Photo
- - - - -

Bandai says no Tamagotchi Color for US!?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

~Monchi~

• monchi user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 December 2008 - 07:13 AM ( #35 )

Yes, I know. Ah, well. I gues your right! These tams are fun and better than nothing, too!

ichigotchilove

• ichigotchilove user photo

Posted 19 December 2008 - 04:15 PM ( #36 )

The TMGC+C doesn't have login/logout passwords, and so far there doesn't seem to be a pattern to the universal passwords we know of, so I doubt I would be able to generate any working passwords on my own.

P.S. if you're replying to a specific post (which isn't the most recent in the topic) you should click Quote instead of Add Reply. That way, people would be able to see which post you're replying to.

ahahah thanks binary.. it makes sense.

oh and did you want to join our tamagotchi fan page? i would love it!
its on facebook

xPicklex

• xpicklex user photo

Posted 19 December 2008 - 04:27 PM ( #37 )

Oh well. I don't really understand why they aren't comming out in the US... I mean, I would think they'd sell awesome here, but apparently they don't or whatever.
Sounds like Imma have to order mine from ebay then. :(

As for it being in Jap, I don't really mind; I could figure it out in 1 day tops.

DoveMuffin

• dovemuffin user photo

Posted 21 December 2008 - 05:34 PM ( #38 )

The TMGC+C doesn't have login/logout passwords, and so far there doesn't seem to be a pattern to the universal passwords we know of, so I doubt I would be able to generate any working passwords on my own.

I haven't had any passwords on my TMGC+C yet. Do they have those? I was under the impression that the whole tamatown was on the unit itself - but then again, I don't speak any Japanese. It would be really neat if they could also go online! Will it eventually do that?

Also - as a side note to anyone who has one - what does the magnifying glass do? My tama just waves it around and then does that happy dance. I'm not really sure what its purpose is.

DOVE
:lol: :furawatchi:

binary

• binary user photo
  • Group: Senior TamaTalk Guides

Posted 21 December 2008 - 07:59 PM ( #39 )

I haven't had any passwords on my TMGC+C yet. Do they have those? I was under the impression that the whole tamatown was on the unit itself - but then again, I don't speak any Japanese. It would be really neat if they could also go online! Will it eventually do that?

Also - as a side note to anyone who has one - what does the magnifying glass do? My tama just waves it around and then does that happy dance. I'm not really sure what its purpose is.

DOVE
:D :)

I don't think there's any way for them to go online, since there doesn't seem to be any way of getting a login password from them.

If you're lucky you might find a 4-leaf clover.

DoveMuffin

• dovemuffin user photo

Posted 22 December 2008 - 11:17 AM ( #40 )

OH! Ok. Thank you! I have been looking, but haven't found one yet. So far, it has been snowing and now storming outside. I wonder if it will be easier to find them when the weather is nice?

Dmo Ghostie~*

• dmo-ghostie user photo

Posted 22 December 2008 - 12:25 PM ( #41 )

Well, my family has no money so of course if it came in the US we couldn't have bought it.
But maybe it's in Japan only because the first tamas were released in Japan.

avril_lavigne101

• avril-lavigne101 user photo

Posted 22 December 2008 - 06:58 PM ( #42 )

i really think bandai should see how many people want in in the US ans in english..... maybe if enough people e-mail them they MIGHT relese tamagotchi color in english...

-Haru

• haru user photo

Posted 22 December 2008 - 08:32 PM ( #43 )

Ah well. Maybe no colored tamagotchis for America soon, but at least we get tamas at all. I mean, think about it. Tamagotchi originated in Japan, correct? Good thing we were able to get them. Lets just be thankful for the versions Bandai has provided us. I mean, It's christmas. Remember, you can always get a TMGC from Yesasia.com (though I find it to be rather expensive). For now, you guys should stop E-Mailing Bandai. Seems like they get enough letters from fans wondering about the "v6" or "colored Tama". When the time comes, they'll tell us. Like I said, be thankful.

-Haru

Edited by -Haru, 22 December 2008 - 08:32 PM.

GrapeOmapeO

• grapeomapeo user photo

Posted 22 December 2008 - 09:00 PM ( #44 )

I reackon they should have them in the US because theres just as manny fans as in Japan. But it would be hard because then Bandai would have to make the language English and ship it. so theres a good excuse not to realese them in the US. But I say they do it. Do you ever reackon (that if they do realese it in the US) ship and take a whole supplie to Aus and like sell them to Toys R Us and stuff like that? I live in the Aus but I could just buy it off Ebay or Amazon and have them ship it. Yeah but still theres fans from all over the world living in the Aus so yeah! ;)

Ryan Maguire

• ryan-maguire user photo

Posted 22 December 2008 - 09:23 PM ( #45 )

Ah well. Maybe no colored tamagotchis for America soon, but at least we get tamas at all. I mean, think about it. Tamagotchi originated in Japan, correct? Good thing we were able to get them. Lets just be thankful for the versions Bandai has provided us. I mean, It's christmas. Remember, you can always get a TMGC from Yesasia.com (though I find it to be rather expensive). For now, you guys should stop E-Mailing Bandai. Seems like they get enough letters from fans wondering about the "v6" or "colored Tama". When the time comes, they'll tell us. Like I said, be thankful.

-Haru

Hmm, there are a few things I agree and disagree with. Be thankful we get Tamagotchi's at all? Bandai originated in Japan and broadened their horizons to North America so they could produce more INCOME for their company. Why should I be thankful a company chose to make this move? Any smart company would do this, and Bandai did it. So what are we really thankful for? You seem to be confused.

xPicklex

• xpicklex user photo

Posted 22 December 2008 - 09:27 PM ( #46 )

Oh em gee, Bandai is racist. ;)

-Haru

• haru user photo

Posted 22 December 2008 - 09:28 PM ( #47 )

Hmm, there are a few things I agree and disagree with. Be thankful we get Tamagotchi's at all? Bandai originated in Japan and broadened their horizons to North America so they could produce more INCOME for their company. Why should I be thankful a company chose to make this move? Any smart company would do this, and Bandai did it. So what are we really thankful for? You seem to be confused.

I see your point (a bit.) But we should still be thankful regardless. *some people are starting to sound un-greatful. Be thankful Bandai is making new versions , that stores are still selling them! I mean, why ruin the holidays with listing what we don't have? I may seem confused, but I can a sure you I am not.

- Haru

Ryan Maguire

• ryan-maguire user photo

Posted 22 December 2008 - 09:32 PM ( #48 )

I mean, why ruin the holidays with listing what we don't have?

This is the rumor section though. ;)

rarach

• rarach user photo

Posted 22 December 2008 - 09:57 PM ( #49 )

assuming that bandai really isn't going to release a colour version in english, i think annoying the heck out of them with e-mail would send them a pretty clear message. i really don't think they would leave us out, though. i'd say that maybe right now they don't have one in the works, but i imagine that sometime in the future we'll get one. since their replies to previously sent e-mails were fairly generic, i don't know how much we can get out of them. i still think tons of e-mail from tama fans would make some sort of impact.

SailorRosette

• sailorrosette user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 24 December 2008 - 11:47 AM ( #50 )

Well, they probably will release them... But it will probably a while yet. I've also heard the tamawalkie may come as well. I would guess sometime spring or Summer.... Or holiday... :mellow:

Vicky Liu

• vicky-liu user photo

Posted 24 December 2008 - 01:16 PM ( #51 )

No Tamagotchi Colour fo US? Ok.....hmm......does that mean there will only be V6s in Japan? Not fair! (I live in Canada)

And then again, they're probably harder to make than normal tamagotchis.....?