Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

Do you remember your first tama?

• Please log in to reply

Miracle

• miracle user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:15 AM ( #290 )

My first tamagotchi was a v4, black with red and a silver lightning bolt. That was back in 2005-06.

jenjen182

• jenjen182 user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:59 PM ( #291 )

My first Tamagotchi was a V1, and I got it right after a swim meet. Best ever! I spent months on that thing, non-stop, and I wasn't ready to let go of it when it went out of style. However, my parents were done with the beeping (you couldn't disable the sound then) and tossed it down the trash can.

I missed my Tama so much, but then I moved on. Once again though, 5 years later I want a Tama-Go, which I got just several days ago. I am obsessed with it, and am raising a happy teenage Shelltchi with full happy, hunger, and friendship bars. I love Tamagotchi's! ^_^

LauraKCald

• laurakcald user photo

Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:27 AM ( #292 )

My first tamagotchi was the v4.5 and I got it not long after it came out in the UK.
I don't remember where I got it or how much it was but I do remember that I barely ever went on it.
After discovering it again after years of it being thrown about, I re-set it and now I'm on generation 6 (I pause it a lot)
I have to say that finding my v4.5 again got me back into tamagotchis and they are great.

I wish I could remember more about receiving my lovely v4.5 but I don't and I regret that (I have an awful memory)

Tama ninjah

• tama-ninjah user photo

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:50 PM ( #293 )

My friend bought me my first tama back in 2nd grade. I was so scared i was going to kill it. but its name was Kiki.

ciara683

• ciara683 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Angelgotchi

Posted 06 May 2012 - 02:05 AM ( #294 )

Apparently I didn't post here Like I though I did, oh well!

It was 2004 and I was 12. It was around fall and I went outside to play. My neighbor nick came outside not shortly after and asked if I heard about the new Tamagotchi things. " No? I don't have a tv" I said. "what no way there sooo cool I want the green one!" So A few days pass and im at his house and low and behold the Tamagotchi commercial comes on. I probably ran home faster than the road runner, to tell my mom I NEEDED one. Dunno how much time passed at this point but my Mom,Grandma,little brother and I all went to Walmart because my little brother needed diapers. We went to the toy section (Probably because I begged them) And guess what was starring me in the face? Yupp you guessed it! Tamagotchi! since purple is my favorite color I nabbed the purple one! This one to be exact ( which I still have after all these years) : http://i45.tinypic.com/3509ugi.jpg
We then went to lunch at A&W, And I couldn't wait till I was at home to open it. ripped the package open read the instructions a few times just to be safe then pulled the tab!. Don't remeber the gender but being the unoriginal 12 year old that I was, I named it tama because that was the name on the back of the package. I also always got ( :ph34r:) and( :gozarutchi:). After that I had about 8 of them. I remember every single one too. They were all the solid color ones after the first waves. Then the V2 and Mini's came out and I HAD to have those. I didn't stop collecting until V4 at that point I had gotten a v4 but I gave it to my little cousin. After the year passed I slowly got rid of all my tamagotchis, most of them thrown out but always holding on to the one's with sentimental value. If only I could travel back in time! I got back into tamagotchi when the v6 music star came out. I've been into them since that point tho every now and them I'll get bored and put them away. Recent financial issues made me sell my collection :/ Tho I still have some. I know I will NEVER stop loving tamagotchi!

Edited by ciara683, 06 May 2012 - 02:17 AM.

Ringotchi 100

• ringotchi-100 user photo

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:39 PM ( #295 )

I remember by first Tama it was a v2 desert camo Tama I got it when I was 8. it had used to be my older sister's but she said I could have it :D ^_^ .

Walshtchi

• walshtchi user photo

Posted 20 May 2012 - 11:26 AM ( #296 )

I remember my first tama was a V4(I'm so late into the collection!), that was lost when my mum and I were cleaning out what I own, I thought my mum was talking about something else when she asked when I was going to throw or keep it.

Tama rage

• tama-rage user photo

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:07 AM ( #297 )

My first tama was a graffiti v3 I brought It to school and I panicked beacause I needed to hide it and. Y teacher was coming so I shoved it in my water bottle . Regret that.

lovetchi3035

• lovetchi3035 user photo

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:07 PM ( #298 )

My first tama was a V5! it still works after every time I dropped it and water poured all over it! fun times! XD

Mau5tchi

• mau5tchi user photo

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:08 PM ( #299 )

My first was a tamagotchi V3 that I got in '06? in 5th grade, I bought it off ebay, and it came with a Violetchi lanyard and charm, the lanyard I lost the same year. My one friend gave me the same one a little while ago, so I rebooted my V3 and used that until I got my ID-L recently. I got almost all the tama's in between, except V4.5 and Music Star (Which I do still want, is it a good one?)

