Twilight by Stephenie Meyer

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its'...OK. The writing is a little dry and the characters are very much '2D', but the plot is interesting...to some extent. x_x

Last edited by a moderator:
Horrible books. Horrible characters.

Bella has not independence whatsoever

Edward is better, but poorly drawn out. Jacob is okay, but not much.

Alice is fine. Shes the only decent character.

Plot is to sue-ish, constantly putting someone who doesn't need to be in danger in danger.

I'm rambling, but I hated these books.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's an okay book. A lot of people absolutely love them, so you might like it. Why not just give them a try? They're not even that long. The type is just humongous.

To me, the first book was interesting at the beginning. Then, it just got kind of stupid. At the most 'exciting' or cliff-hanging moments, I find that the book turns rather boring. It also moves really quickly and reminds me of a book that a fifth grader would right. One second they are playing baseball, the next they are being attacked are are running around the country. It didn't need to be written so quickly. And, it just seems kind of stupid to have every single guy the main character meets obsess over her.

I'me reading it right now, and I like it. It isn't the best book ever, but it is pretty good.

o_O I guess it would be cool of me to start hating it now? o_O

I liked it. You should try it, at least. I thought it was awesome. Although, who am I to talk. I never read anything REALLY good XD Borrow it from the library, because you might start hating it too XD

Horrible books. Horrible characters. Bella has not independence whatsoever

Edward is better, but poorly drawn out. Jacob is okay, but not much.

Alice is fine. Shes the only decent character.

Plot is to sue-ish, constantly putting someone who doesn't need to be in danger in danger.

I'm rambling, but I hated these books.
Agreed.

:eek:

Twilight is shallow.

The writing is pretty bad, so are the characters. I wouldn't read it if I were you, but go ahead if you want. You'd maybe like it.

The first time I read it I loved it. Then I read them again and it went all...stupid. There's like, no humour. And it's not very well written, well, it is well written but I think Stephanie's lost the fact that Bella's a TEENAGER, not a 42 year old. I bet a normal 17/18 year old won't write like that, and speaking of Bella she's not exactly a well thought out character, she's just sort of...well first off she hates parties, as in, I know teenagers get to the stage where they hate parties but she's actually TERRIFIED of them. And when everyone's thought of a good plan she goes and WRECKS it all by wanting Edward to stay with her so he wouldn't get hurt just to drag the plot even more *Cough*Eclipse*Cough*. Oh yeah and it's a bit soppy, espeically in New Moon. Basically, I've gone off it but maybe you'll like it. Borrow it off your friend and read the first few chapters to see if you like it and if you do buy it.

I actually though it was really good :/

But Bella is just annoying. And I felt it kinda dragged. But the rest was good. ;)

I'm one of those obsessive Twilight freaks. I'm obsessed with vampires; I wish Edward Cullen was real, etc. During lunch this year, the only thing we would ever talk about was vampires and re-enacting the Twilight characters in a Youtube video, Bella being played by an obese orange and Edward an eggplant.

Please don't ask.

I agree with Missbehave though. Bella doesn't act like a normal teen. She hates parties and all she does is do homework and cook for her dad. And I was really, really pi**ed off when she wouldn't let Edward go and fight in Eclipse.

But other than that, I really enjoyed the books. I would definately give them a shot. ;D

Well I really love twilight and so do my freinds. We always talk about Edward Cullen. Lol. But the problem is, Bella just doesnt impress me. I agree with you Missbehave. She always has to be with Edward and ruin everything. And she only loves Edward because he's gorgeous. And she acts like shes all different from everyone else and out of place bla bla. Well no shes just like everyone else.And I hate how shes always getting into near death experiences. Ugh shes so annoying.

I'm one of those obsessive Twilight freaks. I'm obsessed with vampires; I wish Edward Cullen was real, etc. During lunch this year, the only thing we would ever talk about was vampires and re-enacting the Twilight characters in a Youtube video, Bella being played by an obese orange and Edward an eggplant.
Please don't ask.

I agree with Missbehave though. Bella doesn't act like a normal teen. She hates parties and all she does is do homework and cook for her dad. And I was really, really pi**ed off when she wouldn't let Edward go and fight in Eclipse.

But other than that, I really enjoyed the books. I would definately give them a shot. ;D
I can agree with that, but I don't hate her. At least Stephanie made her have her own personality. I think if she wanted her charactor to be obsessed with parties and flirting and to act like a normal teen, she would have written Bella out like that. But I can agree she's not a fascinating charactor. She leans on Edward too much :/

Well, she likes parties but she doesn't want an 18th party because it will just remind her that she's older than Edward.
That's right, but I think they were talking about something in Eclipse, or maybe the proms and dances.

Well she hates parties because shes not a very good dancer and on her birthdays she's the center of attention and like it said in the book who wants the attention on them when theyre likely to fall on their face?lol. yea but theres lots of reasons why she doesnt like parties.

Oh. I'm not there yet, I just finished Twilight this morning. I need New Moon -.-
Also, I just found a trailer for the movie.

https://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...%26sa%3DG\

It's under the picture, you have to wait for it to load ^^
I saw the trailer when I went to go see Indy. :}

And I'm only 1/4 way through Eclipse, so I wouldn't know, either.

But anyways, back on topic, I think you should read it. At least try it, because you never know if you'll like it. And if you don't like it, well, then you know you don't, and mission complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back