Black and White Piano keys

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~*.:Elmo:.*~

Reaction score
Ok well at my school there is this contest for short stories and the theme is something to do with the mind ^^;; Well this is my entry, I really want constructive critisim thanks =D Please tell me what you think!

Black and white piano keys

If you tap a single white key on a piano it will play a sweet tune. If you push the one above it, it makes a higher sound and the one below it will make a lower one. Push all three at once and then you have a perfect harmony.

People play the piano to listen to its music, its sound of some what innocence. The audience’s ear’s fill with tunes and songs. Mine on the other hand, hear nothing. It’s almost like my world is in mute, it always has been. I’ve never heard my mother’s voice, my baby sister’s cry, my puppy’s bark, and my father’s footsteps when he walks into the house after a long day of work.

My hands do the talking for me, intricate movements of fingers and wrists all to indicate certain words that people can not openly say to me. Even though I can not hear most things in my world there is one simple object that speaks to me normally. The piano.

The vibrations run through the horse hair cords and into my fingers. It then travels up through my body to my blind ears. I can easily tell what note I am playing and what sound it makes. If I press the side of my head on the side or top of piano the sound gets louder, just like turning the volume knob up on a stereo.

My father plays for me sometimes, he is really good. I often lie on top of the shiny, black grand piano when he plays. If I close my eyes I can almost see a scene play out before me with the music. If Dad plays a sorrowful song I see dark, water filled clouds in a normally blue sky. If he plays an upbeat song then I’m all about puppy dogs and flower covered fields.

My adventures just go to show how powerful one person’s mind can be. How that single person can over come an obstacle and be the hero of their life. If I didn’t believe in such a thing I wouldn’t be taking bows on an overwhelmingly large stage with crimson curtains draped to the side. I wouldn’t see people clapping so loud that small vibrations run through the air.

I wouldn’t be walking off the stage, leaving the piano to gaze at the thousand and one person audience. I wouldn’t be called the one in the making, the next Beethoven. If I didn’t believe in such a little thing as mind over matter or being your own white knight then I don’t think I would like to live in this world. Because without a little bit of hope and belief we wouldn’t do much. Now would we.

Latest posts

Back