TamaChat only open on weekends for August

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tech Admin

Hello TamaTalkers!

I wanted to let everyone know that, for now, the plan is to have TamaChat open only on weekends in August.

The chat room has proven itself to be popular... However it has also become a huge source of problems for me and the Guides. We can only keep watch so long and it sometimes seems like every time we turn somebody goes in there and starts cussing up a storm. I have received numerous comments from members and parents of members who expressed shock and outrage at the behavior of some in the chat room... I feel horrible about it can only do so much.

So why go to only weekends?

* Weekends means it is more of a reason to sign in on weekends... It also increases the chances of lots of people being on at the same time so you have others to talk to.

* Weekends also means it is more manageable to have a Guide online more of the time to handle serious abuse/problems

* Bandwidth savings also plays into this... But not as much as before...

This will be a test... Let's see how it goes. If problems keep coming up we can re-evaluate... If it goes really well we can look into adding more days. My hope is to someday have a system that works in a way so as to prevent or limit the abuse of our chat system. I hope nobody is too disappointed... :(

I look forward to hearing your comments... Please feel free to post if you have any.

-Admin-

It makes lots of sense, thanks for this Admin :(

With my Junior TamaGuide duties, I will do my best to help prevent the "swearing storms". Anyway, the weekend is a great time for me, but it might now be for everyone else. We should have a poll to see who likes it on weekdays and who likes it on weekends.

Hello TamaTalkers!I wanted to let everyone know that, for now, the plan is to have TamaChat open only on weekends in August.

The chat room has proven itself to be popular... However it has also become a huge source of problems for me and the Guides. We can only keep watch so long and it sometimes seems like every time we turn somebody goes in there and starts cussing up a storm. I have received numerous comments from members and parents of members who expressed shock and outrage at the behavior of some in the chat room... I feel horrible about it can only do so much.

So why go to only weekends?

* Weekends means it is more of a reason to sign in on weekends... It also increases the chances of lots of people being on at the same time so you have others to talk to.

* Weekends also means it is more manageable to have a Guide online more of the time to handle serious abuse/problems

* Bandwidth savings also plays into this... But not as much as before...

This will be a test... Let's see how it goes. If problems keep coming up we can re-evaluate... If it goes really well we can look into adding more days. My hope is to someday have a system that works in a way so as to prevent or limit the abuse of our chat system. I hope nobody is too disappointed... :(

I look forward to hearing your comments... Please feel free to post if you have any.

-Admin-
I have been mostly abused in the chatroom. My parents are outraged, I PMed Peanutbutter13, but he hasn't done anything about it. I am never going in there again.

Well, it's a shame I never use the chat to begin with.

I'd be too afraid of going in there and being bombarded by "chat speak," excessive capitals, etc. Grammar is a much-needed improvements that individual members need to make.

I definitely think this is a good idea, too, seeing as it makes so much more sense with being able to manage people.

It's really sad how some can ruin others' experiences by using in-existant words.

And...what's a Junior TamaGuide? Õ_o

Last edited by a moderator:
And...what's a Junior TamaGuide? Õ_o
JC made up the whole thing, by making certain people helping and getting information for the tamguides.

P.S. Glad you never went there, but I do recall you being there a couple of times

I too rarely visit the chatroom, but I have never seen any swearing. I will eventually get over there and find out the hard way what everyone else is experiencing :(

I used to go in the chat room quite a lot, but i don't really go there much now. I have had one bad experience in there, but on the whole most people are usually fairly nice.

I think having the chatroom open only on the weekends is a good idea - i agree with admin - i think its the time most people are likely to use it, and hopefully its the time when guides are able to moderate it.

I do agree that some people start swearing in the chatroom. Probably because they think the Guides can't do anything about it. My last bad experience in the Chat was with whoever hacked bmaster. Since then, I've rarely gone in the Chat (once every two weeks or so) and even then, people are posting links to nasty websites... :D Let's hope this new system works!

well, i can't say the chat on weekends is a bad thing. everybody has a bad experience there at some point. also, i have noticed that the guides are usually there on weekends more then weekdays, so it will help a lot to have more moderators in the chat room. but like geogiakate1 said, most people there are very nice. but there is some swearing, and bad links, so thanks admin for letting us have 24/7 chat for a while!

This is a great idea. I like the sound of it.

Not to everyone: Please, if you come accross something bad, please report it to a Guide or Admin. :D

I think it's quite a good idea as I have had problems of chat with people abusing me though in Britain it's the summer holidays :wacko: :wacko: :eek: :D

It's a shame not to use it in most of my free time! :unsure: :D

Anyway, Androtchis rule!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tamagotchi School - my site where there are all the codes, how to get any character on the version 1 and now you can join the school for competitions and more! A beauty contest, and movies of a puppet show done with tamagotchis! Logs, which tamagotchi are you test, version 2 page, all version 1 characters, info on debugging, how to get secret characters, a guestbook, tamagotchi pictures and much more!

i hate the idea i say it stinks like rotten eggs!
Try to think of it more possitivitly than that.

Just think...

If you came to TamaTalk and noticed that TamaTalk was not working due to Bandwidth, then you would have to wait till next month to go back on. If the chat is moved to weekends, it is less likely this will happen.

Another point to put accross: If people continue with the behaviour they have been putting accross latley, putting chat on an every day bases is not a wise move. On weekneds, their is less chance that innappropriate behaviour will occure. And, if the chat has a one or two open day, their is also more chance that people will be in the chat at the same time as you... Making it more fun for you and many others

:D

not changing how i feel!

edit:i think there is something fishy about this i've gotten 2 wierd PM S about totally random things like "my house has just been robbed and they took the toilet seat and it was my favourite one yet " and "what is a tamagotchi" i think it has something to do with this!

Last edited by a moderator:
im onm alannatama's side because you dont get to talk to your friends every time you come on to tamachat

i have many friends and we meet at certain times to talk and now we cant do that but message each othernow.i think it stinks like rotten eggs!!!!!JUST LIKE ALANNATAMA and some of my friends will be saying that too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, guys here's the deal. if you think the chat room stinks "like rotten eggs", then you pay for it if you want it kept open. It all costs money and I don't hear you coming forward to sponsor it.

*(Sorry about how negative this is, I'm angry)*

i can see but i can see your point tamachat costs a lot of money and i know I HAD A WEBSITE it costs a bomb (got closed down)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back