Princess Lovelitchi

• princess-lovelitchi user photo

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:38 PM ( #300 )

My first tama was a v4.5, Asian Invasion design I think it's called. I still have it. :)
And, yes the Music Star is good.

Kajah995

• kajah995 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:26 PM ( #301 )

My first tamagotchi was the Tama Mini, which I got one christmas when I was about... 7-ish.

kuchipatchiluver

• kuchipatchiluver user photo

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:09 PM ( #302 )

I remember I had just moved to a different state and I was talking to my friend from my old town on the phone. I was probably about 10 years old at the time. She asked if I had heard of Tamagotchis and I told her I hadn't, so she proceeded to tell me a little bit about them. It interested me a lot and I wanted one. I eventually saw the commercial and wanted one even more. It must've been around the holiday season.. I had told my dad how I wanted one and I remember quite vividly, one of the presents I hadn't opened yet was in a clothing box, so I was just like "oh it must be clothes or pajamas or something," and I opened it and sitting there in the box were two V1 Tamagotchis. I'm pretty sure these were the designs:
http://i52.tinypic.com/316pydh.jpg
http://tamafans.weeb...831/8894972.jpg

I was extremely happy xD and started them up that night. I loved those tamas, I grew so attached to them. A year or 2 later I ended up giving one to my friend and the other, this girl apparently lost them plus a couple other tamas I was letting her borrow, but oh well- I still had more tamas in my growing collection. xD A couple years ago I started to miss the V1's again and bought the same design as the second link up there (I probably would have gotten a different design but it was the only one I could find on ebay); it was so nice playing with a V1 again- so many memories.

Edited by kuchipatchiluver, 15 June 2012 - 10:09 PM.

tama-gotchifan98

• tama-gotchifan98 user photo

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:19 PM ( #303 )

I got my first Tama when I was still in elementary school. I walked around a toyshop in my town's shopping center and spotted the Tamagotchi. I immediately asked my parents for it, since I have read the store catalouges that was given out free, to be honest, it was pretty interesting. So anyway, my first Tamagotchi was the V4 and I opened it up as soon as I got home. I couldn't remember the exact details of how I raised my Tama, but what I remembered is that I brought it to school also got my friends to join me raising my Tama. My teacher was also interested in the Tamagotchi, since she hardly ever saw something like that =)).

bannasplit22

• bannasplit22 user photo

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:03 PM ( #304 )

My first tama was a v3 I love it and still play with it I remember always getting hinotamatchi. My whole class loved them we would bring them to school and connect fun!! I remember when I got debatchi me and my freind called him Bucky and thought he was adorable. Tobad those days are over I never stopped playing. : )

Decotchi

• decotchi user photo

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:19 AM ( #305 )

My first tama was the pink Ice Cream cone design V3. I got it when I was in 5th grade, I remember it exactly. i had saved up to buy it with my siblings, and after our trip to the beach we ran into Wal-Mart all wet from swimming, grabbe the first one off the shelf and immediately opened it in the car. I was taking care of it in the library later that day, and I remember thinking the poop was a little alien friend, but that it mightve been bothering the tama, so i pressed all these buttons until i figured out what it was. I read the instructions after that... It was a boy, turned into mohitamatchi, i dont remember the teen stage, but its final stage was Megatchi. My mom took care of it while we were at school. It's name was "S", because I didnt realize not to press the center button too far. I dont remember what I intended to name it. we kept it for so long, and its generations lasted a while. I dont remember what they ended at though. I dont think I still have it, I mightve swapped it with a friend for a different one. My current V3 is one I've had for about 6 years now.

Edited by Decotchi, 23 July 2012 - 12:20 AM.

Amarisje

• amarisje user photo

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:54 AM ( #306 )

I remember my very first tama. It wasn't a real one, it was from some other brand and it was a little doggy (it wasn't a giga pet either).
I was being bullied a lot and I only had 1 friend in my whole classroom... Still I felt very lonely and i hated school.
At that time i think i was 8 years old, tamas were just released. My mom felt so sorry for me, because she went very often to my school to solve the problem with the bullies. But it didn't work, the teachers just didn't care...It was only 1 girl that was being bullied....so not that bad.... I cry even thinking about it.
I was being bullied in that school from day 1 (when I was 7) till the very, very last minute i had to go to school there (12 years old).

My mom got sick of it and wanted me to have a friend in the classroom that i could keep with me every single minute of the day.
so she bought that tama. I loved it so much and i kept it very close until i was 12. Then I went to a new school, made a lot of friends and tamas weren't allowed in that school...And over the years i lost my tama, and i've been searching it everywhere. I still hope that I will find it back someday...
He was my best friend and the only real good memory of that crappy school!!!