Steampunk Tamagotchi

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

user 130101

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right place for this and if not, I apologise in advance (I looked but couldn't find anywhere better).

I recently fed my V4.5 a new battery and now take him everywhere but the trouble is; he is pink and I am not. Pink is good but it doesn't really go with anything else I own so I did something about it.

I steampunked my tamagotchi:

https://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c274/eth...1010630-1-1.jpg

https://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c274/eth...1010629-1-1.jpg

Now, he's a sort of odd pocket watch which I keep with me and he hangs from a bit of my skirt or my pocket. The fabric's suede off a pair of trousers and it's gotten darker as I've handled him. I'm hoping it'll look all worn and wonderful eventually.

It's just a case so the tama will come out if needed but it's stuck down with PVA glue at the edges of the screen for security and ease of removal. He's delightfully cushiony now and well protected but he is still in need of a suitably steampunky name so any suggestions would be most welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
:eek: Whoah! That's wild. & Good!

So its just a case?Or a new design/shell for your tama?Because if it is a design/shell then maybe you can have a picture of your tama on Mothras site where she puts pictures of custom tamas :D

Now that's classy.

I take my hat off to you, skullbubble.

Colortchi, do you have a link to that site with pics of custom tamas?

No, nothing as funky as a new case, although it would be wonderful to commission Datamancer or Jake Von Slatt to make one for me.

That elephant one does look rather snazzy and possible though. Perhaps I shall attack my next tama with air drying clay and see what happens.

That elephant one
I believe it's supposed to be a curled up dragon seen from above. Ears -> wings. Nose -> tail.

Aha. I did think it was a slightly odd looking elephant. The tail/nose looks rather like a tentacle too though, which confused me more, initially.

Wow! that's really wonderful.

Would you like me to add that to the tamenagerie customization page?

I'd like to see what you can do with a tama with no antenna! The new tamas won't have an antenna B)

Wow! that's really wonderful.
Would you like me to add that to the tamenagerie customization page?

I'd like to see what you can do with a tama with no antenna! The new tamas won't have an antenna :p
If you'd like.

I cut the antenna off a few days ago, with the help of a pair of scissors, pliers and a scalpel.

I'm working on getting some decent pictures of it (sans antenna) and I'll hopefully have some up by this time tomorrow.

Oh, so did you then modify your steam-punkization to a no antenna look?

And yeah, I can't tell you how tempted I have been to just fut those antennas off and using some Bond-O to smooth it all out.

I can't wait to see your final result :D

Okay, sorry about the no pictures yesterday. I remodeled it again and now it looks a good deal funkier at the top.

Yes, I have now altered it so that there's no antenna, steampunky or otherwise. I really hate those antennae. I liked the old design with the keyring at the top. If I could get my tama totally redesigned by someone like Mr von Slatt or Datamancer (or anyone else who knew about electronics), I'd have the keyring at the top and the IR thing on one side.

The hole in mine's full of blu-tac at the moment. I'm thinking of using some sort of air drying clay to smooth over the ole but that would run the risk of making it damp inside so for the moment I'm not doing anything.

I will put new pics up at some point, once I can get decent ones (they really need to be taken outside since my camera, although expensive, doesn't take brilliant photos indoors but it's been raining a lot recently.) :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
^ and ^^, that was kinda rude.He/She most likely worked hard on that and cant tell them to change it again.I very much like it ;)

Wow, that looks cool!

The most customization I've tried to do with a tamagotchi was to remove the color.... with nail polish remover. nail polish remover and tamagotchis don't mix, i'll tell ya that, XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back