whate is my tama

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

miriam95

Reaction score
:furawatchi: whate is my tama it lookes like a whale and his tale has a hart on it plz help me :gozarutchi: :blink: :mimitchi: :wacko: ;) :pochitchi: :huh: :mimitchi: :) :hitodetchi: :mametchi: :kuribotchi:

Last edited by a moderator:
you mean he looks like a whale and his tail has a heart on it. That is Hatenatchi

OsuMesu where did you get the name "Hatenatchi" from?
I got it from a japanese Tamagotchi site called TAMA2. Also the tiger thing is called Toratchi, apparently.

Thanks TrickerTreat! I have been given a few other drawn characters as well which when I do get the time will get added.

OsuMesu21...could you perhaps post a link?

Thanks TrickerTreat! I have been given a few other drawn characters as well which when I do get the time will get added.
OsuMesu21...could you perhaps post a link?
Here ye go. But the logs are down (I found the names there) so check back every once in a while.

Oh wow that's great. I need to inform a few people about these names!

Are Tamagotchi names ever changed when translated into english? o_o I really don't know how that works.

I know what you are saying and no they are not. These are Japanese toys so the name comes from the Japanese translation and we translate it exactly. As in in stead of Furawatchi becoming Little Flower which it would be in English we still say it as Furwatachi (said foo-ra-wah-tchi). Does that make sense?

Oh that definitely makes sense. Haha wow I'd like to know what a lot of the V2 tamagotchi names mean.

Are Tamagotchi names ever changed when translated into english? o_o I really don't know how that works.
Sometimes. Way back in '96 when the first Tamas came to America, Maskutchi's name was changed to just Masktchi. And I think on P2 Sekitotchi became Sumotchi. And every all the character's names were kinds edited on Tamagotchi Angel. For example, Futagotenshi changed to Twin Angels, and Obaketchi 2 became Ghost Angel.

Sometimes, characters are changed. On P1, Oyajitchi was changed to Ketotchi/Gaijintchi/Bill (all the same character), and on P2 Sekitotchi and Charitchi were replaced by Zachi, who is also available on the Arukotchi. On Angel, Sabotenshi (Cactus Angel) Became Kitsutenshi (Smiling Angel) and Lucky Unchi-Kun became the Lucky Poop. The difference is that the Japanese one has a face. I'm not sure about Ocean yet, I haven't gotten that far.

I believe that on the 2004 Tamagotchis things changed as well. People are still getting confused with Robotchi and Androtchi (the same character) and there's a second Maskutchi. Plus, UFOtchi now has a black stripe near her tiny feet. And on the U.S. V1 they forgot to add Bill :D

I know what some of them are... Itchigotchi is Little Strawberry & Ringotchi is Little Apple (really obvious also by their shape). Again Yo-fotchi is the Japanese way of saying Little UFO... Oniontchi is Little Onion. Puroperatchi is Little Propeller (said Poo-ro-pe-ra-tchi). Robotchi... Little Robot. Hanatchi is Little Nose (even tho he has a big one). Masktchi is Little Mask. Pochitchi is Little Pooch. :D I'd have to have a bit of dig in my old jap gear from school to look at the other which will be Jap words tacked onto the tchi meaning little.

Sometimes. Way back in '96 when the first Tamas came to America, Maskutchi's name was changed to just Masktchi.
Maskutchi would be the correct name in Japanese... not sure why they changed it... perhaps to make it more obvious what it was about for English people.

In the Japanese alphabet everthing ends with a, i, u, e or o with the exception of N and something else which I forget...hence the reason maskutchi would have been correct. It's kind of hard to explain without actually teaching you the Jap language. :S

You can read Japanese? :D
OsuMesu Secret characters I know the male's name is Sutebotchi, but what's the female's name? I've been wondering since I found this site...
Reading from up the top in between the first two characters it says Sutebotchi (as you said) and Chiketchi no Petzu or Chicketchi Pets

All of the selectable text is coming up dodgy cause I'm on my bf's computer so when I get home tomorrow I will have a look at that again for you and send you a PM cause I think that is where the names of the male female characters are written... at present it looks like this: —ö‚É‹»–¡‚ð‚È‚­‚µ‚Ä‚µ‚Ü‚Á‚½‚½‚Ü‚²‚Á‚¿?B

Oh wow that's all really intersting! So I assume "tchi" means little. Tamagotchi means "little egg" right? I forget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back