My Meebas Reveiw

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikachi

Reaction score
Ok, so yesterday my dad took us to Target to (waste) spend our Christmas money. So, walking through the very disorganized toy section (they obviously hadn't cleaned up since Christmas eve) I came across a bright pink tube thingy. On closer inspection, I saw it was called 'My Meebas' and that it was a sort of digital pet. I figured that it probably wasn't quite up to Tamagotchi standards, but hey, you never know until you try, right? (which means that I couldn't stand not knowing what was inside the thing, and my curiosity won out) So, 20 bucks later, I had a Meebas and was looking at the instructions on the living room carpet, trying to make since of the gibberish while at the same time trying to keep my brothers Roboquad from attacking my sneakers.

Let the fun begin.

Part One: The instructions

The 2 sheet instructions came folded up into a tiny square taped to the back of the package. The first page is just a big picture of the toy. The second sheet is where the so called 'instructions' started.

(I don't have the instructions, so this is from memory)

'To start the game, press any button to turn on the device. Then slide the screen to the lowest position and hold it for 2 seconds to exit the try me mode. Then slide it to the top position to calibrate the device and start playing.'

That's a lot of big words for the instructions of a toy labeled age 7 and up. So of course I didn't get it the first 5 times either. I tried all sorts of different ways to get it to leave the demo mode. Once I actually got it, it started beeping at me, like an obnoxious alarm clock.

'Once your meebas is awake, you can slide the screen up and down to explore your environment. You can also use the arrow buttons to swim from side to side and approach a hot spot.'

Ok. I slid it away from the blinky, beepy thingy, and pressed the buttons a few times. Ok. That makes sense.

'Once you approach a hot spot, you will see a blinking light and hear a bell noise. Press the selection button to enter the hot spot'

So that's what those are called. But bell noise does NOT describe the obnoxious beeping noise.

'On the right side are games. On the left side is nourishment.'

What? Do you mean that the hot spots on the right are to the games, and the left ones somehow nourish your thingy?

'Play games and nourish your creature to earn hearts. Once you have three hearts, you can evolve your creature. You can select either your current Meebas to continue to earn hearts, up to 5, or you can select the question mark to evolve your meebas. Once your meebas has evolved, it cannot go back to the previous evolution.'

Alright.

'Final Meebas: Once your meebas has reached the final evolution, you can choose to open the tube, and your Meebas is revealed! You can store your toy in the tube and continue to play games. Note: gameplay is limited after the tube is opened.'

Limited?!? What does that mean?!?

Part 2: Raising the blob

Ok, in the beginning the baby Meebas looks like an up-side-down raindrop with a face. Fairly cute, except that when I 'Nourished' it, it would get sucked into its own food bottle. Ho-hum.

After playing around with it, I managed to get it to evolve into some sort of 3 tentacled octopus thingy. Much to my non surprise, only 1 of the 3 selectable games changed (see section 3 for games). It went from the flower shuffling game to the flower eating game. Huh. Yet another evolution turned it into a toilet seat. With a face. Cute, no? Now it was the flower finding, and then eating, game. Another evolution, another blob. This one looked like a potato with arms. And it played basket ball. Yet another evolution turned it into a much larger type of the 3 tentacled octopus. This one didn't eat flowers, it planted them. Another transformation turned it into something I can not describe. It watered flowers, underwater. The final transformation turned it into...continued in section 4

Part 3: Games

Game spot one: Matching.

12 cards are layed out on the screen, and you have to match them. However, only 3 symbols are used: an X looking thingy, a flower looking thingy, and a happy dude. Once you screw up 4 matches, the game is over. Or you match them all. That works too.

Game spot two: Bowling.

Your blob goes into a hole, and comes out in a bowling ball (yes, INSIDE the see-through bowling ball). then an arrow moves across the screen. If you press the middle button when It's in the middle, you might get a strike. You get 3 tries.

Game spot three: This one changes.

Baby game: Flower shuffling

Three big flowers show up, thour blob swims into one of them, and the flowers start to shuffle. You have to guess which one it's in.

Game 2: Flower eating

Your blob swims through the middle of the screen, and flowers pass by beneath. You press the middle button to make it swim down and eat them. Either you eat enough, and it burps, or you didn't and it's sad.

Game 3: Flower finding, then eating

You swim up and down to find the hidden flower and eat it. You have to find 8 in the time limit.

Game 4: basket ball

Your blob moves up and down, and you press the middle button at the right time to shoot the ball into the flower.

Game 5: Flower planting

You press the middle button at the right time to get your blob to drop a seed into a pot.

Game 6: Flower watering

You press the arrow buttons to water the flowers and keep them alive for as long as possible.

Part four: Opening the can

...Giant thing! It blocks out the screen! Now, I know that it said that you can select to open the tube, but no matter what button I press, even at the opening the tube screen, NOTHING HAPPENS! In the end I pried it open with a knife, accidentally reseting the game in the process. Oops. Turns out the little lock that was supposed to open once it reached the last evolution was stuck. Or else I didn't figure out how to get it to click. But I got the tube open! My curiosity can be satisfied!

