* * * * * 4 votes

Do you remember your first tama?

• Please log in to reply

• kilexa user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 July 2012 - 08:27 PM ( #307 )

i remember when i was 9 when a huge tamagotchi craze happened at my summer camp. v3s were quite popular at the time & i remember going to walgreens and buying my first tamagotchi, but had no idea that it was v2. my character showed up as nazotchi on all of my friends' lists and i was so sad because i thought it was ugly :(

• neonmoonlight user photo

Posted 04 August 2012 - 04:31 AM ( #308 )

I remember mine well, it was a purple V1 with yellow and pink flowers on it. I had that and soon got 2 v3's, one green with flowers on and a blue camouflage one, a blue v4.5 and a purple one with stars on, I think, after that I kept on collecting, I had several of the same design and I used to swap designs with others at school. Now I just have a green v5 that a friend gave me (profile pic) and I may be getting a Tama-go soon.

• kuromametchix3 user photo

Posted 05 August 2012 - 12:45 PM ( #309 )

my V1. i was in second grade, and my mom surprised me with it when i got home. then my 3 year old sister, months later, thought it would be okay to bite the buttons off of it. Dx but i bought another V1 on eBay a few years ago ^_^

• webster04 user photo
  • Group: Account Closed

Posted 05 August 2012 - 02:12 PM ( #310 )

I remember my first tamagotchi really well. It was june of 97 and i went to our local toys r us (which is now closed) to get something to entertain myself for the summer, saw p1 and p2 tama's there and bought a yellow/ blue border and button p2. I ended up buying many more after that one, sadly though he isn't working anymore but i did care for him for over 10 years when he finally gave out on me.

• ladyagnes user photo

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:57 AM ( #311 )

I remember my first tama I was about 6year old and I fell in love with this toy. And now Im 22 and nothing changed, except that now I have a TamaGo with is more developed than my previous tama:)

• digigirl101 user photo

Posted 18 August 2012 - 08:22 AM ( #312 )

My first one was when I was young, I don't remember how old I was, but it was long enough to ago that I still had to go to my brother's baseball games (when I was about 11 1/12 my mom let me start staying home alone), so I have a sort of time reference. I couldn't keep that thing alive!! I think it made it to adulthood once, and then promptly died. I tried to take care of it, but I was only allowed to play with it during the summer and we travelled for my brother's baseball a lot so it got left in hotel rooms and well... You remember how quickly those first ones died!

Then in high school my friend and I found the connections and Toys R Us and bought them, excited not only to have a second shot at tamas but because they could INTERACT. It was sooooooo cool, haha.

Now I have a Music Star, a Tama-go, and now a Princess Spacey iD L on the way! I forgot how much I loved digital pets. I'm such a 90s kid... Does it show??

• moussette user photo

Posted 05 September 2012 - 11:32 AM ( #313 )

Yeah it shows on your nickname ! "Digigirl" ^^
My first one wasn't a Tamagotchi but some sort of virtual pet, a dog called puppy. I sooooooo loved it... I still have it though, but the sound doesn't work anymore. I remember my best friend had a tamagotchi angel. I wanted one, so I saved money (I was like 10 years old x) ) and I went to Toys R Us to buy one but....... they were out of stock :((((( . 10 years later I finally bought one ! But meanwhile I had other ones : like my first tamagotchi connection ! It was white and yellow and i remember that when started to play with it I found it so nice. And now I have a collection of 25 + tamagotchis, and I'm 22. héhéhé

• bunnychi43 user photo

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:15 PM ( #314 )

I was five and I saw a beautiful v5.5 and still have it running today oh and I'm 10 now.

• kittencorn user photo

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:00 PM ( #315 )

I don't remember specifics exactly... But I still have it! It's managed to stick around for 15+ years.

I think I got it as a birthday present. I remember how unbelievably excited I was to unwrap it and find that distinctive Tamagotchi box there and reading all about how it was a tiny pet from cyberspace.

It was the P1 with a bright blue case, pink trim and yellow buttons. It still works but definitely shows just how loved it was.

