Socially Unexceptable?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BuddiLuvsYew

Reaction score
I dont understand why tamagotchi are so socially unexceptable.

Tons of people my age (14+) play video games, and tamagotchi is kind of like a game.

But if people at my school knew I played with tamagotchi, either they would think I was nuts, make fun of me, or it would spark their interest and they would go get one. The first two options are more likely to happen.

There is nothing wrong with having a virtual pet! So why do we have to hide them?

I dont understand how people think it is so childish to have one. People have nintendogs, which is even more simpler than tamagotchi in some ways, and its a virtual pet, but its "okay" to have that.

I dont get it.

Tamagotchi is not childish at all! Its a rather complex game that takes a lot of time and energy and understanding. But is not "socially exceptable".

I hate society.

Tamas are cute :p

In my opinion Tamagotchi is completely exceptable. It is just that people have been taought and have the idea planted in their brains that they see a Tama and a red flag goes up for the and says. "Caring for a creature in a shell...GIRLY" or things like that. They are exceptable it's just the way people think.

Sometimes it seems like a question of maturity. People, or society in general I suppose, expect a person to leave 'toys' behind once you enter middle school, but that's a complete myth. People who think they've left toys behind just move on to a more sophisticated toy, i.e, ipods, cell phones and laptops.

As far as I'm concerned, there's nothing wrong with having a tamagotchi, or more than one for that matter. I'm 23 and I have seven, ranging fromt he vintage 90's version to the present Connection and so on. It keeps me busy when I have nothing to do, it's fun, and it's not hurting anyone. Who cares what people think, right? :p :p

I'm 25 years old, and I have approx 15 tams. My hubby used to tease me until I pointed out that he played his xbox more than I play with my tams. It's definitely a matter of perspective. Remember, in school, & often in society in general, anything different is automatically stigmatized. I know that the reason I'm attached to my tams is because I was in 6th grade or so when they first came out & I got attached to them then. Don't hate society BuddiLuvsYew, just ignore or avoid the people that upset you. :p

I agree BuddiLuvsYew in my school they were really poular in my school(for about a month) then you would be a socail outcast if you mentained the word 'Tamagotchi'.

At my high school, if you play any thing that is meant or 'little kids' then your an official social outcast. It's not that I really care what all those people think about me, but I'd rather keep my level of social sanity on the scale instead of way off, if you know what I mean :D

Idk, I guess it's just that kids can be tough to negociate with :S

I want to add to my last post. I gave up be 'socail' a long time ago so it doesn't matter if they dont like Tamagotchis but i still think its dumb to be a socail outcast if u mentain the word 'Tamagotchi'. ;)

It is dumb but it's the way society is now a days.

You can't change it, so you might as well try your best.

I bring mine to work. Nobody cares!

I work around mostly men. Swearing, disgusting filthy men. They don't mind at all.

The old lady I work with asks about them. She enjoys them and thinks they are cute.

Nobody thinks less of me because I play with them. It's more of a point of interest than anything else. :angry:

Basic human nature is to be superior and not disliked by the world or enviroment

its in your DNA that you ''humans'' do not like to be different or ''made fun of''

humans wish to be in a part of a group

ex like a wolf pack

in a wolf pack they all have similarities

but theres something called a lone wolf or in human ''LONER''

the lone wolf will wander on its on trying to be like the other pack so he can

be socially excepted if not he will die and wondering on his own

but in human the human will go crazy

so humans do not want to be different

but some do witch they join a different group that accept them and have the similarities they

all enjoy and the best thing to do is dont care about wut other groups of ppl think stick to

your group and ur friends and wat you like to do

humans also lie to be part of a group

although thats not a smart idea

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed. humans r socail. but some want to actually stand out and not 'blend' in. i dont actually care what ppl think(about me) but still its really annoying how you HAVE to like what other ppl like or else ur isolated. im gonna stop cuz im going off topic.

at my school almost everyone in my class LOVES tamagotchis

and I was the 1st to discover them and i even showed the whole class but somebody said that THEY taught everone about tamagotchis ur way off subjet

thats all bye

Look - I'm thirteen, and I openly play with my tamagotchi, at school and home. The 'cool kids' tease me constantly, but my friends support me, as most of them are either current or past tamagotchi owners. Sure, in some ways I am a social outcast, as the cool kids have made it near-impossible to socialize with anyone outside of my little circle (vicious rumors bite). Still, popularity isn't the important thing, at least not to me. I'd rather just play with my tamagotchi.