A little, under-stuffed, ugly blue blob with fat lips and tiny eyes fell into my lap. And the sad thing: I'M ALREADY ATTACHED TO IT!

So, in conclusion, unless you can read gibberish and think that a little under-stuffed blob is cute, you really should save your twenty dollars and buy something else.

Nice review. I was wondering about those tubes myself. :mimitchi:

Here is how to open your MEEBAS

If the Meeba has grown to the size where it completely fills the screen, then you're at the last level. Move down so that you can see it smiling at you, and then press the middle button. All you can do at this point is play random games. Keep playing games with it, once you've filled 3 hearts you'll get a screen come up with the Meeba on one side and an image of the toy with its lid open on the other. Click the arrow across to point to the toy image, and that's it, your Meeba will pop out in a few seconds

I bought one a while ago... when I had money. Then I played with it for about an hour and opened the hatch... Then I never really played with it again... I found it to be pretty boring.... I know I could reset it and all but, what is the fun of it if you know what is going to happen to the critter...

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah man, I hated that thing, It took me like a week to open it and I couldn't even go one game without being "Oh my gosh! I need to sleep!" It was that boring... I couldn't stand it!

But yeah, same here once my little pink squid came out I was hooked on it too...

It's so cute!!!

Then I lost it under my bed, found it, and now it sleeps under my pillow, all day...

I check on it! But I love my tama's more...

So once the plush toy comes out, you can't play with it anymore?

What a waste of money!

Nice Review.

I am thinking about getting one soon. Yeah, I guess it would just be another item to give me comfort at night when I go to bed.

I already sleep with a stuffed white gorilla, multi-colored bunny, baby simba, tiny plush frog, cocker spaniel webkinz, stufffed chihuahua, and my new puppy maui. So, I suppose this could be her little buddie.

My Meebas would give me something to do this summer, I guess. BTW-if anyone has a My Life handheld please PM. [Maybe I'll collect all of the different colored My Meebas tubes!lol ;)

XD I loved how you wrote this, I was curious about getting one for my little brother just to see how it worked but after reading this I've decided to steer away from it and get him something he'd understand and enjoy better. Reading through this made me giggle at some parts but I liked the review. Thank you for posting this!! :mellow:

They have new ones that you can see them in the tube. They are twins... and looks like the games are gone but they just talk now. I am thinking they don't do much at all. Just contain the critters and talk. Currently at my shop, they are 13... I like the critters but paying that much is still over the top.

Chances are some little kid will want them... and then push the buttons until they open. Carry them together and then loose them in the store or something...and not care. They'd be better off selling them like a Littlest Pet Shop V.I.P. or a Neopets KeyQuest plush....

To Sailor Rosette:

Hmm, I haven't seen those here in Utah. The see-through ones, I mean. And I agree, they cost way too much for a cheesy game and a little plushie. I think that they spent so much time and money on the advertisements and the locking mechanism for the tube to program it well or make the plushies worth the 20 bucks I paid. I should have just gotten another Tama.

To all:

Thanks for commenting on this. I didn't think It would be that popular... :)

ENIT, they fookin rip you off, i got it for my birthday in september last year JUST asd tthey came out... THE BATTERIES RAN OUT THE SAME DAY! the pet's fkin crinjled aswell.

They have new ones that you can see them in the tube. They are twins... and looks like the games are gone but they just talk now. I am thinking they don't do much at all. Just contain the critters and talk. Currently at my shop, they are 13... I like the critters but paying that much is still over the top.
Chances are some little kid will want them... and then push the buttons until they open. Carry them together and then loose them in the store or something...and not care. They'd be better off selling them like a Littlest Pet Shop V.I.P. or a Neopets KeyQuest plush....
Here at Guatemala they have the purple, pink and green meebas, i will be glad if you could see what you will be getting, i almost ask my mom for the green one for X-mas, THANK YOU A LOT!

EDIT: KuroMametchi cool down...

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, so yesterday my dad took us to Target to (waste) spend our Christmas money. So, walking through the very disorganized toy section (they obviously hadn't cleaned up since Christmas eve) I came across a bright pink tube thingy. On closer inspection, I saw it was called 'My Meebas' and that it was a sort of digital pet. I figured that it probably wasn't quite up to Tamagotchi standards, but hey, you never know until you try, right? (which means that I couldn't stand not knowing what was inside the thing, and my curiosity won out) So, 20 bucks later, I had a Meebas and was looking at the instructions on the living room carpet, trying to make since of the gibberish while at the same time trying to keep my brothers Roboquad from attacking my sneakers.
Let the fun begin.

