* * * * * 4 votes

Do you remember your first tama?

• Please log in to reply

• bowchilala user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:11 AM ( #273 )

ahh... such memories... my first one was a v5 celebrity but i didn't even KNOW mine was a celebrity until now LOL :D

Violetchi luv

• violetchi-luv user photo

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:15 PM ( #274 )

I remember it OK. It was a v3 and it was 2006. I lost the stinker. I feel SO bad now! :(

• i<3froyo user photo

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:56 AM ( #275 )

I think it was in 2006...It was a glow in the dark v4, which my sister gave to me, since she had lots. But then after a month, I got bored and gave it back to her, unfortunately. -_-

• sailorrosette user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:54 PM ( #276 )

And people wonder why I still have all my digital pets. (In a proud working order) Some maybe missing pieces or have some play bruises... Those memories with them, are pretty important to me. I really appreciate the day I met my first digital pet... Which I believe was my Tama or a Compu Kitty (Giga)

Edited by SailorRosette, 01 March 2012 - 02:54 PM.

• purimatchi user photo

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:51 PM ( #277 )

I remeber getting my first Pink V2 at Walgreens and seeing everyone at school have at first i thought it was over rated but then i got one and I haven't stopped likeing them! thats why I have over 50 tama's.

• fwoggy user photo

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:44 PM ( #278 )

Yes, I do. I was six years old. The tama was a pink and green V4 that is now lost somewhere, probably in my attic!

• thehallidae16 user photo

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:07 AM ( #279 )

Mine was a pink V2 (They didn't have any more V1's at Toys R Us :( ) and it had pictures of lipstick and stuff on it. Unfortunately I wasn't very good at it and it would die during it's teenage stage. :( I eventually got better and got a mametchi~

• Aliciavz88 likes this

• tamagal1 user photo

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:19 PM ( #280 )

My first Tama was a V5.5 Celebrity version. That one ended up in the washing machine cause I put it in my pocket and forgot it was there.

• ringotchi123 user photo

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:34 AM ( #281 )

2011 I got my first tama. A tama-go. White with kutchipatchi. It's my only tama.

• yellowtamagotchi user photo

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:24 AM ( #282 )

In 3rd grade I got my first v3. I never bothered reading the instructions, and always reset it when it became an adult. I would get happy when it got married, and I literally cried when it passed away.
  • ApertureGotchi and 4F4E2E0G like this

• aperturegotchi user photo

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:28 PM ( #283 )

I was in third grade when I got my first one. It was a silver V3 and I loved it. But then it broke, probably because I dropped it at least five times a day. A new battery wouldn't even fix it.(Not very surprising) So I got a new one. Do you remember the zebra striped V3? I got that one. I loved it so much. And I actually had it for more than 2 months! But one day I was playing at the park and it fell out of my pocket. I'm sure that's how a lot of Tamagotchis are lost... But now that we have the Tama-Go, I don't think having them fall out of our pocket would be that much of a problem! But still today, I think the zebra design is the best shell color they've came up with. And, hopefully, I'll finally get another zebra V3 for my birthday!

• complete-tama-fanatic user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:24 PM ( #284 )

I remember getting my first Tamagotchi on the Christmas of '06... It was a yellow V3 with pink & purple spots. I had gotten the inspiration to ask for one from seeing one of my cousins happily taking care of her V2 a couple years before.

I also remember that all my siblings wanted Tamagotchis too when I had mine, because I was having so much fun with it! :-D

The first Tamagotchi I raised was named "RUBY", and she was always with me. Sadly though, she ended up dying as a teen, because I was unaware that your pet had to have a weight above the minimum weight to play games (which was all I knew, at the time, that would raise her happy heats). She died in my hands, I saw it all... I was devastated!

Happily though, I raised the next Tamagotchi I had, "JEWEL", with a much wiser approach... By feeding her snacks to help her gain weight and happiness!

Jewel's daughter "VALUE" actually came with me on a trip to Mexico, but my dad made me have my Tamagotchi paused for the entire vacation. I still checked the screen (even though it was paused) over and over! :rolleyes:

Tamagotchis can bring back great memories! :D

• Aliciavz88 likes this

• ayan300 user photo

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:12 PM ( #285 )

It was one day at Walmart, I saw a bunch of music stars lined up against the wall. I asked for one, but my parent's said I already have a DS Lite. Later, I got bored of my DS and sold it to gamestop. A little later, I asked for a tama-go and got one and i still have it and love it with all my heart, but i want more!

• ichiromalfoy user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:45 AM ( #286 )

I remembered about 10+ years back when my aunt was living in Japan, my sister asked for a tama, then she got her an Angelgotchi. Since she was really very young that time, she often neglected the pet and ended up babysitting it for her. I enjoyed playing it until its battery went dead and I eventually outgrown it.

Now that I have my Music Star, I'm starting to feel that I missed that Angelgotchi.

• zootgotchi user photo

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:11 AM ( #287 )

I remember my first tamagotchi when I was 8. It was the original. My sister that whole week had been talking about this new computer pet which u look after. I was in portugal visiting family and my uncle came in the door one day randomly with like 10 tamagotchis one for each kid that was there. I can't tell u how much fun we had, and the amount of fights over people resetting others tamagotchis in the hope to be the best tamagotchi breeder lolllll

• cherubhorse user photo

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:56 AM ( #288 )

I remember quite vividly :3
In 2nd grade there was a girl who had a Tamagotchi v1....NOBODY knew what it was, and she did a poor job explaining what it was, because she reset it every time it evolved into a child. For entertainment she would shout at it "GO POOPIE!!" then laugh when it did -.- So a few days later my best friend came to school with 2....she was a very spoiled kid and to be honest, she HAD to have it if someone had something cool that she didn't have. It was a boy and girl shell friendship set....and she took relatively bad care of them. She let me play them a bit here and there. Then my birthday came up and my uncle gave me $100 to go on a Target shopping spree for toys :D
I ALMOST bought a v1 white Decogotchi kit....which I wish I had bought, because I think I really would've liked it! My mom told me not to waste my money on it, and instead made me buy some other stuff. One of those things I bought was a mare and foal Our Generation horse set....I still have them xD
My sister bought a v1 light purple Decogotchi Tama. I played it here and there. Then I got a package on my birthday from my awesome aunt who always bubys me the newest toys....it was a v1 Tamagotchi!! It was metallic purple and came with lots of stickers and such to decorate it with. I loved that thing to death! But I gave it so many snacks "to make it happy" that I ALWAYS got Maskchi. The only time I ever got another character was when my sister had me take care of her tama while I was at school, and it evolved into Tarakotchi....or whatever the potato with legs is called ;)
But yes I still have that tama......I still love it and occasionally put batteries in it so I can connect it with a fellow tama.

• sehunitchi user photo

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:53 AM ( #289 )

Sadly, my memories of my first Tamagotchi are limited, since I got it at least five years ago. I had a Tamagotchi Connection V4 (it had the little shell things that spelled 'TAMA' on it connected to it instead of a keychain ring like the European versions) with the Memetchi design. The first time I got it, I accidentally named it 'Aba' because I didn't understand how to change its name ^^;; But from that day on, I brought my gotchi everywhere. I remember connecting with everyone I met that had a Tamagotchi and even having it confiscated in class because I forgot to switch off the sound and it kept beeping for attention >< I'm planning to get the iDL and am searching eBay & Amazon for another Connection V4 because my first Connection V4 still doesn't work, even when I put in a new battery D: