To Kidish?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TamagotchiGurl18

Reaction score
do you guys think tamagotchis are too kidish? im worried my friends will think im kiddie for playing with them.......

They are sertainly NOT kiddish.Im kind old(lets just say im 10 to 15)And i play with

tamas!

I don't think they are kiddish at all!Also if your friends don't like that you play with them thats OK, because it makes you happy. If they shun you, or call you a baby, they are NOT your friends! :D

P.S.:I'm 13! :D

Love,

#Phantom#

Last edited by a moderator:
Bandai made them with kids in mind, but I guess they can go both ways. I would find it quite odd to see a grown man or woman playing with their tamagotchi on the streets, but to each their own. I don't like to criticize.

As long as you can deal with the rest of your life (education, family, friends...) well, there´s absolutely no reason to stop playing with what you like. I´ve actually learned that many grown-up people still have their inner child, and I think that´s great. As for me, I´m 24, but still collect toys, have Tamagotchis, love vintage Polly Pockets and Cabbage Patch kids and and and, but I´m also about to finish college (becoming an engineer) and am planning my first pregnancy.

Playing and imagination are incredibly important to everyone, regardless of age, to remain sane in this crazy world.

As that saying goes: "you can´t help growing, but you can decide about growing up". <3

:D There's a funny thing that happens when you grow older. People start to include any kind of enjoyment aided by imagination childish. By society's standards, yes, playing with a Tamagotchi is childish. If you have the kinds of "friends" who think that they must act like adults so much that they cannot be seen with someone who admittedly enjoys them self with a device that a child can operate, then so be it. It's either your friends or your happiness. You can deny the truth and "grow up" or you can embrace your freedom to love what you actually like and sacrifice your social standing.

:rolleyes: Now I realize that this is a bit of an extreme stance and I only have experience in the United States of America (particularly in California) but most adults (which is the majority) do not know how to have fun any longer. They have forsaken all that they were and had loved in the past for a life of working, drinking, and watching retarded TV shows. After a while there becomes a limit into how much they can think critically and allow the only intelligence to come forth their forever gaping maw what they heard on the TV or from a friend. Many of these people focus so much on being an "adult" (now almost an ideology) that they can't even relate to their own kids. They are NOT a child! NO! It almost seems from the observer to be the tantrum of a three-year-old but confined within their psyche. These are usually the people who have mid-life-crises but it would be important to note that there are people that do not ever come to this point.

Which brings us back, ask yourself, are your friends overcompensating for their age? Are your friends throwing away what was once so important to them? Are you the kind of person who throws away your dream of becoming something a bit far fetched but was once your most treasured dream? Do you care for your friends so much that you are willing to bend to their supposed will? If your answer is yes you are trapped in a cage created by society. Will you escape? it is up to you and your actions. Perhaps Tamagotchi are indeed to childish. You can always hide it and play in secret but, really, won't that just make you feel disgusting? Obviously you do not trust your own decisions enough to even decide if you can play with a toy.

If your answer is no, by all means have fun! Play with your Tamagotchi, keep the wonder and imagination fresh in your mind and feel no guilt or social pressure for you are free to be you. To you a Tamagotchi is no toy but a device that lets you communicate with the little animals inside (or whatever explanation you have as to what the device we communicate with the 'gotchies is). :) Have confidence that you can make your own decisions. The only thing that separates a child from an adult is the ability to handle greater responsibilities and little else. With this in mind you can have fun in whatever way you deem enjoyable. :blink:

On an entirely different note, places like Japan don't really seem to have this problem as much. Adults and children alike can play with Tamagotchies, read comics and watch cartoons with little to no ridicule. Why are we so different? :huh:

Playing and imagination are incredibly important to everyone, regardless of age, to remain sane in this crazy world.
As that saying goes: "you can´t help growing, but you can decide about growing up". <3
Totally. I'm a bit younger but I'm making comic books and stuff, collecting old video games and toys... Paying rent, taxes, and utility bills...

That whole I never want to not "be a Toys 'R' Us kid" kind of mentality....

It's so sad to see so many adults who have no longer any semblance of imagination any more. (working in retail you see a lot of this) .... they just turn into blathering idiots who can't even comprehend that someone younger than them has more of a point or more knowledge.... like age automatically makes you better or something.... :rolleyes: Some of the most interesting people are those with the imagination of a child... even little old grannies can have it. :D It's great!

Good post, darkredphantomx.

On an entirely different note, places like Japan don't really seem to have this problem as much. Adults and children alike can play with Tamagotchies, read comics and watch cartoons with little to no ridicule. Why are we so different?
That's because it's more accepted in their society. North America has a completely different mentality about what is childish and what isn't. In Japan, a perverted old man who reads ero comics might as well have a tamagotchi. This is because their stereotypes are different. But honestly, I don't think any Japanese boy would want to take care of a tamagotchi, either. It's just not interesting to them. In North America, since most males (and adults in general) don't really care about stuff like tamagotchis or Pokemon. Hence they brand them as childish. They've outgrown them, so should you, etc. And then that question stems: what if you don't want to outgrow it? Is it wrong to keep playing with it?

As people have stated, as long as it doesn't interfere with the important parts of your life, which is different for everybody. For social standards, you figure that out for yourself. Accept the fact that this virtual pet is a part of you, and don't be afraid to hide it like most people. Don't regret what you enjoy doing.

I'm 13, plays with my Tamagotchis all the time, and am proud of it! I confide in my Tamas, enuff said! :huh: Who cares if they're childish!

Thumbs up to darkredphantomx! :furawatchi:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thirteen, and still love tamagotchi's. I have never given up on anything I really loved, and neither should anyone else. For gods sake, I still play with Pokemon, Webkinz, Tamagotchi's, and watch the Disney Channel.

Someone came to school one day with a Tamagotchi. I've known her since second grade, (I'm in 8th now) and she came with a V5. When she pulled it out of her pocket, my eyes got huge. I wouldn't ever bring one of mine to school with me. But then again, my friends secretly hate me, and if I brought one, they would ditch me and I wouldn't have any friends. I guess that means I've been stomped on by society huh? Well, you shouldn't. Don't let society do that to you.

And heck, I gave my grandma a Tamagotchi once, and she loved it. (She's 85) She still has it, and she's on generation 8. :)

Trust me, your not too old.

No... I'm 19 and still play with them... Not to mention at times I have them all running... 8 of them currently... hehehe... When you start them at the sametime... Kinda a poain though.

Fight the power, Love the tamas. :)

I'm an adult. I usually bring one with me to work. Nobody cares.

I work around mechanics, laborers and management. Either they think it's cute, interesting or they ignore them. So I don't think they are really too kiddish. The guys at work don't give me a hard time about it. :)

No way!I am a student who is 13, and I play with them, and I am collecting them, still!(I currently own 12 of them, and I have 7 running, 5 out of batteries.

i don't think tamas are kiddish at all!!! they r cool as! i only have but still i love them doesn't what ur friends think of them they totally rock!

memetchi7

if your friends think your babbyish then dont listen to them they are not your real friends im 46 and still play with them ... joke im really 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back