Part One: The instructions

The 2 sheet instructions came folded up into a tiny square taped to the back of the package. The first page is just a big picture of the toy. The second sheet is where the so called 'instructions' started.

(I don't have the instructions, so this is from memory)

'To start the game, press any button to turn on the device. Then slide the screen to the lowest position and hold it for 2 seconds to exit the try me mode. Then slide it to the top position to calibrate the device and start playing.'

That's a lot of big words for the instructions of a toy labeled age 7 and up. So of course I didn't get it the first 5 times either. I tried all sorts of different ways to get it to leave the demo mode. Once I actually got it, it started beeping at me, like an obnoxious alarm clock.

'Once your meebas is awake, you can slide the screen up and down to explore your environment. You can also use the arrow buttons to swim from side to side and approach a hot spot.'

Ok. I slid it away from the blinky, beepy thingy, and pressed the buttons a few times. Ok. That makes sense.

'Once you approach a hot spot, you will see a blinking light and hear a bell noise. Press the selection button to enter the hot spot'

So that's what those are called. But bell noise does NOT describe the obnoxious beeping noise.

'On the right side are games. On the left side is nourishment.'

What? Do you mean that the hot spots on the right are to the games, and the left ones somehow nourish your thingy?

'Play games and nourish your creature to earn hearts. Once you have three hearts, you can evolve your creature. You can select either your current Meebas to continue to earn hearts, up to 5, or you can select the question mark to evolve your meebas. Once your meebas has evolved, it cannot go back to the previous evolution.'

Alright.

'Final Meebas: Once your meebas has reached the final evolution, you can choose to open the tube, and your Meebas is revealed! You can store your toy in the tube and continue to play games. Note: gameplay is limited after the tube is opened.'

Limited?!? What does that mean?!?

Part 2: Raising the blob

Ok, in the beginning the baby Meebas looks like an up-side-down raindrop with a face. Fairly cute, except that when I 'Nourished' it, it would get sucked into its own food bottle. Ho-hum.

After playing around with it, I managed to get it to evolve into some sort of 3 tentacled octopus thingy. Much to my non surprise, only 1 of the 3 selectable games changed (see section 3 for games). It went from the flower shuffling game to the flower eating game. Huh. Yet another evolution turned it into a toilet seat. With a face. Cute, no? Now it was the flower finding, and then eating, game. Another evolution, another blob. This one looked like a potato with arms. And it played basket ball. Yet another evolution turned it into a much larger type of the 3 tentacled octopus. This one didn't eat flowers, it planted them. Another transformation turned it into something I can not describe. It watered flowers, underwater. The final transformation turned it into...continued in section 4

Part 3: Games

Game spot one: Matching.

12 cards are layed out on the screen, and you have to match them. However, only 3 symbols are used: an X looking thingy, a flower looking thingy, and a happy dude. Once you screw up 4 matches, the game is over. Or you match them all. That works too.

Game spot two: Bowling.

Your blob goes into a hole, and comes out in a bowling ball (yes, INSIDE the see-through bowling ball). then an arrow moves across the screen. If you press the middle button when It's in the middle, you might get a strike. You get 3 tries.

Game spot three: This one changes.

Baby game: Flower shuffling

Three big flowers show up, thour blob swims into one of them, and the flowers start to shuffle. You have to guess which one it's in.

Game 2: Flower eating

Your blob swims through the middle of the screen, and flowers pass by beneath. You press the middle button to make it swim down and eat them. Either you eat enough, and it burps, or you didn't and it's sad.

Game 3: Flower finding, then eating

You swim up and down to find the hidden flower and eat it. You have to find 8 in the time limit.

Game 4: basket ball

Your blob moves up and down, and you press the middle button at the right time to shoot the ball into the flower.

Game 5: Flower planting

You press the middle button at the right time to get your blob to drop a seed into a pot.

Game 6: Flower watering

You press the arrow buttons to water the flowers and keep them alive for as long as possible.

Part four: Opening the can

...Giant thing! It blocks out the screen! Now, I know that it said that you can select to open the tube, but no matter what button I press, even at the opening the tube screen, NOTHING HAPPENS! In the end I pried it open with a knife, accidentally reseting the game in the process. Oops. Turns out the little lock that was supposed to open once it reached the last evolution was stuck. Or else I didn't figure out how to get it to click. But I got the tube open! My curiosity can be satisfied!

A little, under-stuffed, ugly blue blob with fat lips and tiny eyes fell into my lap. And the sad thing: I'M ALREADY ATTACHED TO IT!

So, in conclusion, unless you can read gibberish and think that a little under-stuffed blob is cute, you really should save your twenty dollars and buy something else.
YOUR SUPPOSED TO MOVE THE SCREEN UPWARDS TO OPEN IT. AN ARROW SHOULD HAVE APPEARED TELLING YOU TO DO SO.

Ah I see. I was curious about those.

Now that I know that it is a rather cheap toy with a gimick and zero replay value, I will not be getting one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back