~..My TamaLog..~

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cookie3131

Reaction score
In case some of you haven't heard, a member here named Kyliesmum made a record of keeping a V.3 TamaPet living up to 145 TamaYears! You can read about it in her blog. Just scroll down on this link until you find an entry called "Tribute to Aaron".

https://www.blogagotchi.com/kyliesmum2/

There's another post in the "Seriously Tamagotchi" board where people are talking about it. I've decided to try working on this project myself, and see if I can make my own record!

-------------------------------

My new TamaPet on my V.3 hatched today (Wednesday, April 15, 2009) at exactly 5:23 PM. He's a boy, and I named him Joey. :p As soon as I named him, I fed him his dinner and some dessert, and now he's just moving around on the screen. I'm not sure when he'll grow up into a child, but hopefully I do know that he should change his age every day around 5:23 PM.

I never bring tamagotchis to school. I'm always afraid someone would see it, make fun, and end up getting me in trouble from the teacher. So I always pause it while at school. However, doing this project, you are not allowed to pause, or change the time. Which means, that I will have to bring it to school. I'll keep the sound off, and keep it in my locker. I'll check up on it and feed it at lunch time and after school. :p

Anyways, Joey just beeped, and he was sick! I quickly gave him his medicine. He's already 21 pounds, so I'm going to play "Get" with him for a bit. :D

Wish me luck with the project, and message me if you have anything to say. :D

- Cookie3131

So, today was Joey's first real day with me. We just got home from school a little while ago.

Last night he went to bed at 8 with only two hunger hearts full. I was afraid he'd starve by the time he woke up in the morning and I'd already be in class. Luckily, he woke up at 8 in the morning, and I wasn't in class yet, so I was able to fill his hearts up.

I kept him in my locker with no sound during the day. I checked on him at lunch and took care of him again after school. I'm glad he didn't get sick. :( So I shouldn't have a problem with him at school now. :( I'm just worried about weekends. I guess I'll have to start waking up early for now on. :\

His age hasn't changed yet, but he should change his age around 5:23 PM, which is when he was born.

Oh yeah! He turned into a child shortly after I made my first entry yesterday. I'm not sure what kind of Tama he is right now. I'll have to check the growth chart...

Hey! Sorry for not posting recently. School and stuff you know?

Anyways, Joey is still doing fine. He's 5 years old, and he's an adult now. I really gotta figure out what his character's name is because I don't think I've ever had this adult character before and he's really cute! ;)

So I've been taking Joey with me to school every day. Instead of keeping him in my locker, I take him into class in my sweater pocket. I'm sure he enjoys it. :) This way he doesn't have to wait till lunch to be fed, and that way there's a chance he could get sick, or even die!

Anyways, he's 99 pounds right now, but that's because I've been so busy to play games with him, so first thing after school, I'm going to play lots of games with him and make sure his weight goes between 20-30.

Also, thanks to the people who messaged me about this project. It's really nice getting comments from people about what they think. :D

I got some bad news. Joey died at the age of 8 on April 24th. I forgot to turn the sound back on it, and I went to my friend's house. I still had my tamagotchi next to me, but I was editing a video on my friend's computer, and completely forgot about Joey. :(

I felt so very bad when I found out, and I still really hate myself for not being a good caretaker.

I honestly didn't feel very close with him, but I still liked him, and I was always looking forward to seeing him everyday.

Well, I'm sure now that Joey is up in TamaHeaven with the rest of the millions of deceased TamaPets. And he'll get to tell the 145 year old Aaron about how he was trying to beat his record. I bet Aaron would get a kick out of that. ^_^

Anyways, I'll definitely try again. I made sure to wait a few days before I rehatched a new TamaPet. I usually always just reset my Tamagotchi, but I think this time, I'll just press and hold A & C, so then Joey will still be in the history column. That way, it would show all the Tamas that tried to become the next oldest Oldie known to man. ^_^

I'm going to rehatch an egg as soon as I get home from school. The only problem though about taking it to school now, is since we've been getting hotter weather, I usually don't wear my sweater anymore, and if I put my Tama in my jean's pocket, I'm sure it'll press buttons, and possibly pause it. I'll have to think of something... Maybe I'll look over at all those "How to hide your Tama at school" posts on the tips and tricks board. :(

Anyways, I usually get home around 3:00 PM, so I think that I'll either rehatch my Tama at exactly 3:00 PM, or 3:30 PM, and lets hope that his/her aging time doesn't move around suddenly like Joey's did. :)

OMG, I completley ignored Tamagotchis for so long!

Anyways, today I finally decided to try at this project again. I know a lot of other people on this site is trying this project now, so there's a chance I may not beat the record myself, but it's nice to still try.

