Fall Out Boy album set back six weeks.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liz!

Reaction score
Fall Out Boy have postponed the release of they new studio album, Folie a Deux, by six weeks.

The follow up to last years, Infinity On High, album was due to be released in the US on Tuesday, November the fourth to coincide with the American Presidential campaigns. However, the band no longer think that it is appropriate to poke fun at what they call, 'The most important election of our time.'

"Six months ago we thought it would be a fun idea to release our album on election day, but this is not the election to be cute," They said in an official statement, "As much as the record is a social commentary and the term Folie a Deux(Which loosely translates as The Madness Of Two.) is relevant to the candidates, we felt as though rather than making a commentary we were only riding the wave of the election."

The band also want to say that while presidential candidate Obama may be from their home state of Chicago, they do not want to ram their own political views down peoples throats.

"We hope people will look at the bigger picture and investigate issues further on their own," they added.

Folie a Deux will now be released through Mercury Records on December 15.-Kerrang! Issue 1233.

Last edited by a moderator:
.... However, the band no longer think that it is appropriate to poke fun at what they call, 'The most important election of our time.' 

"Six months ago we thought it would be a fun idea to release our album on election day, but this is not the election to be cute," They said in an official statement, "As much as the record is a social commentary and the term Folie a Deux(Which loosely translates as The Madness Of Two.) is relevant to the candidates, we felt as though rather than making a commentary we were only riding the wave of the election."

The band also want to say that while presidential candidate Obama may be from their home state of Chicago, they do not want to ram their own political views down peoples throats.

"We hope people will look at the bigger picture and investigate issues further on their own," they added.

Folie a Deux will now be released through Mercury Records on December 15.-Kerrang! Issue 1233.
Hmmm... :p

Those statements make it sound like their Public Relations company / Spin Doctors managed to persuade them to act more like "normal, responsible mainstream musicians and role models for the young people of the USA" ;)

I want to order from the special pre-order thing, but I don't know how much it will cost to change the currency to Canadian.

It made sense why they changed the release date, but that doesn't mean I'm happy about it. xD

Yeah, I was thinking of pre-ordering it. But the currency exchange between America and Australia is...actually I have no clue. And also I love going to the mall after school to buy new albums with my friends, it is strangely heaps of fun. Mostly because we get to hug the security guard.

I would pre-order, but it'd be next to impossible to get even the un package. D:

I'll go pick it up at Hot Topic later. I'll make a pretty list of CDs. Funny to think it'd be out in a week otherwise. O:

Hmmm... :huh:
Those statements make it sound like their Public Relations company / Spin Doctors managed to persuade them to act more like "normal, responsible mainstream musicians and role models for the young people of the USA" :huh:
;) Yeah, I kinda thought the same...

I want to order from the special pre-order thing, but I don't know how much it will cost to change the cuSame. rrency to Canadian.
It made sense why they changed the release date, but that doesn't mean I'm happy about it. xD
Same. xD

And November 4th is this Tuesday, too. In what? Five days? D:

I've heard about this in a few other topics, too.

sdkjsa

D:

Why not move it back like, a day? D;

I can't wait 'till December.

-Splode-

I know.

And I just realised the original release date is in like, four days. D:

EDIT: OH MY GOD xD

Does anyone else have an ad at the bottom of the page that has a picture of Pete Wentz and says "Do you like Fall Out Boy?" on it?

It was just so random and sudden, I burst out in laughter.

DOUBLE EDIT: Now the ad says "Is Fall Out Boy dateable?" xDD

I know.And I just realised the original release date is in like, four days. D:

Does anyone else have an ad at the bottom of the page that has a picture of Pete Wentz and says "Do you like Fall Out Boy?" on it?

I have that ad =D

I hope that Folie a Deux doesnt take forever to come in the post. x3

I know.And I just realised the original release date is in like, four days. D:

I have that ad xD

Yes, as a matter of fact, I DO like Fall Out Boy.

EDIT: OH MY GOD xDDoes anyone else have an ad at the bottom of the page that has a picture of Pete Wentz and says "Do you like Fall Out Boy?" on it?

Mine says something like, "Did you want Obama to win or something?" x33

EDIT: It's, "Did Obama BUY the election?" XD

I don't want to preorder, as it may take forever to ship when I could have just got it at Hot Topic the day it released. :3

I'm gonna check with Hot Topic and see if I can reserve my copy there for when they come in. I think my friend did that about 2 years back with The Black Parade...

It would be good if I could swing that. If not, oh well.

Latest posts

Back