Battery help with an older Tamagotchi

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello! I created an account here specifically to ask this. :)

I just recently started getting back into Tamagotchi. I loved them when I was a younger child in 1997/8, and collected several of them, which were regrettably lost over the years. (I'm sixteen now)

Around two years ago I grabbed an older Tamagotchi in a thrift store. A few days ago, newly obsessed with my new V5 purchased over the weekend, I found this old Tamagotchi in one of my video game drawers.

I'm not sure what it is, but it's definitely smaller than a V5, but it's not a Mini. It has a yellow shell (casing?) with perriwinkle buttons and border, and it has "TAMAGOTCHi" written in perriwinkle along the left side. On the right side is a drawing of a plant like pet with a duck's head, and on the top, everyone's favorite, Mimitchi, making a very silly " :eek: " face. Both drawings are with the perriwinkle theme.

What version of Tamagotchi is this? It has to at least be a P1 or P2. :unsure:

Another problem is batteries. I went to a local retail store where I buy all of my virtual pet batteries (clockwatch batteries) and couldn't seem to locate any in the right size. What size batteries does this little guy take? xD

I can't remember if I purchased the toy like this, but his screws are also missing, and when I have the money I would like to replace them, but no rush cuz it's nothing a little tape can't fix. x3

I'm very sorry if these are dumb questions, but I was a very small child when I played with these older versions. Otherwise I'd have all this info and would be playing again with all my little friends!

Any help is GREATLY appreciated as to the version of Tama, and battery or screw size.

Thank you very much! :D :wub:

:D

Definitely not dumb questions at all and congratulations on getting back into the older Tamagotchis (which are better, in my opinion, and are all I play with :D )! Anyway, I have the same exact one and it's a P2. If you really want to make sure, this site has a lot of great information on how to tell the difference between a P1 and P2: www.mimitchi.com. Besides, P2s usually have "Tamagotchi" written on the top of the egg. I can't give you the battery size, but I will try my best to describe it to you. If you can find ones that say "Toshiba LR44", or anything with "button cell," or anything of that size, those would be best. There are lots of brands out there with different numbers on them, but just carry your Tamagotchi along with you and you can just eyeball it from there. As for the screws, you got me there...but go for the tiniest ones possible. Hope this helps! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back