Photo
- - - - -

Love Stories

• Please log in to reply

tamtamkitty07

• tamtamkitty07 user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 August 2009 - 12:55 AM ( #18 )

I was thinking of doing that, but it might be too confusing to follow you know?

Well it's only confusing if you make it confusing, know what I mean?

The book "Flipped" was written from two points of views, but it was very clear and ended up making the story better. And I think "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" is written from 4 different points of views. (I can't remember it's been a while)
If you think that would add to your story, use two points of views. But I recommend only using it if you want the characters to follow a somewhat different plot line through the story - because if they're always together and always thinking the same basic thing, you're gonna be reading the same chapter twice, if that makes sense. xD

Or, if you want to write in depth thoughts without doing the two points of views, you could write it in 3rd person so you can describe all the character's feelings.
I hope I helped.
It's a bit late, I have no idea what I'm talking about. Aha.

Anyways good luck

giraffagotchi

• giraffagotchi user photo

Posted 06 September 2009 - 01:04 PM ( #19 )

Well it's only confusing if you make it confusing, know what I mean?

The book "Flipped" was written from two points of views, but it was very clear and ended up making the story better. And I think "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" is written from 4 different points of views. (I can't remember it's been a while)
If you think that would add to your story, use two points of views. But I recommend only using it if you want the characters to follow a somewhat different plot line through the story - because if they're always together and always thinking the same basic thing, you're gonna be reading the same chapter twice, if that makes sense. xD

Or, if you want to write in depth thoughts without doing the two points of views, you could write it in 3rd person so you can describe all the character's feelings.
I hope I helped.
It's a bit late, I have no idea what I'm talking about. Aha.

Anyways good luck

I read a book once written from different points of view. It wasn't in a steady pattern ie Person 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3,, and it overlapped sometimes which didn't make it confusing just slightly boring. "Voice in the Distance" is a great book, with lots of characters but only the main two 'writing'. The chapters never overlapped and the book was brilliant. The author just had a plotline, and for each chapter decided who would tell it better. It was a great book.

Also, don't make the plot too predictable, but if it is going to be fairly standard, the way you write it has to be brilliant to make it stand out. There was something else I was going to mention but I've forgotton. I'll edit when it comes back to me.

Those are my tips!!

Giraffagotchi

Tamatoshu2

• tamatoshu2 user photo

Posted 14 September 2009 - 04:17 AM ( #20 )

I think it should be about two best friends, a boy and a girl who don't realize they like eachother and when they do they dont know how to tell eachother...I'm too tired to think of how it should end

Edited by Tamatoshu2, 14 September 2009 - 04:18 AM.