• longlivetamas user photo

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:18 PM ( #316 )

My first Tamagotchi, good times :')
I can't remember exactly how old I was but I was about 6-7ish. This was at the height of the 'tamagotchi craze' back in England.
I remember everybody started buying Tamagotchis and my friend let me play on hers for a little before I bought my own. My Dad took me to a toy store and there were loads of rows with Tamagotchis in different designs and colors. I chose a purple V2 with white stars around it and I played with it for the remainder of the day before starting a 'Tamagotchi Club' at school with my friends the next day. Haha, life was so simple back then ^_^

• jhud user photo

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:50 PM ( #317 )

My first ever tama was a translucent teal v3. (v3's were the first bandai tamagotchis in europe...)
We saw it in the Empik store (a store where you can buy books, games etc) and I had to have it, even though my aunt promised me to buy one already. So I was a star in school because of having two tamagotchis, ha.
And now I have 19 of them when nobody else is interested...

• 0eshap0 user photo

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:23 PM ( #318 )

My first Tamagotchi was a Version 1 blue (http://ecx.images-am...L500_AA300_.jpg this one)- parents gave it to me as a present, probably for my birthday (I was about 5 or 6 years old). First tamagotchi was likely to be Kuchipatchi, but I can't recall 100%.
Loved my Tamagotchi so much- especially my second. I remember playing with my Tamagotchi on the way to the school assembly, but teachers were nearby and I had to name my new baby tama quickly. I made the name "Bal". Teachers then confiscated it.
I managed to snatch it back at the end of the day (one of the few times I wouldn't be a teacher's pet :P) when he and his mother were near-death, but I looked after them and Bal grew into a Kuchipatchi. Since then, he was always my favourite Tamagotchi, and I'll remember those days fondly. *cough*even though i was a terrible owner*cough*

Edited by 0Eshap0, 09 October 2012 - 12:24 PM.

• siro user photo

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:14 PM ( #319 )

Ah, yes... I remember EVERYTHING. I mean that! Quite a while ago, my uncle was looking in the loft of my grandparent's house and found a wonderful clear blue P1 Tama! I had a feeling I knew what it was. ''This... is a Tamagotchi,'' my uncle had said. ''Yeah, I've heard of those!'' I replied, and before we knew it he was telling me all about them and how he killed his Tamas... ha. He asked me if I wanted it and I said ''OK,'' but I WISH I said more! Now, thanks to my uncle, I am a diehard Tama Fan. :D

I'll continue some other time this week. :) I just typed a whole load of stuff and pressed BACK. D'oh!

• teardroponfire user photo

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:17 PM ( #320 )

I was 12 and in KB toys in the mall, and I saw the orange and black one. I asked my parents if I could get him, and I did. I played him for awhile, but was bored with him pretty quick. I was more into Giga pets then. I ended up giving him to my cousin. It wasn't till I was about 16 that I really wanted all my old electronic pets back, and slowly started building it back again. I just recently bought that black and orange one new off ebay. Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by teardroponfire, 19 October 2012 - 12:19 PM.

• 3jaderox3 user photo

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:20 PM ( #321 )

mine was music star :o

• kusatchi37 user photo

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:07 PM ( #322 )

I got my first Tamagotchi back in October 2005. I was on vacation for the Oktoberfest in Bartlett, NH. Me and my sister both got one. I tried naming my first one Mimitchi but I ended up naming it Mimit. I thought that the poop was the Tamagotchi's friend. They always died in their toddler/teenager stages. Well, that's what I get for not reading the instructions!

The shell design was the "Red with Jelly Beans" design.

Edited by SailorRosette, 28 October 2012 - 02:50 PM.

• brittygotchi user photo

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:58 AM ( #323 )

I thought that the poop was the Tamagotchi's friend.

^lol omg. Younger you sounds like a cute kid ;}

I got mine from Target when I was in 3rd or 4th grade. It was an all white V1 with yellow buttons. I remember being disappointed at the plain shell but it was the only one left in stock. I checked all the racks at least 5 times looking for a hidden shell with a pretty color but all the ones left were just the same. Not long after that I got the exact same one for my friend for her birthday (again, only the white shell was in stock)
Once the battery died I couldn't play it anymore because my mom wouldn't buy me a new one because "those batteries are expensive" so it sat in the same spot for the rest of what I remember and I didn't play another Tamagotchi until the release of the V3.

Edited by Brittygotchi, 25 October 2012 - 11:00 AM.