TOO MANY TAMAGOTCHI! :(

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BuddiLuvsYew

Reaction score
OK, I have been using tamagotchi since.... uhhh.... 2004 or 2005.

And almost every year they come out with a new version, with all these pretty colors that I want to buy.

But this year, right before Chrsitmas, I started to feel overwhelmed.

I had 10-13 at the time.

I thought, I have too many! They are like, taking over my life!

I felt like it was ridiculous, so I decided to lock them up in my closet, and never get them out again.

But that wasnt enough.

I HAD to get rid of them. I dont know why. I just HAD to....

So, I gave six of them to my mom to get rid of them for good. (That means send them to Goodwill, I would never throw them away.)

I kept two or three that had some sort of "sentimental value".

But I still have TOO MANY!

I bought some new ones with some Christmas money, because they were so pretty. (I regret this now.)

I currently have....

1 V1

2 V2s

2 V4.5s

3 V5s

and a Music Star.

Thats nine.

I feel like its WAY too many... I wish I just had one... But I cant get rid of them because some of them I just bought and others have some "sentimental value"

What should I do?!

I dont want to get rid of my tamas for good..... but I dont want to have this many... I honestly just want one or two so I can connect them and have babies and stuff.....

I honestly dont know what to do. I feel overwhelmed... but I still really like tamas. Just... not this many....

I dont know how the people with hundreds manage....

PLease Help!

I know how you feel. I used to play 4 tamagotchi at one time. They would constantly beep and it felt like it was taking over my life! Then I went on a "Tamagotchi fast" for 3 days I took to batteries out and didn't touch them for 2 months. But only play with one at a time, stick the peice of paper that came with it back in and put it in your closet until you are bored with that tama. Just play with one at a time. I have 5 tamas but right now I'm only playing my v4. Take it easy:)

Wow, that's almost exactly what i went through. =o

I had like 12 tamagotchis and then i got mad that i had too much so i gave about half of them to my friends. Then i got more tamas and now i'm back up to 10.

I just keep them all but take the batteries out of the ones i don't play with.

Now i WANT to keep all my tamas because if you get bored of the version(s) that you're currently playing with, you can just switch to other ones. =)

Now i'm thinking if i should start to play with my V5 again. I'm just staring furiously at it trying to decide. xP

Or should i go to the V3? Ack.

Yeah, I can feel overwhelmed with even 4, at times. :eek:

I suggest just taking the batteries of all of them except 1 or 2; that way you still have some to take care of, but you don't have to feel overwhelmed. And switch versions as you wish. ;)

Just tab them back out or just take out the battery ;)

Then when you want to use certain ones, put in batteries and play with them.You don't need to have every Tama you have on and running.I have 13, and only have a few running.I like it that way :eek:

Use different ones, at different times. ;D

Well, for starters, when a new version comes out try reading a few logs first and find out a few things about it because there might be some things that make you think twice before buying. Only get one, though I guess you have some excuse if there's no backward-compatibility with that particular version. Though if you think about it, soon enough there'll probably be some sort of half version that lets you connect!

As others have said, don't raise them all at once! When you're busier, perhaps raise your v1 and one of your v2s (or if you have a little more time both of your v2s) because v1 doesn't take up that much time to care for and I've never had a v2 but I think they're quite similar to the v1 besides the shop/Gotchi Points on it and double the amount of characters. Also, v1 and v2 can communicate :) Another combination you could raise if you're busy are two of your v5s- or all of them. If you have quite a bit of time on your hands, raise one or both v4.5s or the Music Star (I don't have one but from what I've heard they do require quite a bit of care).

I usually only have one or two tams (at the most) going at a time. The others just sit there until I decide to pull them out and use them again. Don't get rid of them yet! Lock them away if you have to, but if you get rid of them now, before you have time to really think about it, you may regret it. I know I got rid of most of mine once, and even though I'm starting to build my collection back up, I still regret it. Good luck!

I only have 1 Tamagotchi running at a time.

All my other Tamagotchis are in my room in a drawer.

But I'll never throw them out incase I get bored of the Version I am running, 'cuz then I can just switch the batteries & play with a new one. :]

So don't throw them out, run 1 at a time (or more, if you want), & if you get bored with it, switch it with another. :]

I currently have my Aquapalz dolphin, dinkie dino, 4 in 1 dinkie, tamagotchi mini, Japanese V5, celebrity V5 and my music star going. I'm up to a total of 44 in my collection. That's not too many to me. I might cut down a bit for school, but I'm still happy collecting as many as I can.

Wow 10, the most I had going was 4 at once, till I got tired of having to take 4 of them with me everywhere. The weird thing is once I took the batters out of them, to take a break, I would still think I heard them beeping every so ofter. :huh: Right now though I only have my music star going, and the rest are in one of the boxes in my box collection. I want to keep them but my major problem is that when I get bored with them I like to take them apart, I so far went Frankenstein on pretty much every version. I hated my V5 so much I didn't even put it back together.

I used to have 8 running at once. :huh:

I paused most of them or took out the battery, now I only have a few running :]

Don't worry about it I went through the same thing. Lucky me I have a lot of girl friends in anime club.

