The Emotion of Tamagotchi

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandMan

Reaction score
Dear All,

I seem to remember that when I was young and had a tamagotchi, and it died one time, that I got really sad, and that it made me cry. But I'm not sure, I say to myself, would I have really cried over my tamagotchi dying? I mean it's just a toy. (I was probably 11 at the time, I'm now 21 and haven't played with a tamagotchi for a long time)

So I was wondering, has anyone else had a similar experience with the death of a tamagotchi: sadness, even crying? Or I am over emotional and just making something out of nothing?

And what about the joys that a tamagotchi gives: I remember having great fun seeing it grow up, nurturing it, taking care. Do alot of you relate to this, or do you like your tamagotchi for different reasons? Sometimes I felt like the tamagotchi was like a baby of my own...

My final question is this: is it really possible to have an emotional relationship with a small computer?

Thanks for your answers (and helping me get closure :) )

Laurence

I REALLY love my tams, but I try not to think of them as a computer. They really are special to me :p And most of the time, I do cry over my tams dying. :gozarutchi:

i've only had a tama die on me once. i was 16 at the time and i was really sad and felt bad cause it was my fault but i didn't cry.

it's definitely possible to have an emotional connection to them. I love my tamas xD

I think one time my tama left on my music star and I was hysterical. But I didn't cry.

When my Tamagotchi's die I just sometimes tell me my mom and then I reset I. I get sad but ihavent cried over my Tamagotchi leaving/dying because it would be my fault that it happened.

When I got my second Tamagotchi I was 6. It evolved into a Maidtchi and I was so happy with it. I loved it and now Maidtchi is one of my favorite characters, but then, it went to bed at 10:30 and I went to bed at about 7:00PM or 7:30PM. I woke up at about 7:30AM and saw, my poor tamagotchi was...dead, it still brings tears to my eyes. It was my first Mame Family Adult and my first Tama to die. I cried so much I felt like I was turning my shorts blue. I never got over it...never :) :huh: :eek: :( :( :( :( :(

I never really thought of my tamagotchi like that. I sometimes think how it is just a circuit board and plastic. I still do have much fun with my tamagotchi and play games with it. I've never had nor let a tamagotchi die.

I haven't had a tama die for a while now, but I remember when I have 5 or 6, my sister was about 12, she ripped out the buttons of her tamagotchi. I felt so bad for it, I started crying. I don't think I would cry over anything like that now.

I've never had a Tamagotchi die on me (so far...) but my friend had a Tamagotchi die on her. She was really attached to him. I had helped her take care of it. We both cried. :( . He was such a good lil guy! Rest his soul! Great I'm getting all emotional...

I've had a couple of them die on me (my fault), and I got a little bummed, but just started them over. I suppose some people would get really upset especially if they had one that lived for a long time, or they had their gotchi points maxed out, and had to start over. I think that younger folks would get more upset than older ones though.

Last edited by a moderator:
When Mia died I cried all evening. I wrote at least two pages that day on my grief and memories. I was nine at the time and loved her to the death, as much as any person. I wish I could find what I wrote, but it's been so long and I don't know where it's got to. On January 19, 2010, what will be the fourth anniversary of Mia's death, I'm going to post a topic in the tamagotchi memorial.

When Zara was reset, I was equally sad, although I was 11 then. I didn't write about her, but I thought about her for so long... As for when Goldy died, well I didn't cry but my eyes were prickling and I was consumed by sadness. I thought it was a nightmare when it first happened, I didn't believe it was true. And the time Sugar (my V5) was reset... well, I wasn't that bothered to be truthful. In a way I was relieved, because my V5s were so demanding... To be honest, I never loved Sugar, so I didn't really care they were gone.

Well, at the moment, my V1 is an Otokitchi at 19 years of age. I have a pretty special connection with her, as I once has a log called "Mission: Otokitchi" in 2008 that was for her. I recently put batteries back in this Tamagotchi after over a year, and Tulip is getting pretty old. When she dies, I'll be pretty sad. I love her quite a lot.

When I was younger, I would often feel guilty about taking bad care of my Tamagotchi. I was more self conscious back then. But now, I kinda got over how the emotions of my Tamagotchi affected me.

I used to have a V4.5.

I seem to remember pausing it before school, but I might have not, because I went to my room. It was eerily quiet, my mom and I were the only ones home. My mom was downstairs. I looked at it and it was...

[SIZE=14pt] Dead! [/SIZE]

It freaked me out to the point of crying. I never had a Tama die before. I made a mad dash back downstairs and told my mom.

Though this happened 2 years ago, I am still scared of that angel egg. ;_;

But I've seen a dead V5.5 (It wasn't mine) and it didn't seem scary at all. :D

I think it is definately possible to have an emotional connection with a tama. after a while they don't seem like a bunch of pixels. They seem like living things that u r responsible 4. And when one dies, u may feel guilty because it feels like have taken a life, even though it's all just computer programing and stuff. I have experienced feelings of guilt for dead tamas, and they really do grow on you after a while. Don't feel weird about having an emotional connection to your tama. It's totally natural.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back