Misfit Magic: Cathy`s Long Lost Story Part 4

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timagotchi

Reaction score
Click here to see part one. Click here to see part two. Click here to see part three.

She got her shoes on and headed for the safe. Then she blindfolded me as she entered the combination and took out the key. Once she had lifted the bar off the door, she turned to look at me and said, "Well, I don`t have all day and I certainly don`t know where you hide this magic well of yours. Come on!" I jammed my feet into my shoes and adjusted the heel a little, then ran out the door just before she pushed it shut. The bar fell into place with a SLAM! and Cenel stuck her key through a little hole in the door to lock the bar in place. She gave me a smug smile, but I just trudged silently away. After about 5 minutes, Cenel kept saying in an annoyed tone, "How much longer to the well?" I would reply, "Not long," until she finally lost her patience and screamed, "I`ve just about had it with you, you little liar!! I know a trick when I see one and this is definitely a trick!" I would have flinched big time if I had been lying as I said, "But we`re here. The well`s right in front of you." Cenel slitted her eyes at me and growled, "Yeah, and you`re gonna say only people who were "destined" to have beauty can see it and use it. Fat chance I`m gonna believe that!" Well, that certainly wasn`t the case. "It`s right in front of you. Just look at it. Unless of course, it`s too much work for you to tilt your head up." Cenel looked up and deflated measureably when she saw that yes, there was a well in front of her. "All right, you win. But don`t think you can slip away when I`m not looking!" I just nodded and climbed up a tree to watch the show. This should be interesting, I thought. And it was. The moment Cenel saw the contents of the well, she turned green and shouted enthusiastically, "Phwar! I cannot believe that anything that`s supposed to make you beautiful could look so nasty!" Then she caught a whiff and added, "And smell so nasty too!" ("Phwar" is pronounced "Fwar" and is Scottish for "Ew" or "Yuck". I forgot to mention that Cenel had a tiny bit of a Scottish accent.) All I said was, "Well, you`re just going to have to live with it." The reason the water in the well looked so dirty was partly because of the dirty water Joey put in it, (I think he added a few rotten dinners, too) and partly because of all the dirt and dead leaves (and dead bugs) that had collected in it over the years. But if everything went according to the plan, Cenel would think that it looked and smelled dirty to get tamas to stay away from it. At least, that`s what she`d think until 12:00 noon tomorrow. I could only hope she would let me out before then. I was so busy thinking that Cenel had to yell, "Where`s the bucket?!" three times before I looked up with a "Huh?" "Well," Cenel said with a very small fraction of interest. "I didn`t know Makikos thought so much. All the ones I`ve met were mindless little shrimps." She almost had me cornered, when I did some quick thinking. (Man, I had a monster migraine afterwords from all that thinking!) "I was just thinking about which clothes to wear to the dance party next week. I can`t decide between pink and- uh- blue." Cenel lost all interest whatsoever in the topic and told me to get here this instant. When I did, she bombarded me with questions like, "Where`s the bucket?" and, "Are you sure it won`t spill on the way back?" She would occaisonally snap, "Get back over here, you little sneak! I know what you`re up to." I was getting pretty tired of running back and forth like a slave, when Cenel finally heaved a sigh and said, "Ok, we`re ready to go." The trip took only 5 minutes, but it seemed to take the whole day. When we "finally" arrived, Cenel made a shooing motion with her hand and said impatiently, "Well? I haven`t got all day." Once again, I made the 5 minute trip back to my house, tired but happy.

To be continued

Latest posts

Back