new tamagotchis!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spbob

Reaction score
I went to walmart today and I saw the following tamagotchis:

make up fun: lipstick and lips on the tamagotchi

camaflouge collection: purple camaflouge

spring time collection: butterflies

tropical fun collection: shells and flowers

.....is it just me.... or are they making tamagotchis a GIRL thing???

the only designs you can wear to school without getting made fun of are the candy collection, and the camaflouge.

please reply if you've seen these tamagotchis

i got a new tamagotchi at walmart today.... the best 1 i could find was a butterfly decorated yellow one......at least its better than lipstick tamagotchis and flowers

Ugh... LIPSTICK? I'm a girl, but a MAJOR tomboy. My friend bought me one, and she bought me a flower one. It's decent, SORTA, but... I really wanted the camouflage one and SHE got it even though I she knew I wanted it WAY more than her. (she's my friend, not my BEST friend. I'm kinda getting tired of her) Anyways, ~back on track~ I can't belive what they're doing to tamagotchi designs. I'm just glad I like most of them. (NOT the girly ones...)

at meijer i got a sorta black one but over 75% of the designs were very girly no affens to you girls out there my little got a jelly bean one that has a pinkish/oragish anways personally from my persony i think its kindy girly.

Hmmm... I thought that tamagotchis STARTED as a girl thing.
in the beggining it was for both genders....

actually tamagotchis did start out as a girl thing. unless i'm mistaken badly, the original product research was done in part by interviewing teen girls and asking them what they'd want in a pet/virtual pet. thats why digimon came out - to be aimed more at boys.

thats not to say, of course, that any one can't like tamagotchis. :hitodetchi:

I COMPLETELY agree with you. I've made it quite apparent as to where I stand when it comes to the North American designs. They're targetting GIRLS and ONLY GIRLS. Let's have a little comparison, shall we?

https://img359.imageshack.us/img359/1685/ba...etsgirls9pf.jpg

And to defend the statement that Tamagotchis was always a girl thing-That's not completely true. The initial release had girl and boy colors alike, unlike the colors Banda is giving to us North Americans.

Last edited by a moderator:
in the beggining it was for both genders....

actually tamagotchis did start out as a girl thing. unless i'm mistaken badly, the original product research was done in part by interviewing teen girls and asking them what they'd want in a pet/virtual pet. thats why digimon came out - to be aimed more at boys.

thats not to say, of course, that any one can't like tamagotchis. :hitodetchi:
They were orignally intened for girls.

But, once they were released, the phernomonen began. Males also became interested in them.

____

I think it is completly unfair what they are doing. I am a guy and i love tamagotchis. So what? I think they should have a equal gender ratio.

Ugh... LIPSTICK? I'm a girl, but a MAJOR tomboy. My friend bought me one, and she bought me a flower one. It's decent, SORTA, but... I really wanted the camouflage one and SHE got it even though I she knew I wanted it WAY more than her. (she's my friend, not my BEST friend. I'm kinda getting tired of her) Anyways, ~back on track~ I can't belive what they're doing to tamagotchi designs. I'm just glad I like most of them. (NOT the girly ones...)
...I'm sorry...I thought you'd like it... :hitodetchi:

When I got my mesutchi it was pink...... and I got made fun of alot so bandai better stop with the lipstick junk!!!!

this is my last post

I remember when I got my first tama..... the year was 1996..... I think

this REALLY is my last post

As a matter of fact, i'm a rather big tomboy myself (big as in emersed, not large in size) and i find the only tamas i can get that are new without having too much of a girly look to them is the BEst Friends Pack with the Blue Starred and Purple Starred Tamas... all the other ones are too.... icky for me.... ntm, i got a Tama Mini instead since all the V2 colors were crappy, it is black with flames on it.... but i'm not very happy with it. :hitodetchi:

im a guy and i to feel that they are makeing them more for girls but look at my collection in my signiture :hitodetchi:

I'm really not into the girly ones. When I tried to find my friend a blue tropical or blue camouflage V2, all they had were the candy ones, which both of us hate, and girly designs! :) Bandai had better stop making Tama's only for girls, although, admittedly, I am a girl.

No offens to the guys but I'm a girly girl :) but maybe Bandai is getting a little carried away huh? ;) I personaly like alll the V2 colors EXCEPT THE CAMOFLOUGE :mimitchi: bUT I THINK THE SHOULD GET BLUE AND PINK CAMOFLOUGE SO THAT BOYS CAN GET BLUE OR GREEN :ph34r:

OMG,i have the spring time 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :mimitchi: ;) :ph34r: it's a circale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back