So today around 4:00 Pm, my new little girl hatched out of her egg. I named her Lily, named after my very first TamaPet I've ever had. Since this is summer, it should be a bit easier to look after Lily since I don't have to worry about school, but when school does come, then I will have to bring her along if she's still with me.

Anyways, so far she's gotten sick once, but she's fine now. She's 18 pounds, and she's still a baby of course.

I do hope I get attached to her. I think one of the main reasons why Joey died so soon, was because I wasn't very close with him, hence I didn't care for him like I should have. I think I was into more of the beating the record than just taking care of a pet. So I'm going to try my best to think less of the project, and more on taking care of Lily.

I'll do lots of things with her to become more attached, like watch movies with her, bring her along when I go shopping or to a friend's house, and either tomorrow or the day after, my Mom and I are going to Quebec for a couple days which is 7-10 hours away, so this getaway will give me lots of time to enjoy her company. Wish me luck everyone on this project, and I very much enjoy getting those PMs you guys send me, so don't be shy. :p

Oh, and to anyone who's reading this that is also doing the Oldie Project, or is thinking about doing it, remember these rules...

1. NO Pausing: It'll screw up your TamaPet's age, and it'll make it live longer without the age changing which is CHEATING.

2. NO Time Changing: It'll screw up your TamaPet's age, and it'll make your Tama's age go up quicker than it should which is CHEATING.

Wow... I just.... wow....

Where did the time go??

Well... my last attempt at the Oldie Project didn't work. It's hard to get attached to a TamaPet that you're using as a project, which makes me care less for it!

I just hatched a new TamaPet on my V3. Her name is Bijou.

I'm going to try again on the project, but I have to try my best at coming close to her, or else, I'll easily forget about her and she'll die. Now, remember...

The longest living TamaPet known to man was 145 TamaYears old. The Tamagotchi's name was Aaron, and it was owned by a TamaTalk member Kyliesmum. Her blog mentioning Aaron is...

https://www.blogagotchi.com/kyliesmum2/

Rules:

1. NO Pausing: It'll screw up your TamaPet's age, and it'll make it live longer without the age changing which is CHEATING.

2. NO Time Changing: It'll screw up your TamaPet's age, and it'll make your Tama's age go up or down quicker than it should which is CHEATING.

Wish me luck, and good luck to anyone else who is trying. ;)

Today was my first real day with Bijou. She's now one TamaYear old. I brought her to school and I kept her in my sweater pocket. I think she had fun. ;)

By the way, today we're having our first real snowfall here in Ontario Canada. I bet Bijou likes it too. ;)

I admit, I gave up on the Oldie Project. It's actually harder than I thought. Having to bring it to school everyday, making sure it won't fall out of my sweater pocket, trying not to get caught with it. It's hard work.

I reset my Tama V3 again this morning, saying goodbye to Bijou (who by the way ended up growing into an ugly Tama. She didn't even look like a girl!). I made a new TamaPet. His name is Teddy. He's a child right now. I've decided that instead of trying to see how long I can keep an Oldie alive (which involves no pausing or time changing), I'm just going to see how many generations I can go through. This way I don't have to bring it to school all the time (I'm allowed to pause my Tama if I want). However, I do hope others do try to compete through the Oldie Project. It would be cool to see someone else beat the 145 TamaYear record.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways, Teddy is now a child. Today my friend and I will be going sledding today, and I'm going to take Teddy with me! I bet he'll have lots of fun going sledding. I haven't gone sledding in about 4 years. I can't wait! ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, it's been about a year since the last time I posted on here. I also haven't even played with Tamas since last year.

I'm 16 years old now, and I don't know, I always found Tamagotchis to be really fun, and I still love them, but I think I just feel too old to play with them. They are after all mainly for kids, and I don't know, lately I've just been doing other stuff. I've been reading more like the Harry Potter series. I've been playing my all-time favourite computer game, The Sims 2. Plus, this is my second-last year of High School, and I've been trying my best at keeping up with my grades.

I've been hanging out with my friends, going on dates, even going to parties, and I suppose I just feel too grown-up or mature to play with Tamas, although I can be very immature sometimes.

Maybe one day I'll really get the urge to get out my Tamagotchi V3. Sometimes I feel like it, but then I remember how I have to actually look after it, and I guess I just find it boring now and kind of childish. I wish I didn't feel this way, but I do. :(

Anyways, what I'm trying to say is I may have stopped playing with Tamas for now, but I'm sure sometime in the future I'll start again. Whether it's just for a few days, or maybe a week, or even a month, or longer, but I'm sure I'll play with mine again someday. Tamagotchis are really cool little pets, and I hope lots of people still play with them while I'm gone.

Latest posts

Back