Would you like to name it?
Yayz I can't wait 'till marching band!!
O_O Sure. :furawatchi:

By the way, whats your Trumpet brand? I believe the most Common is Bach Prelude. The trombone i'm using is a stupid yamaha one! xP I swear! Its the UGLIEST thing on earth!!! It has rust on the slide and bell, but more on the slide. I have to give it a bath! xDDDD (like everyday..O_O Go on Expertvillage.com and type in How to clean brass, they will show a Valve Trombone,Trumpet and Flugelhorn. B) I'll either Pm you or something about how I, clean my Trombone, you may..Find it useful! xDDD)

I can't wait til marching band too! x3 I wanna play my flute or a brass. :wacko:

I know my Trombone has a not so good name, but it is sexy! xDD

I'll ask my friend for a name for the trumpet. xD She named my Trombone Squidy Trombonio Jr. O_O and she named my flute Squidy xD She misses Squidy. She kissed it's case and she's his aunt...O_O

Good night,

RT.

No my trumpet does not have a name... o.o Would you like to name it?
Yayz I can't wait 'till marching band!!
Trumpetey! xDD

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back