Diary of a Nobody

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kickthekan123

Reaction score
Diary of a Nobody

January 1, 2009

It’s a new year. You might think So? It happens every year. No big deal. But it’s a big deal to me and my family because it’s our first New Year at Bridgeford. My mom divorced my dad because “he couldn’t appreciate anything I did, he didn’t bother to get a job, and he barely knew you”. I knew Dad pretty well, I just didn’t like him. Now I wish I would’ve at least told him goodbye instead of just saying, “Uh-huh. Later.” The only family we have in Bridgeford is my aunt Isabelle and my uncle Tony, who have agreed to let us sleep in the guest room at their house because all of mom’s friends were in Alabama.

I’m sitting on the back porch, looking up at the stars. Mom gave me this diary and told me, “Here, Rose. A present for starting the new school year.” My first day at Harley Middle School is tomorrow—I’d never tell Mom, Uncle Tony or even Isabelle this, but I’m terrified. I hardly had any friends at my old school because I wasn’t “cool enough” or “rich enough” to be considered popular.

I told Mom earlier today, “What if I don’t make any friends at Harley? What if nobody likes me?” I felt like a six-year-old before their first day of first grade, and I bet Mom thought I sounded like it too.

Mom chuckled. “You had tons of friends in Alabama, and I’m sure you’ll have just as many here,” Mom said.

I’d never actually told Mom that I had no friends, and I know she was trying to comfort me, but those words kept coming back to me and only made me feel worse. I had zero friends in Alabama and I’ll probably have the same at Harley.

I could write on and on about my life but I’m tired after eating all the cake and barbecue Uncle Tony and Aunt Isabelle made.

Rose

What do you think? =) Comment please!

Latest posts

Back