The Tamawalkie, V5.5 & V5.5 Plus Lanyard

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tamaphilippines

Reaction score
Hello Tamatalk friends,

Just wanted to share photos of the new Tamagotchis that recently arrived here in the Philippines. I'm not sure if all are now available in the Asia/Oceania region though, but more often than not, they already are :p

Probably, the biggest news here is the availability of the Tamawalkie.

Also available in Tamagotchi Philippines ;)

The Tamawalkie - The refreshed pedometer pet!

https://img207.imageshack.us/img207/8349/tamawalkievi3.jpg

The Tamagotchi V5.5 - the repackaged North American Celebrity Edition

https://img296.imageshack.us/img296/2589/tamav55mw3.jpg

The Tamagotchi V5.5 Plus (that's what they're calling it here) - the repackaged North American Celebrity Edition with Lanyard!

https://img207.imageshack.us/img207/2401/ta...5lanyardoq8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! Is there any chance you can let us know more about the TamaWalkie? Such as: can you raise any character, or does walking just allow you to earn some points you can use to keep a pre-set character happy/healthy?

Update: this web page shows a bit more info: https://www.books.com.tw/exep/prod/newprod_...item=N000040055

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure thing Binary!

The one I have is in English, so I'm expecting that it will reach North America and worldwide soon.

Story

The story of this one is that the Tamagotchis are busy preparing for the Tama and Earth Expo. One day, a Tamagotchi went to Earth on errands for collecting the materials of the American pavilion, but due to a collision, the UFO carrying the Tamagotchi was destroyed. To finish the errands, he will need assistance from the Tamagotchis in America, collecting the UFO parts along the way.

Modes

- There are two modes, City and Journey.

- City Mode - This can only be accessible when all conditions are met. This happens when you've reached a city (distance is 0). You can shop for food or vehicles here, buy fuel or repair items.

- Journey Mode - see Travel Section

Controls

The buttons on the front behave exactly like most Tamagotchis, A - Select, B - Execute, C - Cancel.

Travel

- The more you walk, the more points you earn, the more items, food and vehicles you can buy.

- You can speed up the walking process by obtaining vehicles like the car or the skateboard.

- Your tamagotchi can travel in 25 cities of America and Canada like Boston, New York, Montreal and Toronto. When your Tamagotchi reaches a city, the tourist attractions found in the city will be displayed.

- The Map is divided into 4 sections. The city which your Tamagotchi starts in is random.

- There are also Items to be collected like souvenirs and UFO parts.

- During the trip, you can pass by shops like food shop and petrol station.

Characters

There are three characters available to choose, Mametchi, Memetchi and Kuchipatchi.

Games

- There are 4 games available --- Jumping Rope, Timer, Treadmill and Fishing.

Jobs

- There are 6 jobs available. 4 are available during the journey (Corn field, fruit farm, dairy farming, dig out fossils). The other 2 are available in the city (Clean the window, Wash the car). The jobs in the journey mode can only be accessed when a person asks you for help when walking in the street.

Other Features:

- It has a battery saving feature like the Pokemon Pikachu. The screen blanks out after a while.

- Instead of the clock, when you press the B button without selecting anything, it shows you the number of steps taken, the distance to the next city and the fuel gauge (for your vehicles).

The Tamawalkie B)

That looks like so much fun!

BanDai never cease to amaze me... :gozarutchi:

they leave us guessing and waiting for months on the V5.5 and the V6 Colour and keep totally quiet about something like the Tamawalkie until a helpful member like tamaphilippines is nice enough to post something on TamaTalk... and does that mean that the Philippines is the first country to get the Tamawalkie??

Thanks tamaphilippines = that's really useful and interesting!

Thanks for posting those pictures. I am hoping, and guessing that since the packaging is in English, we will be seeing them soon in the US. By Christmas I am certain. I wish I could get my hands on one of the Walkie Tama's. I have the Teku Teku Angel one, and I'm bored with it.

Thanks, tamaphilippines! I've been in contact with Funtastic Australia, and they say that the V5.5 will arive here in about late October, early November. I'm really excited, because I was so upset with the V5C was exclusive to the US. I've posted some linkes to the four designs which I know of so far. Thanks for bringing thi to the attention of TamaTalk readers. ]

Disco; Black/Red [Mametchi/Kuchipatchi]

Jewel; Purple/Gold [Jewel/Space Family]

Paparazzi; Silver/Gold [Papara Family]

Star; Pink/Purple [uS Design, ReColoured]

I hope that you found those images useful! =]

[samJJE101]

Is the V5.5 the same as tama-familitchi-celebrity? Because I'm pretty sure mine is a celebrity, and it doesnt have one of those cool little keys on the side D: I want one! :p

Is the V5.5 the same as tama-familitchi-celebrity? Because I'm pretty sure mine is a celebrity, and it doesnt have one of those cool little keys on the side D: I want one! :furawatchi:
What you have attached to the side of your Tamagotchi, depends on which country you bought it in. Tamagotchis sold in USA & Canada, for example, all have the large metal keyring.

Ok.. somebody please tell me if these tamawalkie things will come out in australia? coz I dont need the v5 celebrity, I bought it off eBay a month ago.

tamaphilippines saan u powh nabili ung tamagotchi na un???magkano powh???nakuh ang tagal ko nag hintay nyan baguh dumating dito sa pilipinas!!!!

"tamaphilippines where did u buy that tamagotchi????and how much does it cost????i've been waiting too long for that tamagotchi!!!"

If you mean "equivalent US dollars," then I think it's around $20.

wow!

from the designs binary posted, i would say i would get the second one!^_^i love it!!!>=3

no no!!sorry!!!i just wanna know on what place here in the philippines did he bought that!!sorry!!!
"tamaphilippines!!tol san muh yan nabili!!!"
If you look closely you can make out something like "Sta Lucia East" printed on the price tags.

Hello Tamatalk friends,
Just wanted to share photos of the new Tamagotchis that recently arrived here in the Philippines. I'm not sure if all are now available in the Asia/Oceania region though, but more often than not, they already are smile.gif

Probably, the biggest news here is the availability of the Tamawalkie.
WOW!!! When did it come out? I really waited for a long time!!! Where did you buy the Ver 5.5 and TamaWalkie? I'm so getting one!!!

Too bad I would have to wait for allowance in November... But I want that now!!! :( :p :(

I quite like the Tamawalkie but if we have to strap it to our body for it to work, then it's a bit funny, inconvenient and embarassed??? what you think?

I just called up my distributor in Sg but they dun have it :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back