Visiting Tama Depa and Buying TMGC+C!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spooky Tanuki

Reaction score
I'm visiting Tama Depa in Harajuku on Sunday, and I'm thinking about picking up a Tamagotchi Plus Color. I can't read Japanese at all, but from lurking these forums I've gathered that Japanese Tamagotchis aren't hard for English speakers to figure out. Is that true?

Anyone else been to Tama Depa? I'm excited!

The TMGC+C is not hard to understand.

The only part someone who doesn't speak Japanese misses out on are the conversations in the playground. If you send your Tamagotchi character there in the morning, you can get a weather forecast for the day. From late morning to late afternoon, your Tamagotchi character can meet other Tamagotchi characters there. Sometimes they chat a bit. In the evening, you might find someone willing to tell you a few tips & tricks.

Here are a few topics that can help you to understand the menus:

TMGC+C quick guide for experienced Tamagotchi owners

TMGC+C menus & stats screen translations

I went to TamaDepa before it moved to Harajuku. It used to be in Tokyo Dome City. You'll get sick of the Tamagotchi theme music that's constantly playing, after a few minutes. I couldn't imagine having to listen to it all day long, like the staff do.

Tamagotchi Tamagotchi Tama Tama Gotchi... do- do- do- do- do do do do do- ~ ... etc. {repeat forever}

Where is the Tamagotchi Depa? Well I live in New Jersey. Is it in the U.S?
well, if it's in Harajuku it has to be in Japan...

and abouth the backlight, yeah, I also wish all of them were backlit. it would be such an important feature, I have no clue how BanDai forgot to include it until now. okay, batteries would run out much quicker, but I would be fine with that as long as it lets me use my tamas at places/in situations I cannot use them now because of the lack of light.

Tama depa is only in japan most of the all about tama shops are japan and I have been there they don't just have tamagotchis they got shirt,water bottles loads of stuff when I went I got :

A t-shirt

A penciel

A notebook

A Limited edition V4

and they gave 3 free things those things are:

A hand bag

A Keyring

A book mark

I also bought some tama doughnuts

I also heard that there is a theme park called puroland and its all about sanrio but its in a place called tama town could it be true could the be a real tama town but its in japan

Last edited by a moderator:
It is called tama depa it is not short for tamagotchi depa
Well, Depa is short for Department, I believe. :D

Tama Depa is kinda small. I would like to go there one day.

The backlight would be very useful. Would it be better if they used separate batteries?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, Depa is short for Department, I believe. :D Tama Depa is kinda small. I would like to go there one day.

The backlight would be very useful. Would it be better if they used separate batteries?
Yeah but the name is tama depa it is not suppoesed to be called tamagotchi department in formal.

I also heard that there is a theme park called puroland and its all about sanrio but its in a place called tama town could it be true could the be a real tama town but its in japan
Puroland is Sanrio's Hello Kitty (and friends) theme park.

"Tama" is the name of a river that flows through part of Tokyo. Several places close to that river have "Tama" in their name.

if i went there i think i would be in ecasty....

i would probably spend enough to be in debt for decades...... i need help......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back