Tamagotchi - are they educational?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TamaSweetie

Reaction score
I believe they are in many ways. Not only do they teach caring and responsibility, they also teach kids:

Maths - calculating Gotchi points, skill points, etc.

Science - biology, life cycle

Technology - helps understand the concept of electronics and infra-red data transfer

Motor skills - I found that playing the built-in games on my V4 has improved my reaction time BY A TON :D

Social studies - many thanks to the school and work functions of the V4 and V4.5 ^_^

Yes, I think that tamagotchis can be educational. Though tamagotchi's are VERY addicting for kids. The cry when they die, I know that's acceptional for kids sometimes they can get too attached to them and get lower grades at school. Even once in the news, they said how tamagotchis affect kids :angry:

So, that's my opinion. They can be educational, but not a ton.

Hope I helped :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
I would say that Tamagotchi's are educational because they have improved my maths, timing and care. (I am 10 Years Old)

Also they should be in the boys toys as well as the girls in argos :mametchi:

I would say that Tamagotchi's are educational because they have improved my maths, timing and care. (I am 10 Years Old)
Also they should be in the boys toys as well as the girls in argos :)
I guess they're kinda educational, in a fun way :)

I mean you couldn't do well in life (jobs., etc) just by learning from tamagotchi's xD, but they do "revise" basic maths, science etc. :)

are they only in the girl's section? They should be in boys as well xD

^ It teaches younger kids who don't know much about how the society operates the way it does. You go to school to learn, and this leads to getting jobs and earning money through working :D

You know what's been going around in my head? Some little kids with Tamas probably still think that babies are brought by the stork or found under cabbages, and how Tamas marry/matchmake and produce babies might give them a bit of a heads-up on *that* area too :(

Yea but the v.5 shows us science because of growing up like you said and it shows math of how to add and subtract money. But the v.4 and the v 4.5 shows a lot

I think tamas can be educational in the ways of responsibility and what you mentioned; motor skills. It teaches you responsibility by of course you taking care of it and motor skills because in some of the games you need to think fast! :)

To me, Tamagotchi are for kids who doesn't have real pets to play with (well, if you do you can still play with them if you can manage the time :( ) and they teach us responsability. But with kids who brings Tama to school and play with them while learning (well I DID play in class but not Tama, hee hee :wub: ), they get lower scores and things kinda like that. Tama can be educational if kids play them in the right way. Like TamaSweetie have said, they teach us a lot but they can NOT replace the teachers in class. I think we should manage the time so we still take good cares of our little Tamas and still be a good student at school. That will make our parents happy and let us keep our Tamas. I hated when they said Tamas aren't educational and they make you worse and blah blah blah... So I think we should... yeah you know, I've said, so that they don't say things like that. Let's make them feel Tamas is a good educational toys and make them love Tamas and make them buy more for us. That also encourage Bandai to make more version of Tamas! Oh my, if you play in the right way you earn a LOT!!!

I think they are educational.

They can teach you responsibility,and by trying to raise your Tamagotchi with care and not letting it die is exactly that :D .

I guess maybe they can be.

I mean, they do help me practice my maths. Like when I was still playing with my Entama, I often worked out in my head how many times I would have to play that game until I had enough money to buy a UFO.

And I guess they do teach you responsibility. Like Parent training! :mellow:

To me, Tamagotchi are for kids who doesn't have real pets to play with (well, if you do you can still play with them if you can manage the time :) ) and they teach us responsability. But with kids who brings Tama to school and play with them while learning (well I DID play in class but not Tama, hee hee :D ), they get lower scores and things kinda like that. Tama can be educational if kids play them in the right way. Like TamaSweetie have said, they teach us a lot but they can NOT replace the teachers in class. I think we should manage the time so we still take good cares of our little Tamas and still be a good student at school. That will make our parents happy and let us keep our Tamas. I hated when they said Tamas aren't educational and they make you worse and blah blah blah... So I think we should... yeah you know, I've said, so that they don't say things like that. Let's make them feel Tamas is a good educational toys and make them love Tamas and make them buy more for us. That also encourage Bandai to make more version of Tamas! Oh my, if you play in the right way you earn a LOT!!!
Yeah, the only reason why some kids get lower test scores is because they spend too much time on their Tamagotchi in class. When I was still allowed to play with mine, I only fed, cleaned and disciplined them while I was in class. I never played games or did bigger things with them while I was in class because it would take up too much time. I just went by the rule "Sort it out QUICKLY and get back to work".

I think that would be a good rule for everyone who takes them to school.

I don't see why everything HAS to be educational. What ever happened to fun for fun's sake. It seems like every thing's gotta have some kind of educational undertones, which I think is annoying and oppressive. I prefer things that are mindlessly entertaining, just so I can stick it to the authoritarian, over-scheduling yuppie man. Just sayin'...

Thought they teach responsibility, I don't think they are educational. They don't teach us math, or science, or history for that matter. But hey, shouldn't we be able to have a little fun?

I find that tamagotchi fit differently into the real of education. I am going to be a second year college student in the coming fall and I have several tamagotchi working as of now. I use them as a little stress-relief. When they chirp, I take a break from homework and care for them. I keep them paused in class, but they help me pass time in between.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back