I mean come on! My 55 year old uncle has one!

I dont understand why tamagotchi are so socially unexceptable. Tons of people my age (14+) play video games, and tamagotchi is kind of like a game.

But if people at my school knew I played with tamagotchi, either they would think I was nuts, make fun of me, or it would spark their interest and they would go get one. The first two options are more likely to happen.

There is nothing wrong with having a virtual pet! So why do we have to hide them?

I dont understand how people think it is so childish to have one. People have nintendogs, which is even more simpler than tamagotchi in some ways, and its a virtual pet, but its "okay" to have that.

I dont get it.

Tamagotchi is not childish at all! Its a rather complex game that takes a lot of time and energy and understanding. But is not "socially exceptable".

I hate society.

Tamas are cute :(
i totally agree with you, but, luckely, i'm one of those people that couldn't care less of the opinions of others! (btw, i'm 14 also)

:) ;) :kuribotchi: kutchi999 :mametchi: :mametchi: :mametchi:

I always thought about that, too. :rolleyes: Why everybody thinks they are childish toys for only 7- year olds?! They are NOT! B)

In my School everyone crowds round me and my Best Freind and asks questions. Two of my Freinds are VERY interested in my Tamagotchi 'Pecan'.

But then, when I go to Secondry School, I'm gonna have to hide it.

It seems that Older Children don't like them. I don't see what's wrong with Tamagotchis.

Maybe I could risk being made fun of and try changing that.

High chance I'll Chicken out of it, Knowin' me.

Heh, I'm 14 too.

Well I'm sorry to say but I do feel ashamed to bring out my Tamagotchi in public. When I'm visiting my friends I don't mind using it in front of them. It's just when we go to the grocery store or someplace else public like that I either leave my tama in the car or I bring it in but put it on mute. Since I'm a 14 year old male I feel ashamed to show myself playing my tama when I'm supposed to just like video games. (Actually I do love video games but that's not all I like) I guess I shouldn't be to ashamed though. The reason I enjoy tamas is because I look at it as a game. I find it fun to try and figure out how the growth pattern works and such, what certain items do and I also like to try and achieve every character. Also, as my user name shows, I also like to breed tamas. ;) These reasons are why I'm having a blast with my Music Star. It's a fresh new tama that we need to figure out how it works. A new fun challenge! ;)

Anyway, thought I would add my two cents. ;)

I take mine to school as much as I can, actually.

Most of the girls think it's cute..

Some of the guys think that it should die...

It's about 50/50.

I don't care what they think. I like my Tamagotchi :ph34r:

As for 'socially unexceptable'...

I guess it could be viewed that way.

Mainly, the people here think that if you have a Tamagotchi, it's because you have no real friends :lol:

I think it's like saying that "If you have a dog, you have no friends."

Just...dumb, in my eyes.

I bring my Tamagotchi everywhere, except... school. For Pete's sake, you should have seen the stares people gave me when I was playing with my V4s on the bus , while they were using cell phones and i-pods. You would have thought I committed a crime or something. Anyways, seeing (er, well reading) all you brave people that bring your Tama to work & school, I am going to be brave as well and take them to school with me.

wow...well like i said earlier, i couldn't care less! it's funny, today, i wuz in art, and my music star beeped, so i whipped it out to see wut wuz wrong, then once i corrected it, i pulled out my V.s 5 and 5.5 to see if they were hungry or sad, and this kid next to me said "Really?" so i'm like, "Yuss! i love my tamas, and if i cared wut you thought, i wouldn't have taken them out in front of you!" so then i kept on playing with them!

i just thought everyone should about my tale of heroism and courage! jk!

tamas FTW!

:furawatchi: ^_^ :lol: kutchi999 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back