The old days?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kuchipatchi rulz

Reaction score
Well does anyone else remember the old days when the V1's had just came out?

Everyone had them, connected with everyone, made loads of friends etc.

I remember having fun connecting my Tama's with my friends on a nice Summer's day.

Im not saying the new Tama's are not cool/as cool as the old ones, in my opinion i prefer the new ones.

But does anyone else remember the first releases of V1 Tama's?

Cya! :rolleyes:

I do! I was in 3rd grade I think, everyone had one! We were allowed them at school and we connected with everyone! You would have a full friend list in the matter of 2 hours.

It was physcotic, but fun :p

Then the principals of every elementry school had to go and ban them.. that's basically when kids stopped playing with them :D

Yeah, back then, everybody had a Tamagotchi, and it wasn't just for lil kids, and it was for boys and girls, nobody cared! Even though, I am a girl, my ahh Guy Friends don't think they can have one

Do I remember then? Heck, I remember when I was a baby and my mum had one of the very first tamas! I chewed one of the buttons off XD. It's still arond somewhere. But I think they've definatly got better. The one my mum had wasn't that good. No,rubbish!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all your comments guys! its great reading them all! be sure too keep em' coming!

I used to love those basic cyber pets, i remember having a green dinosaur one, it was awesome!

The only problem with them was that you couldn't pause them and they didnt have as much characters/games as todays Tama's.

Cya! <_<

Then the principals of every elementry school had to go and ban them.. that's basically when kids stopped playing with them.
Yep, exactly what happened when I was in the 5th grade. We loved them. They took them away! It was actually ridicolous too, the school was so mad, I remeber being furious! <_< (I can't believe I remember that far back! That was 6 years ago!)

i was in grade 7 when the first tamas came out and i remember begging my mom for it and she wouldn't buy me one. so i asked for money from my grandma and lied to my mom and told her that i was going to a friend's house to do a project but i actually went to the mall and bought myself my first ever tama!!! very fond memories, i got the Bill character on my first try!

oh the good old days. i used to have the pink and yellow v1 tama and i'm trying to find it on ebay and they're going for $30 now.. i just wish i remember where i kept my old one, i'd put in new batteries and relive my childhood!

Oh yeah, I remember when they first came out. I still have my v1 and v2. I don't know where they are now, but I do have them somewhere in a drawer. One of the reasons why I decided to buy tamagotchis again..they bring back old memories from when I was younger. I don't think I ever got them taken away though. I was always good at hiding them. It was cool though, I had all kinds of other ones too.

I wish I had taken better care of my tamagotchis. Right now, my v1 is so badly stractched that I can't see the charecter in the screen!

My V1 and V2 Tama's are in a bad state.

I debugged my V1, it worked, but still id rather it be how it was.

I tried to debug my V2, it went terribly wrong and it doesn't work now, i now know not to try debug my Tama's. :)

My V3, V4, V4.5 and V5 are all fine though, except they don't have batteries :p

Cya! ;)

My V1 and V2 Tama's are in a bad state.I debugged my V1, it worked, but still id rather it be how it was.

I tried to debug my V2, it went terribly wrong and it doesn't work now, i now know not to try debug my Tama's. :)

My V3, V4, V4.5 and V5 are all fine though, except they don't have batteries :p

Cya! ;)
If you slightly rub ans eraser where you debugged it, it can un-debug it. But do it lightly remember, it could be dangerous.

I did know but i don't want to risk damaging it any more, and plus i might be getting a Music Star this Wednesday so it will not matter.

Thanks for the advice though!

My first character on the V1 Tama was the Mametchi, after that i couldn't stop getting it! it was everywhere!

I wish I remembered the days of when everyone had a Tamagotchi V1, but I was just a baby. I do remember though that my sister had a Nano Kitty. I remember always watching her play it, and I think I got to play it a few times too.

It's actually here on my computer desk. It hasn't been played in YEARS but I'm planning on finding the right battery for it at the store and see if it'll still work...

Although, I don't remember the days when Tamagotchi first came out, but I do remember when Tamagotchi became a craze at my elementary school! It was about 3 years ago. I was in 6th grade, and I'm in 9th grade in High School now. When the V3 came out, everyone at school had them, and I mean everyone! I saw everyone connecting with them and such, and I found it to look so much fun! I finally got my own Tamagotchi. It was a silver V3, my very first tamagotchi! :D I still remember my very first TamaPet. Her name was Lily, and she was a :ichigotchi: Too bad I had to be a stupid not knowing any better little kid, and give it to one of my not very close friends who moved a long time ago. But I gave it to him because I got another V3 which is a yellow/green clear Tama which I've been playing right now, and is displayed in my avatar.

I also remember the first time I ever saw a Tamagotchi. My friend and I were a lot younger, we could have been in grade 3 or 4, and we were walking to the store plaza right near our houses. Anyways, on the way there, my friend pulled out a Tamagotchi, and I saw what it was. I remember she hatched a new Tamagotchi that day, and I still remember seeing the egg being hatched. I also remember another time when we were playing in our complex, and she was playing with her Tamagotchi again, and when I asked what time it was, she just checked her Tamagotchi. I remember her Tamagotchi was purple, and I think it was a V2, possibly even a V1! I was at her house about 2 years ago, and I found that Tama in her closet. She's so lucky to have an older version of Tama. I think that when I'm older and have a credit card, I'm going to get a V1 off of Ebay! :p

Another thing is, back in the 'old days' Tamagotchi's didn't have as much features then so theyre batteries lasted much longer and since they were simple, people of all ages could easily operate them. :D

Cya! :lol:

I wasn't into tamas when the V1s came out but I remember that when the V2s came out everyone had one and those who didn't have them wanted them. Aw yes, those were the days lol.

Ahahahaha yeah.

I remember I was in 6th grade, and loads of people had tamagotchis. I also bought one. It was pink. <3

We'd make them connect and stuff at school. I remember when I tried to make my tama breed with my friend's tama. It didn't end up working though.

The V1 tamagotchis were my fave though. They were more... simple. Less characters, easy games (especially the jump game), etc.

I feel like firing up my old V1 tama again. All I have to do is find it... and find a battery for it...

I remember when the V1s came out. I was in Year 6, and when they first arrived, I didn't like the look of them, to be honest. Everyone in the whole school had one, and I'm not really one to follow trends (awkward XD).

I suppose it might have been the whole 'Back to Tamagotchi Planet' concept. I always feared every generation of my Tamagotchi, if I was to get one, would die on me. :lol:

Eventually my friend persuaded me to get one, so I asked my parents... And I got a V2. I was the first person in my school to get a V2, but probably was the last person in my school to get a Tamagotchi in the first place. :(

Others followed suit and got their V2s as well. And I got really into the V2, so much that I got Mametchi on the first generation, which had been the character which, in the end, attracted me to Tamagotchi in the first place. ^o^

I eventually got a V1 because one of my friends gave it to me. That V1 had been a present to him from another friend, but they ended their friendship and my friend gave me his V1 to signify his friendship had ended. It was really sad. :D

I got a Mametchi on the first generation of that V1, too. ^o^

But, yes, I do remember those old days. If my friend hadn't nagged me to get a Tamagotchi, I probably wouldn't be here now. ;)

I was the first to get a V2 aswell.

My V1's buttons were worn down so it was hard too press them, so i got the yellow V2 with stars! :D

My V1 was the black design, i still have it.

Not to mention all the old characters that became less popular in the latest versions such as; :D ;) and the original Mametchi.

Cya! :( :lol:

I just 9 so I did't get when they first came out but I still have every single version

Oh I remember so well... Actually, I was the first to get one here. :D I got my v1 on Christmas '04, and me and my friend fell in love with Tamagotchies! She got one too, few days later. We LOVED them. They got babies. Ahh.. <3 What a wonderful vacation... Other people here didn't really have v1's, but when v2's came out, more people had them. Actually all of my friends had one, and I got to get one as well. :3 Good times.

(I was 9 years old [in the 3rd grade] when I got my v1, and 10 years old [in the 4th grade] when I got my v2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back