Little Women

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bratztroxg

Reaction score
A lot of people say the book Little Women by Louisa May Alcott is really old fashioned and all that, but I bought it just about a week ago and I'm halfway through it (I've finished Part First, onto Part Second - the 'Good Wives' section) and its the sweetest little book ever!

It teaches a lot about goodness, kindness, sweetness, warmth and fun! It's now my favourite book ever! I would totally recommend it. It's old, but its story will never die! :) Is there anybody else who has read it/would like to read it? Please post comments here!

I haven't read it. I'm more into the books like Harry Potter and spiderwick and everything.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes, i luv little women it is a nice book about sisters and the way girls were supposed to grow up in those times and its just a great book.

Little Women. It sounds a bit... like Forever Amber. I'll put it on my read list. It may help me or something, as my book is set in the pioneer times.

Never read.

Is it one of those old classics, like Oliver Twist and all that stuff?

I like stuff like that.

Maybe I will.

. . . . . . Would someone like to tell me what it's about? Dx

@.:Charm:. Yes, you should definitely read it! It's great! ^.^

@princess08 Yeah, I'm glad you thought it was a good book! Lucky you reading at school!

@Jinx3295 They hate it??? *fumes silently* Meh, their loss! I guess they hate niceness, fun and friends!

@chellybell123 Yeah, you'd probably like it though! Give it a try! Just read the first page and stop if you don't like it. Actually it's more of a book you have to get into, and then it's un-put-downable!

@Mametchi_Queen Completely agreed! I'm up to the bit where Meg makes her jam all wrong! (lol random i know! ^.^ )

@Howl Into The Night Um, I've never read 'Forever Amber' but you should read LW (Little Women) anyway!

@Becca Juice Ok, to answer your first question - yes, it is a classic! And it is about four girls of the March family (Meg, Jo, Beth and Amy) and their Mother, Father (who is at War for most of Part 1) and it's basically an entertaining and lovely story about their life, and all the adventures they have as they grow up, get married, etc. The way I describe it does not do it justice! It's just a wonderful little story about the March family sisters. I love it! ^.^

@Jinx3295 They hate it??? *fumes silently* Meh, their loss! I guess they hate niceness, fun and friends!
lol, they don't like it because of the length..

and it's not reall their type of book.

her mom hated it when she had to read it as a kid,

and now her daughter hates it as well.

lol, they don't like it because of the length..and it's not reall their type of book.

her mom hated it when she had to read it as a kid,

and now her daughter hates it as well.
That is really sad that they don't like it, though. :ichigotchi: Just because it's long!!! *shakes head*

I've seen the movie, but I haven't had time to read the book D:

I really want to though, the movie was good. =]

@tama 3445521508 Yeah, we have the movie at our house (the one with Kiera Nightley!) and I really like it! :angry:

@Pink Craze That's great to hear that my topic may have inspired you to want to read the book! Go ahead, I'm sure you'll really enjoy it! ^.^

[SIZE=7pt]I thought the length was decent compared to most of the books I read.[/SIZE]

It was well written, and I admire the author deeply. She has great talent that was put into good use.

I love Jo :angry:

[SIZE=7pt]I thought the length was decent compared to most of the books I read.[/SIZE]It was well written, and I admire the author deeply. She has great talent that was put into good use.

I love Jo ;)
Yeah, the length is good. It's not exactly short, but it is just right to be a nice long book that you can spend lots of time reading, because you will want to! And yes, Louisa May Alcott is an incredible writer. It's just the way she describes things and stuff, and most of the inspiration from Little Women was taken from things that have happened in her life! Such as Amy, the youngest daughter, was actually based on Louisa's younger sister May! And Jo is based on Louisa herself! There was a real Beth, and she did actually die of scarlet fever. -.- That bit made me cry! There was also a real Meg, who did get married early!!! But the book was written 10 years after Beth's death because Louisa May Alcott needed some time before she could look back on her memories again. You can tell how much she loved Beth, because in the book her character Jo always seems to love Beth the most and they call each other 'my girl'.

I still don't wanna read it. I don't know. I'm more into the fictional books about well magic and a few other things. Other books just seem cheesy to me or boring. I only like one book that isn't related to that kind of stuff. But I have a feeling that I wont like the book little women so I don't really want to waste my time if I already know I'm not gonna like it.

I still don't wanna read it. I don't know. I'm more into the fictional books about well magic and a few other things. Other books just seem cheesy to me or boring. I only like one book that isn't related to that kind of stuff. But I have a feeling that I wont like the book little women so I don't really want to waste my time if I already know I'm not gonna like it.
Well, although you have not yet read the book, and therefore have no means of judging it, I understand that if a book does not appeal to you and you have no intention of reading it, I wouldn't want to push you into doing anything of the sort! I'm just pleased that you have considered it at all, and that my topic is making a difference. :rolleyes:

oh no offense or anything. I'm just saying that I think I wouldn't like it. I'm not saying that it sucks.

Latest posts

Back