They never had a tamagotchi so I gave them all of my old ones. Now i'm back down to two, my friends use my old ones and we still connect and all of that fun stuff. :lol: This way I still see all of my "babies"

Give it a shot. :blink:

I agree with the idea about taking out the batteries of most of the tamas and putting them somewhere, and then playing with the tamas of your choice. I'm running my v. 4.5 and my v. 5, and I have a v. 3, but there's no plans to reactivate my v.3 until/unless I get bored with one of the other tamas. Giving old tamas to friends is another great option. Form a tama club and stay in contact with your friends, give them old tamas from your collection, and have fun! Hope this works out for you!

I have

2 V1's

1 V2

1 V3

1 V4

2 V5's

and a mini.

That's 8.

And I had a P1 or P2 when I was little.

I only keep one running at a time, which currently is my Cookie Dough V5 from America.

There's no Cookie Dough Tamas in Australia so I hide my rare design with a tamagotchi case.. it's hot pink.

Altogether I have 5 tamagotchis. Right now I only have 2 running. Which is my V3 and V4. I'm not bored yet....But before I had like, 10 tamagotchis before....It was like, I had 2 V3's, 4 V4's, and 3 V5's. That's 9!!. Oh, and I had a P1. So that's 10. When I got bored, I take their batteries out and put them in my safe(I have one!). So right now only 2 is active.

~ilovekuchipa555~

at the most i have 2 running because then they can bread now i have 1 on (because i cant find the "safe place" that i always say ill remember at the end of school holidays <_< ) some times i keep it at 1 because every one in my class goes through a tama craze so ill just bread it with my friend :lol:

~Uh-Oh, I think some of you misunderstood me...

OK, I would NEVER have 10 running at a time! LOL I would like, die.

The most that I've ever had running was four... maybe five a long time ago.

The reason i was feeling overwhelmed, is that i would almost CONSTANTLY be wanting to switch versions, or colors, or something because I liked that tama. So, I wouldnt really be enjoying my tams because I had too many, and kept switching them out. I was too tempted to switch them out whilst I had that many. I wasnt overwhelmed because of RUNNING that many, just the fact that I HAD that many drove me absolutely insane.

~Now I have nine, but I STILL want to switch some of them out. (Well, not switch so much as just use more than I really want to use, which is one or two)

So, if I locked them up, I'd still be really tempted to open the box, and switch 'em out.

I'm not AS tempted to get out my old ones, because I used them so much and I've had them for such a long time. I'm kind of bored of them to be honest LOL

I am currently running my V4.5's and my V5 and one of my Celebrities. I dont feel as overwhelmed now, because the V5s are extremely easy to use, and the v4.5s are really fun.

~I think my problem is, right now, I really like V4.5's, espescially connecting them. That means I have to have both of them running. But, I like having my V5's on the side because they are relatively new, and I have a lot of fun with them.

V5's are boring by themselves, and need to be run along another tamagotchi (v4.5s)

But the v4.5's are only REALLY fun when you can connect them, which means two.

Thats 4 tams total, and I only want one or two. A v4.5 and a v5 running together would be rather boring, I think.

Ughhhh I hate this D:

Like I said, they are taking over my life D:

Don't worry about it I went through the same thing. Lucky me I have a lot of girl friends in anime club.They never had a tamagotchi so I gave them all of my old ones. Now i'm back down to two, my friends use my old ones and we still connect and all of that fun stuff.  ;)   This way I still see all of my "babies"

Give it a shot. :D
Lucky you! LOL

All the people in my anime club are these really icky fat nerds... XD They scare me.... there are hardly any girls in that club.. maybe one or two.

I could just leave all my tams in a box on the table and not say anything.... LOL I dont really go to my anime club anymore because it was boring.

PS: how old are you? jw. I'm 14, so I dont know if anyone in anime club would even want one XD

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow 10, the most I had going was 4 at once, till I got tired of having to take 4 of them with me everywhere. The weird thing is once I took the batters out of them, to take a break, I would still think I heard them beeping every so ofter.  Right now though I only have my music star going, and the rest are in one of the boxes in my box collection. I want to keep them but my major problem is that when I get bored with them I like to take them apart, I so far went Frankenstein on pretty much every version. I hated my V5 so much I didn't even put it back together.

LOL I like to take mine apart, too. I find it interesting. PS: Dont try and debug a v4.5 D: I did that the other day, and it didnt work. The whole thing was completely spazzing! I thought it was broken. It was a pain to un-debug it ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Lucky you! LOLAll the people in my anime club are these really icky fat nerds... XD They scare me.... there are hardly any girls in that club.. maybe one or two.

I could just leave all my tams in a box on the table and not say anything.... LOL I dont really go to my anime club anymore because it was boring.

PS: how old are you? jw. I'm 14, so I dont know if anyone in anime club would even want one XD
lol! well. i just turned 15 i'm a sophomore.

my anime club is big enough that we fill the entire theatre. with a couple of empty sections int he back.

it's a 100 person theatre

(my school hates the arts. :D )

we watch anime in ours on the theatres scren is be cool. o_O

but yeah all of my friends love it. i sent out a bulletin saying i got the v5.5 and they all started fipping out.

i've never really joined a tama fan site until this one so i'm not really like watching out for new tamas.

if i see a new one in the store and if i have the cash i'll get it.

another idea. gifts to younger siblings?

o_o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back