Ready-Or-Not-Tot

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GotchiGirl96

Reaction score
Haha...

For home and careers, the teacher is making us take home a life-size baby doll that cries and you have to care for it by sticking keys in its back. There's a key for feeding, diaper change, burp, and attention. There are also 3 lights on the back where the keys go. There's one for tamper, like if you screwed around with the battery pack, one for low battery, which I really hope turns on because I don't know if I can stand another night with that thing, and there's one for abuse, like if you left the baby to cry and didn't put any keys in it, or if you dropped it or it banged into something fairly hard. *lolrunonsentencemuch*

So anyways, I had to take the baby home this weekend. It's sitting right next to me in my old doll stroller. That thing is a lifesaver, especially when I had to take the baby to the bathroom with me. I won't have to lug it around and hold it while I'm on the toilet, I'll just keep it in the stroller. So anyways, this creepy looking doll is driving me NUTS. It kept me up all night crying at ridiculous hours in the morning. Ugh. Why does this thing have to be so LIFE LIKE?? Well, I know I'm never having kids. Urrg.

Anyways, so now my topic up for discussion is: Have you ever had to do anything like this? How long did you have to keep it for? Did it keep you up at night? Did you ever drop it? What is your opinion on schools doing this?

Haha...For home and careers, the teacher is making us take home a life-size baby doll that cries and you have to care for it by sticking keys in its back. There's a key for feeding, diaper change, burp, and attention. There are also 3 lights on the back where the keys go. There's one for tamper, like if you screwed around with the battery pack, one for low battery, which I really hope turns on because I don't know if I can stand another night with that thing, and there's one for abuse, like if you left the baby to cry and didn't put any keys in it, or if you dropped it or it banged into something fairly hard. *lolrunonsentencemuch*

So anyways, I had to take the baby home this weekend. It's sitting right next to me in my old doll stroller. That thing is a lifesaver, especially when I had to take the baby to the bathroom with me. I won't have to lug it around and hold it while I'm on the toilet, I'll just keep it in the stroller. So anyways, this creepy looking doll is driving me NUTS. It kept me up all night crying at ridiculous hours in the morning. Ugh. Why does this thing have to be so LIFE LIKE?? Well, I know I'm never having kids. Urrg.

Anyways, so now my topic up for discussion is: Have you ever had to do anything like this? How long did you have to keep it for? Did it keep you up at night? Did you ever drop it? What is your opinion on schools doing this?
That sounds annoying! I feel bad that you have to suffer from this baby xP, and I hope he leaves soon! I'd much rather just taking care of a bag of flour. :furawatchi:

I've NEVER had to do anything like that for school, so I'm glad.

Haha, our school calls them Baby-Think-it-Over's. The only thing really different other than that is that they give you a bracelet, and it's quite realistic. You get a bottle and an extra diaper and all other sorts of things. The head moves, and it counts how many times you 'abuse' it. There's also a couple with disabilities, I believe there's one with down syndrome and a couple other ones. I get one next year, and I'm really unexcited for it.

I think it's a good idea schools do this, because even though you're (in my school, at least) 15 when you get them, it probably teaches a lot.

I'm going to try and find my old doll stroller, because my mark would probably lower a bit if I happened to drop it. xD

I have no idea. I would assume it would cry/need to be fed more or less often than the regular ones. If I get one with a disability next year, I'll be sure to let you know. :]

Kill. The. Plastic. Crying. Thing.'

No but really. That sounds annoying. I want children, but only the kind that are actually real. TOGETHER WE WILL DOMINATE THE UNIVERSE. YAAAAAY. Sorry, I'm feeling extra "special" today. x3

I've never seen one of those things before.

But Since I might take Family Studies [its some Class. Teaches about parenting, families, basic things] next year in School, I'm pretty sure They'll have them. I hope they do.

I'll probably enjoy it. [i've always wanted one of those Machine Babies. or whatever they're called. I think they're adorable. xD]

I'll end up staying up all night without any sleep though.

Even if the school I go to doesn't do that next year [They don't always do it. it depends on how many students take that class], I can always help out at the School Nursery [Where The Teen girls who've had babies in the past 2 years, Drop their kids off in while they're doing schoolwork]

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never done that. It sounds like a situation where I'd throw it out in front of a bus, like I did with that water bottle that wouldn't open.
It's best that I never have children.
I second this.

I like babies, only some though, like the ones that can control their crying. [i hardly cried when I was little. :3 I would probably only have one child though.

I like babies, only some though, like the ones that can control their crying. [i hardly cried when I was little. :3
Oh my god, me too. I absolutely refused to cry, even when I was a horrible spoiled brat in every other way. I still refuse to cry, but I'm not as much as a horrible spoiled brat. In fact... I don't think I even remember how to cry.

Plastic babies 'nnoy meh. I'd probably write on mine with sharpie, and dye it's hair.

Ha. Feel so sry 4 u. my school does this thing in 8th grade where they get eggs. Egg-babies they call them. In order to pass sex-ed that year, they have to create a egg-sized cradle for it and carry it around everywhere for a week. If a teacher sees an egg that isn't right next to a kid, they kidnap it. or if the egg spoils or gets cracked, it's dead. If their egg-baby isn't perfect (o and the teachers like 2 leave ransom notes and threats to hurt the egg) they fail sex-ed. I can't wait for next year. :p

^ Eggs!?!? My English teacher told me that her son did the same thing. xD

Well, I'm glad I'll be getting a mechanical baby next year, not an egg. I'd probably leave it on the counter one morning, and my dad or someone would be like, "OOH! EGGS!" And fry it alive.

Ha. Feel so sry 4 u. my school does this thing in 8th grade where they get eggs. Egg-babies they call them. In order to pass sex-ed that year, they have to create a egg-sized cradle for it and carry it around everywhere for a week. If a teacher sees an egg that isn't right next to a kid, they kidnap it. or if the egg spoils or gets cracked, it's dead. If their egg-baby isn't perfect (o and the teachers like 2 leave ransom notes and threats to hurt the egg) they fail sex-ed. I can't wait for next year. :)
Um... Carry around an egg, For a week, without it being a in fridge?..... Yeahyuck.

Oh my god, me too. I absolutely refused to cry, even when I was a horrible spoiled brat in every other way. I still refuse to cry, but I'm not as much as a horrible spoiled brat. In fact... I don't think I even remember how to cry.
Plastic babies 'nnoy meh. I'd probably write on mine with sharpie, and dye it's hair.
lolz, dye hair, write w/ sharpie, sounds like you, FeeBee, btw like ur new avvie.

They're a REALLY good idea in my opinion.

Though my cousin had a defected one, it never stopped crying.

Lol, that sounds annoying. If I were you I'd kill it

Have you ever had to do anything like this?

No. I took Child Development 1 this year in school, and after we watched a completey uncencored video of the conception of a child from inside the woman and we watched a woman give birth from in between her legs with absolutely no cencorship, I was done. I finished the semester, and dropped it. However, if I would have gone on to take Child Development 2, I would have gone on to do the same thing that you're doing, with the interactive baby.

What is your opinion on schools doing this?

I think that it's alright. It can almost touch on sex education, actually, and I am completely for sexual education in schools. [ I wrote my MLA format paper for English on it. :3 ] But I think it helps teach teens and tweens responsibility, and just SOME of the realities of caring for a baby. It can be a huge wake up call, and I am completely for it. I almost wish that this was required for every student at my school, not just part of an elective, where only a select few deal with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back