Debugging: Good or bad?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

meowbark

September 2008 Contest Winner
Reaction score
Well, seeing as I almost forgot about my Tamagotchi's I thought I might as well start a Tamagotchi topic xD

So a few years' ago I had 2 Tamagotchi's. A debugged them both. The debugging was a success for them! But it got unfun, so of course I undid it. Killed my red V2. D: My V3 was fine though.

So I was wondering. Are you for Debugging or against it?

For it: All I can really say is your risking your Tamagotchi by taking it apart to try to quicken the life proccess. Were is the fun in that? It can help in school I guess...

Against it: Smart people, why risk 15 bucks? I never doing it again.

I've debugged 3 of my Tamagotchi's, my V1, V2, and one of my V3's. It's fun at first, but then it gets boring, because it's just too easy. A lot of glitches come as a result. I undid all my debugging but it took quita a while to fix my V2 because it wouldn't age and if you bumped it lightly against something it would permanently reset.

I'm neutral on this subject. :gozarutchi:

I guess I'm againsy 'cause your suppost to work to get your tama lazypeople lol

But, I mean, I don't really care.

If you've been playing with tamas for a long time and want to try new stuff with them, then I don't see anything wrong with it. =]

Well if you want to put your tama at risk,because your tama can permanatly break down and then you have to purchase a new one.

But like members have mentioned if you want to try something new go for it, but always remember there is that risk!

mmmm I never have debugged and I don't think I ever will just the thought of loosing my baby Chi saddens me. I would say I am probubly against it. And isn't it true your supposed to earn your prize ^o^

I'm for debugging!

You can scroll through all the characters programmed in the Tamagotchi, even some you never knew about! You can also laugh at the crazy glitches you get! You can also do a speed growth with hyper speed! And your Tamagotchi wont be the mailman when you connect with older versions!

The bad thing is that debugging V4's and 4.5's breaks them and you have to soldier wires in your tama for v5 debugging.

Overall it's just fun!

I'm for debugging!
You can scroll through all the characters programmed in the Tamagotchi, even some you never knew about!
^_^ That is the high point. Debugging is like cheating though...

I suppose if you can find one in surplus like an older version where people are selling a bunch then it's fine experiment and mess around, however, I wouldn't do it with one I've paid full price for. Even just customizing one... I'd only do it with a Tamagotchi that I found somewhere or something.... :D

I like to play by the rules y'know? It's more special that way....

I'm against debugging. Why should you risk $15 and the fun of making your tama whatever just for some cheats? i think it's kinda stupid.

[SIZE=14pt]Im against debugging my tama even though I havent done it yet because im way too scared my tama might break :) [/SIZE]

I debugged my V3. (1 of 3)

It has a babytchi now. It doesn't really do anything to your tama, as long as you don't mess up. Plus, I don't press the C button too much.

;) :D My brother did it i wasnt going to do it i was to afraid. His was fine at first but then he got some glitches and it kept getting worse untill it completely destroyed his tama So im against it :furawatchi:

I am against it and I doubt I would ever do it. not because of the money wasted, but for the fun wasted. it simply kills the thing I find the most nice in tamas via making everything less difficult, thus less exciting.

I'm going to try debugging my stupid V3. It's totally busted and keeps on saying 'Reset_param_0invalid' and doing nothing. I'm hoping it fixes my tama.

I've never tried it before but I think what it does is deactivates the 'Time_param' and 'series04_param' on your gotchi The number is different depending on your version. These are the different parameters that are used to control how the tamagotchi behaves. All versions (excluding V5) use the Same general behaviour as a baby with any gender.

When you've debugged it, it puts the 'Time_param' aside so when you push C it goes really fast.

I know this because I was talking to a geeky friend of mine who I gave my old tama. According to him it's using a dumbed down java based system similar to that on the digimon toys. I don't know how true this is, but he had my old V1 wired into this Bus something or other interface card. Now, I don't know how he knows this or anything.

I thought that was an interesting bit of info to share.

NKP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back